Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1353 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

Fluture

Record Breaker
Okay upgrading her technical content is an argument. But still, ofc it would be better if she qualified for GPF. We have too be realistic, it willl not become easier in the coming season.

Nothing will ever be easier in figure skating, that‘s for sure. I have no idea how she will do and neither does she. But if she wants to compete with the very best at the moment, she needs to upgrade her BV. I believe she is trying and that‘s enough for me. She has chances close to zero because of her basic weaknesses (like that lutz technique she’s been taught) but we all knew it. And she knew it as well. She can only try. And we‘ll have to cheer her on.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Evgenia is 5th in total score for this season. That is an accomplishment in itself. Now she has had more training time for Nationals.

skatingfan200

Medalist
Nothing will ever be easier in figure skating, that‘s for sure. I have no idea how she will do and neither does she. But if she wants to compete with the very best at the moment, she needs to upgrade her BV. I believe she is trying and that‘s enough for me. She has chances close to zero because of her basic weaknesses (like that lutz technique she’s been taught) but we all knew it. And she knew it as well. She can only try. And we‘ll have to cheer her on.

Maybe I was unclear, I meant "but still, ofc it would be better if she qualified for GPF. We have to be realistic, it willl not become easier in the coming season to qualify for GPF. "

To try to upgrade her BV does she anyway, GPF has nothing to do with it. If she comes up with a correct lutz or a 4S at Nationals than ofc I should not post here for a long time. :)

Edit: "To try to upgrade her BV does she anyway," see her interview where she said that she trains the 4S 40 min per day.

silveruskate

On the Ice
If I ever see Zhenya doing a 4S-3Lo or even trying it ever, in competition or elsewhere, I'll be really happy. It's just something I really want to see her do, but who knows. I've been given hours and hours of happiness from watching her skate anyways. :)

Scott512

Record Breaker
It is actually a blessing that Zhenia couldn’t get to the Grand Prix final this year. The results of the GPF won’t define her as they may Rika and Alina, who were crushed by the news queens of figure skating. I particularly feel sorry for Alina. She is living the nightmare that Zhenia anticipated when she left Eteri’s team.

I am glad that Zhenia can train in a sheltered, non stress-inducing environment where she can calmly work on upgrading her technical content.

Very good points all the way around. It's hard to believe 3A angels cause nightmares. Maybe it was best Zhenya did not make GPF. But it's hard to think way.

jennapowers

Rinkside
Anyone low key glad Evgenia didn't make GPF's? It was already a mess in itself, she sure as hell did not have to partake in that

Fluture

Record Breaker
Anyone low key glad Evgenia didn't make GPF's? It was already a mess in itself, she sure as hell did not have to partake in that

If it led to her training the 4S and lutz hard, yes. I‘m so terrified of RusNats and I only hope that the good competition at Rostelecom gave her lots of confidence and she‘ll be able to just skate her best at Nationals, regardless of the final placement.

Maia96

On the Ice
If it led to her training the 4S and lutz hard, yes. I‘m so terrified of RusNats and I only hope that the good competition at Rostelecom gave her lots of confidence and she‘ll be able to just skate her best at Nationals, regardless of the final placement.

For RusNats I only wish that she keep her confidence, that she skates clean both programs doing her best and that she follow her new training techniques so that what happened to her in the SP of Canada doesn't happen again.

And that she won't fall into the temptation of wanting to beat the 3A because that would be fatal.

This season is crazy. Actually, I'm waiting for the next one to see how it develops.

Vemvane

On the Ice
For RusNats I only wish that she keep her confidence, that she skates clean both programs doing her best and that she follow her new training techniques so that what happened to her in the SP of Canada doesn't happen again.

Seconded. As long as she skates two programmes that she is satisfied with, and continues to use her new technique, I will be very happy. It's about the journey, right now, for me, not the medals. If she is happy when she skates, then I am happy.

Fluture

Record Breaker

And that she won't fall into the temptation of wanting to beat the 3A because that would be fatal.

This season is crazy. Actually, I'm waiting for the next one to see how it develops.

Oh, I agree absolutely! This is what I hope for as well.

ejnsofi

Final Flight
Guys Russia has just been banned for 4 years from all international sport events. It will most likely affect figure skating competitions and Beijing 2022

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Guys Russia has just been banned for 4 years from all international sport events. It will most likely affect figure skating competitions and Beijing 2022

It is the same ban as in PYC. Meaning athletes are allowed to participate but only under a neutral flag and with no anthem.

kahndradra

On the Ice
That ban makes me so frustrated though—not that cheating athletes and officials shouldn’t be punished, but Zhenya worked so hard to let Russian athletes skate in 2018 and was so excited to be at 2020. And then cheaters had to go put all that hard work and dedication to nothing ☹️

Fluture

Record Breaker
What is Zhenya going to do now? Will she still go to the Summer Olympics to support the team?

What a mess... Zhenya gave them her name, she worked so hard to help Russian athletes compete under their flag.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1eNXknIVyk/?igshid=kj2jro4pmpjk

And was so happy when they got their flag back! And now all that hard work was in vain because of the mess that is this cheating system.

Placebo11

On the Ice
What is Zhenya going to do now? Will she still go to the Summer Olympics to support the team?

What a mess... Zhenya gave them her name, she worked so hard to help Russian athletes compete under their flag.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1eNXknIVyk/?igshid=kj2jro4pmpjk

And was so happy when they got their flag back! And now all that hard work was in vain because of the mess that is this cheating system.

I feel so sad for her! :(

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
She‘s the ambassador of the Russian Olympic team for Tokyo... is she going to lose all that now?

Since there won't be a Russian team in the 2020 Olympics, most likely no ambassador in official capacity either, what's the purpose?

AudreyElise

Rinkside
I agree with everyone that this season has been insane and, like all of you, my anxiety about Russian Nats is through the roof. But, in a way, the results at the GPF gave me hope for Zhenya. Aleona came in first without a single quad - proof that it is possible to beat the quad kids with no quads :)