Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1181 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

What are your hopes for Evgenia this upcoming season?

During her whole senior international career, she has only finished off-podium one time. I hope it will stay at 1! Maybe 3 max. I think she can do it. I always believed she could medal at Worlds this past season when many didn't. I also would love for her to go to Worlds again. I don't know if it will be possible, but I have hopes.

Also, do you think RusFed will start sending a different team to Euros and Worlds every year to give more girls opportunities? I know they did that this past year and Japan has been doing that, such as giving Mai opportunities to go to 4CC even if she didn't make the World team.

Placebo11

On the Ice

During her whole senior international career, she has only finished off-podium one time. I hope it will stay at 1! Maybe 3 max. I think she can do it. I always believed she could medal at Worlds this past season when many didn't. I also would love for her to go to Worlds again. I don't know if it will be possible, but I have hopes.

Also, do you think RusFed will start sending a different team to Euros and Worlds every year to give more girls opportunities? I know they did that this past year and Japan has been doing that, such as giving Mai opportunities to go to 4CC even if she didn't make the World team.

I think the Russian Fed makes their decision based on the results.

Although I'm sure that Zhenya will be much stronger than last season I think it will be almost impossible to make it to the top 3 at the Nationals. Sorry, but I'm always pessimistic. And of course I hope I'm wrong. I'd be devastated if she didn't make it to the Worlds especially since they will take place in Montreal.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

I think that Evgenia has had the most productive off season. I think she will be ready. Competition is intense, but she knows this.

I'm hopeful for Worlds. And the depth of the ladies field, I think Russian Cup final could come into play.

NoviceFan

Triple Something-Triple Looping
Medalist
I’m very optimistic about this season :)

How lucky are we, we get to see her skate again, soon!!!!

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Do you think Zhenya will stay in Russia after that until the Test Skates? Maybe she will work with Averbukh on her Short again.

DeeDee18

On the Ice
well I guess that also means that Zhenya will be going to Billie Eilish concert next week too? :laugh::laugh:

But all jokes aside, that's pretty massive to have a press conference with Russian Olympic Committee president. Must be a big announcement if they're using her this early in the year?? I wonder if they're gonna push her to the Russian Olympic Committee later in her sports career, I mean, she has lots of international colleagues now after training abroad.

Placebo11

On the Ice
Do you think Zhenya will stay in Russia after that until the Test Skates? Maybe she will work with Averbukh on her Short again.

This would make sense!
And I agree that its pretty big to have press conference with the president of the Olympic committee. I can't wait!!

Watch

Final Flight

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
No matter of the season's outcome, I'm so looking forward to enjoying Zhenya skating :dance:

NoviceFan

Triple Something-Triple Looping
Medalist
Zhenya makes for a great ambassador for Russian sports - accomplished, clean, has international reach, smart, articulate and can think on her feet. I am not surprised at all that they want her to take part in that press conference with the president of the Russian OC.

She might train at CSKA, as she did previously; work with Averbukh on polishing her SP, then Brian will follow for the test skates. What are the chances that SLB will also be with Zhenya (last year, D. Wilson came)?

EDIT: had to post this translation of the first part of the article announcing the press conference

“On August 27 at 11:00 a.m. at the International Multimedia Press Center of MIA "Russia Today" a press conference will be held between the President of the Russian Olympic Committee Stanislav Pozdnyakova and two-time Olympic figure skating silver medalist Evgenia IT'S A BEAR.”

:laugh:

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Zhenya makes for a great ambassador for Russian sports - accomplished, clean, has international reach, smart, articulate and can think on her feet. I am not surprised at all that they want her to take part in that press conference with the president of the Russian OC.

She might train at CSKA, as she did previously; work with Averbukh on polishing her SP, then Brian will follow for the test skates. What are the chances that SLB will also be with Zhenya (last year, D. Wilson came)?

I am already looking forward to see Averbukh at the boards, Shae-Lynne would be amazing. :biggrin:

Arbitrary

Medalist
Regarding the press conference for MED and Pozdnyakov:

I don't like it. It may mean really bad things. Like moving to some admin position, no more competing.