Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1405 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

Fluture

Record Breaker
https://www.instagram.com/p/B7kxxyuIGHk/?igshid=10sq1qssj318f

Translation of Brian‘s interview. Tbh, I‘m a bit worried. There seems to be some sort of miscommunication. Zhenya clearly said we’d next see her at the test skates while Brian believes she‘ll still compete this season. Why haven‘t they spoken to each other yet, discussed the plans? It‘s been a while since Nationals. Maybe I‘m worrying too much but imo, it‘s definitely a bit weird.

Anyway, I‘d love to see her compete again. It‘s such a shame there‘s neither Universiade nor WTT this season but there are some senior B‘s in spring she could go to. Her programs are beautiful and I really want to see Memoirs of a Geisha again.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
https://www.instagram.com/p/B7kxxyuIGHk/?igshid=10sq1qssj318f

Translation of Brian‘s interview. Tbh, I‘m a bit worried. There seems to be some sort of miscommunication. Zhenya clearly said we’d next see her at the test skates while Brian believes she‘ll still compete this season. Why haven‘t they spoken to each other yet, discussed the plans? It‘s been a while since Nationals. Maybe I‘m worrying too much but imo, it‘s definitely a bit weird.

Anyway, I‘d love to see her compete again. It‘s such a shame there‘s neither Universiade nor WTT this season but there are some senior B‘s in spring she could go to. Her programs are beautiful and I really want to see Memoirs of a Geisha again.

I'm worried too. There has not been any posts that she is training at CSKA.

Fluture

Record Breaker
I'm worried too. There has not been any posts that she is training at CSKA.

Exactly. Last season when she stayed in Russia after the Nationals it was obvious that she was training at CSKA. I mean, I‘m happy for her that she’s meeting all her friends in Russia and she definitely deserves it but it is keeping me worried.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
We might be just over thinking it. Last year she knew she was going to RCF, so she had to train in January.
She has worked or trained non stop for over 18 months. She did the Wizard of Oz, basically off the plane from Nationals. She is also working on her merchandise website . So maybe she is using this month to get some much needed R and R.
Plus I'm sure she gets homesick and this month is the cure for it.
:)

Znowflake

On the Ice
I kind of have been wondering re training since it doesnt seem like shes been back to train.. i hope she goes back soon and competes again! It seems like shes been signing up for so many shows/training others etc

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
She didn't say a definite "I'm not competing until test skates". She said she might, but she's not sure. :)

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What are your favorite performances this season of her short and long?

My favorite short is ACI and my favorite long is Rostelcom.

Vandevska

Medalist
What are your favorite performances this season of her short and long?

My favorite short is ACI and my favorite long is Rostelcom.
Both sp and fs from Rostelecom. Her jumps were really stable, and the performances were very strong overall.

Maia96

On the Ice
About Orser's statements I will say that I'm not worried about it.
Last year was different. In RCF Zhenya had the chance to get a spot to compete in Worlds and she did it. This year has no sense compete in RCF because none spot to compete in Worlds will define there. It's clear that the same girls who compete in Euros will compete in Worlds.

The situation of the broken boot, the treatment given to the matter and having to withdraw from the RusNats must have been a strong blow to her. More taking into account that she had prepared so well and that seeing the results she could has got the third place perfectly and made the national team. She surely need time to recover from that. Also last season she didn't go holidays like almost everyone because she only worked. So this seems to be a good time for her to recover from what happened and take a rest and what better way to do it in Russia where her family and friends are, whom she surely misses.

Maybe in the next off season she doesn't go holidays like the others because she thinks she will works like last year. We have already discussed here that Zhenya's situation has changed, that today she depends mainly on herself and therefore it's obvious that she has to work more than before. Who knows what funding she will get from RusFed next season.

We also don't know if she wants to compete in B events. And in my opinion I don't think she and Orser haven't talked about the next plans. Maybe they just don't want to tell the press. We already know how the Russian press like to distort things. And if they don't want to tell their plans they are in full right.

Coryocris

Praise our Little Bear
On the Ice
Country
Germany
About Orser's statements I will say that I'm not worried about it.
Last year was different. In RCF Zhenya had the chance to get a spot to compete in Worlds and she did it. This year has no sense compete in RCF because none spot to compete in Worlds will define there. It's clear that the same girls who compete in Euros will compete in Worlds.

The situation of the broken boot, the treatment given to the matter and having to withdraw from the RusNats must have been a strong blow to her. More taking into account that she had prepared so well and that seeing the results she could has got the third place perfectly and made the national team. She surely need time to recover from that. Also last season she didn't go holidays like almost everyone because she only worked. So this seems to be a good time for her to recover from what happened and take a rest and what better way to do it in Russia where her family and friends are, whom she surely misses.

Maybe in the next off season she doesn't go holidays like the others because she thinks she will works like last year. We have already discussed here that Zhenya's situation has changed, that today she depends mainly on herself and therefore it's obvious that she has to work more than before. Who knows what funding she will get from RusFed next season.

We also don't know if she wants to compete in B events. And in my opinion I don't think she and Orser haven't talked about the next plans. Maybe they just don't want to tell the press. We already know how the Russian press like to distort things. And if they don't want to tell their plans they are in full right.

Agreed! She needs this rest to get stronger mentally and physically. Now it's the perfect time, no competitions in sight and all the off-season to work on components and new programs. Only 9 months remain.

Rexarcadia

On the Ice
My Zhenya merch arrived today! :yahoo:

I ordered it exactly one month ago and it finally made it to the US lol. I got the blue phone case and it's beautiful and I love it :luv17:

I hope she continues to expand her catalog!

Vandevska

Medalist

I ordered it exactly one month ago and it finally made it to the US lol. I got the blue phone case and it's beautiful and I love it :luv17:

That's great! Enjoy it! ^^

vixen0089

On the Ice

You’re so lucky! I ordered mine over a month ago and I live in Europe. I contacted them a couple of times via WhatsApp and they wrote me back yesterday that it has been shipped, but I still haven’t received and email with a tracking number [emoji22] I hope I will get it soon...

Vemvane

On the Ice

Hooray! How cool to have one of her phone cases. Even better, it's a nice piece of tangible proof that you're supporting her in her new endeavours.

You’re so lucky! I ordered mine over a month ago and I live in Europe. I contacted them a couple of times via WhatsApp and they wrote me back yesterday that it has been shipped, but I still haven’t received and email with a tracking number [emoji22] I hope I will get it soon...

Oh, that sucks. Perhaps email them again and ask for the tracking number, just to make sure. Fingers crossed it arrives soon.

Fluture

Record Breaker
They showed a snippet of Zhenya‘s Worlds FS during a trailer at Euros. Why did you do that to me... :(

vixen0089

On the Ice
Hooray! How cool to have one of her phone cases. Even better, it's a nice piece of tangible proof that you're supporting her in her new endeavours.

Oh, that sucks. Perhaps email them again and ask for the tracking number, just to make sure. Fingers crossed it arrives soon.
Thank you! I hope so too, I can’t wait :D

I'm sorry to hear that, I hope you recieve it soon too!
Thank you :)

They showed a snippet of Zhenya‘s Worlds FS during a trailer at Euros. Why did you do that to me... :(
Oh no :( It must have been difficult to watch when you had hope to see her live... But I’m sure you will still have a wonderful time in Graz! Give us your thoughts afterwards :)

Vandevska

Medalist
Uf that must've felt so bittersweet! Hold strong! Hopefully seeing Aliona will heal the broken heart. [emoji813]