Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1359 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

Maia96

On the Ice
I think our friends from RLT will now, once and for all, stop questioning Zhenya’s funding as a member of the National Team. I mean, another skater will continue to receive funding even while on an indefinite hiatus from competition, so it seems preposterous to question funding given to one who is actively competing.

At last, no more posts about someone’s grandmother’s pension being undercut by Zhenya’s funding as a member of the National Team! Rejoice, Zhenya fans! :yahoo:

And more considering that Zhenya even being a member of the national team and competing solves many of her expenses (including coaches and ice that is the most expensive) of her own money.

Rexarcadia

On the Ice
Rest of Russian FS: in complete meltdown as adults attack each other like schoolchildren on social media

Zhenya: posting cute art on her IG stories :laugh:

Aichwan

Rinkside
Rest of Russian FS: in complete meltdown as adults attack each other like schoolchildren on social media

Zhenya: posting cute art on her IG stories :laugh:

Bless her lol.
I hope all this negativity being spewed falls on deaf ears. I'm glad she trains in Toronto and at least is physically removed from all this ridiculous drama.

Greengemmonster

On the Ice
I'm really not surprised Zhenya can draw and design dresses as well. I've been studying gifted children/adults and a lot of them are quite incredible in their abilities.

Aichwan

Rinkside
Saw this tweet by figure skating analyst Jackie Wong (@rockerskating) and tought it very important message w everything that is happening rn:

"Reflecting on all the news over the past week, I go back to the fundamental fact that skaters are not pawns in some game - they are people.

Coaches, commentators, fans: treat them like you want to be treated. And skaters: know that there’s a support system to help you speak up."

Scott512

Record Breaker
I’m so relieved that Plushenko didn’t mention Evgenia in his very wordy response. As usual it is adults doing the most when skaters know that drama benefits no one.

Alina mentioned that she trained from 6am to 9pm. I can only imagine the struggle for Evgenia to adapt to trying to train quality over quantity, knowing what 3A are capable of. I said this about Marin but I think it definitely applies to Evgenia too: When you face setbacks it is always little by little that you fight your way back. Doesn’t always mean it’s back to what you were, just back to a place where you’re content. No matter what, Zhenya chose to fight for her career, for her passion.

Last year was rough in many ways, but with all of the drama I think, honestly, that last year was a gift. Because she is still skating through the rough times, because she is healthier and happier.
your first paragraph says it all. Truth. Her second and third paragraphs was good too but your first one says it all.

AMEN!
I hope they stop questioning everything that is related to her.
Zhenya has been put into such a horrible situation with all the gossip and bad propaganda she received after the Olympics. Its just godamn awful.
So sick and tired of all this negativity. I just want to watch some talented athletes do their thing, is that too much to ask? :(
unfortunately it seems to be too much to ask.

Zhenya Medvedeva and Tadpole: bringing peace to FS since 2019

https://twitter.com/medvedevanation/status/1206258726941941760

(It’s so cute ❤️)
r
That is amazing. I hope his name is Tad. ;)

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker

Tell him to bring his warmest duffel coat for it will be very cold, -30 and lower. The ice rink is much warmer than out in the street. That's one of the perils to host a tournament deep in Siberia in winter.

Nice to see all these designs and art. Seems Yevgeniya spends her free time productive and creative, which of course is also relaxing. And she is not shy to share with the world.