2014 JGP Courchevel Junior Men FS | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2014 JGP Courchevel Junior Men FS

jimeonji

Final Flight
Just watched Deniss' program - what an interesting music choice! I was completely thrown off when the man started speaking. His jumps need work (I cringed a bit every time he jumped :eek:hwell:) but I really like the choreo. I enjoyed this program much more than Junhyung's POTO, to be honest.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Deniss looked like he was gasping for breath at the end. It was a different kind of program for him...I have to say I thought it lacked a certain something, but hopefully this was just a one-off & he'll really bring it next time. He didn't seem his usual effervescent self.

Chase needs work but I find him very engaging; Paolo was a pleasant surprise. Gives me hope for American men going forward.

BounceAround

On the Ice
Whoever mixed Mr. Samarin's Beatles medley did a surprisingly good job! I really enjoyed it. Congratulations to Mr. Lee. This is his first win in four years on the JGP, right?

BusyMom

Medalist
Just watched Deniss' program - what an interesting music choice! I was completely thrown off when the man started speaking. His jumps need work (I cringed a bit every time he jumped :eek:hwell:) but I really like the choreo.
Agree. I think his coaches might reach the end of their rope technically. He might need to go abroad if he wants to keep up with the other. But I love his presentation still. Is he going to do any more JGP?

jimeonji

Final Flight
Agree. I think his coaches might reach the end of their rope technically. He might need to go abroad if he wants to keep up with the other. But I love his presentation still. Is he going to do any more JGP?
Yes - he will be at JGP Estonia.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker

I believe he has been training in France for awhile now (with a Lithuanian coach, Ingrida Snieskiene). It really looked to me like the altitude was affecting him since he kept gasping for air. Wonder if they have oxygen for the skaters in Courchevel? I saw Johnny Weir taking oxygen on his Instagram when he skated in Sun Valley, and that is at a lower altitude than Courchevel. Anyway, I'm hoping that he will feel better in Estonia and have fewer issues with the jumps.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I remember being impressed by Denis at JW last year, but I was surprised again by how good he is artistically: those SS :love: I don't understand at all why his CH is 6.79 and his SS score is 6.32, with four judges giving 6.00 :disapp: His jumps, however, are terrible, and he definitely needs better technique and more stamina (he was the only one who looked that tired after a couple of minutes...)
Congrats to Lee, he and Yamamoto were the only "complete" skaters here, with good jumps, good spins and decent artistry
The whole competition, as far as singles are concerned, wasn't a high-level one, compared to past events and hopefyllu to what we'll see in the next JGPs...

BusyMom

Medalist
I believe he has been training in France for awhile now (with a Lithuanian coach, Ingrida Snieskiene). It really looked to me like the altitude was affecting him since he kept gasping for air. Wonder if they have oxygen for the skaters in Courchevel? I saw Johnny Weir taking oxygen on his Instagram when he skated in Sun Valley, and that is at a lower altitude than Courchevel. Anyway, I'm hoping that he will feel better in Estonia and have fewer issues with the jumps.
Thank you for the info. I hope he'll do better too in the next competition.

As of JW, leave it to him to be dramatic (and I love him for that to be honest). But actually there are so many portable oxygen therapy machine as small as a handbag now. I have two, one with the wheelers that you can wheel them everywhere. The other is the same size with the telephone directory in which I carry with me on a trip. They should have something ready at the rink though.