Junior Ladies SP JGP Courchevel 2014 | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Junior Ladies SP JGP Courchevel 2014

samson

Medalist
And the ISU season has officially begun!! Does anyone know what CCoSp3p stands for? Is that Change Combination Spin 3 Positions (as in 3 basic positions)? Is this a rule change to those spins or has this always been the case in juniors and I'm just seeing it now?

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
New season is here. Finally!!!I couldn't wait since the start of August.
Evgenia's program was good, but not so special for me. But it's still the first competition of the season, so I just have to wait and it will be better.

zamboni step

Final Flight
And the ISU season has officially begun!! Does anyone know what CCoSp3p stands for? Is that Change Combination Spin 3 Positions (as in 3 basic positions)? Is this a rule change to those spins or has this always been the case in juniors and I'm just seeing it now?

Yes it means Change combination 3 positions. It's totally new this season, I'm not quite sure why it's been introduced though, anything other than a B or 1 level spin will have all three basic positions. :think:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Change foot, Combination Spin, 3 positions, (usually the level is here 1,2,3,or 4). They can also add a V1 or V2 if 1 or 2 requirements aren't satisfied. So normally well see CCoSp3p4 or CCoSp3p4V1.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes it means Change combination 3 positions. It's totally new this season, I'm not quite sure why it's been introduced though, anything other than a B or 1 level spin will have all three basic positions. :think:

They may have added the position since you can do the position but not satisfy the requirements needed to get full BV. The whole V1 and V2 thing. I really want someone to invent an RJD2 spin in combination with another invented C3PO spin. RJd2Cp0 :bang:

zamboni step

Final Flight
They may have added the position since you can do the position but not satisfy the requirements needed to get full BV. I really want someone invent an RJD2 spin in combination with another invented C3PO spin. RJd2Cp0 :bang:

You forgot the "Keyboard mash" spin: 2jtwqoi3d5.....should have a BV of 5 points in my opinion.

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
This new rule is too harsh. Evgenia got less than a point more for her lutz than Amber for an underrotated lutz with a fall...

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So I just watched the Moroccan girl skate and its apparent she wasn't expecting to get a great score and I actually enjoyed it because now I can confidently tell public skaters that annoy me they wouldn't even get 1 point at an ISU JUNIOR Grand Prix event !! But still my heart goes out to her for trying. When she fell on her spin I really felt sorry because that's just too bad. At least she tried. I would have judged with my heart and showered her with PCS. I'm too much of a softy for this sport I think. Besides no one takes PCS very seriously anyway. When the scores came up I just couldn't look. The whole experience was like the feeling you get when you decide whether not to watch some shock video that is +18 for graphic violence or something. I hope she can get thru the FS clean and get every point she can. I'm pulling for her NOT to set the lowest combined score ever. Get em girl. :clap:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
yay for the start of the season!

About Rin Nitaya, idk why but her 3Lz looks a bit iffy? maybe it just because it looks like a 3Lo setup from the given camera angle?

edit: not hating on her or anything but the setup of her 3Lz just kinda...confused me :/ anyone care to elaborate about jump setups?

samson

Medalist
Wow I completely forgot about the edge call rule. To actually see it in action shows how much it could shake things up a lot this year.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
The e for Evgenia was incredibly harsh!! I actually thought that the edge looked clean, maybe ! but surely not e... :disapp:

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Picture of Evegenia after her skate today with her headphones.

https://pp.vk.me/c620631/v620631429/196b4/chFn04NGs54.jpg

She looks like an elvan princess from Lord of the Rings :laugh:
As of today I am one of her fans. Loved her SP, her skating used to leave me cold but from now on I will pay more attention to her!
And the new edge call double deduction is stupid and we will see many scoring fails when a jump like Evgenia's 3Lz will score more or less like a fully rotated 3Lz with a fall.
Off topic, what would the base value be for an 3Lze<?

zamboni step

Final Flight
The e for Evgenia was incredibly harsh!! I actually thought that the edge looked clean, maybe ! but surely not e... :disapp:

I thought it was at worst transitioning from an outside to an inside which shouldn't merit more than an ! call. The edge looked better than Julia's last season so I guess we'll see whether they'll be universally harsh or not.

Mirunna

Record Breaker

Thank you.
So it would be posible for a jump with a slight edge call (and questionable "e" like in Medvedeva's case) and a slight UR given no benefit of a doubt ("<") to receive basically nothing (3.6 with the -3 and -2 GOE) while a fully rotated without any edge deductions but resulting in a fall to actually receive MORE even with the -1 penalty.