Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1183 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

esteticlove

Final Flight
I've been absent for some time and so much new stuff has happened. So, she's doing ACI and Shanghai Trophy? No Nebelhorn? Well, I guess I am kind of relieved to not be spending the money I don't have to go to Obertsdorf. :biggrin:

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
New interview by TAT:
-The same, probably, can be said about Evgenia Medvedeva? (not being able to get into the national team since she doesn't have quads or triple axel)

- Does not lose. I don’t know if she will learn the Lutz-loop, but this is not too important: she makes Salchow-loop, and does it very well. It’s a pity that she didn’t jump it at the Olympics. “She, as far as I know, wanted to.” Yes, I know that too. But she obeyed what was written to her. Of course, on an injured leg, this would be a risk, perhaps unjustified. Plus, the spine was still very out of order, speaking between us. Such nonsense, right? Now I see that Medvedeva has become even better in skating. I saw how she works with Brian Orser, how she worked alone when she came to Moscow. But she needs to cut it off with amateur performances in exhibitions, in my opinion. I know that Zhenya choreographed her ex numbers for herself, and that’s no good. Each ex number should open something in you. It must surprise you with something: a concept, new elements, new approaches, new choreography, in the end.
Source

Fluture

Record Breaker
So now you have to win the exhibitions too? I thought they were a place to have fun and try out new things?

I'm a bit confused by this.

I’m confused too! On one hand she is singing Evgenia’s praises and seems to be speaking of her nerves of steel and epic come back at worlds. But then she calls her out for amateur performances whilst making some money? I’m not quite sure what she was trying to get across here, maybe something has been lost in translation?

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
I think that is just TAT being TAT. A little compliment here, a little criticism there. Her and Averbukh always give me whiplash with their interviews.

esteticlove

Final Flight
She's just saying that Zhenya needs to show some changes/new elements/spins in her exhibitions because most of them are very similar. I think it's a good advice, but it shouldn't be her main priority right now.

Watch

Final Flight
I think that is just TAT being TAT. A little compliment here, a little criticism there. Her and Averbukh always give me whiplash with their interviews.

Yeah, that's just usual TAT. Not sure why she'd be against skaters choreographing exhibitions for themselves, but if she holds an opinion she'll express it... strongly :laugh:

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
I love seeing zhenya choreograpging for herself at least for an ex. I loved experience and beautiful mess. I do not want her to stop trying to choreograph something and also unlocking other talents such as this

thatbeatingheart

On the Ice
Country
Germany
I've been absent for some time and so much new stuff has happened. So, she's doing ACI and Shanghai Trophy? No Nebelhorn? Well, I guess I am kind of relieved to not be spending the money I don't have to go to Obertsdorf. :biggrin:

Same here, I already did the maths just in case but my bank account would've said no, no, no. :laugh:

New interview by TAT:

Source

I guess I can live with the core of the statement about her exhibitions but she really could've worded it differently. Apart from that, how does TAT know that the performances don't help Zhenya grow as a skater?

bubblecherry

Final Flight
I don't think it's a big deal. Let's be real, we shouldn't be surprised if Zhenya's exhibition don't appeal to older, more traditional skating people. On the other hand, many people love her exhibitions and she even attracts new fans because of them :)

Placebo11

On the Ice
Same here, I already did the maths just in case but my bank account would've said no, no, no. :laugh:

I guess I can live with the core of the statement about her exhibitions but she really could've worded it differently. Apart from that, how does TAT know that the performances don't help Zhenya grow as a skater?

Because she's TAT! :laugh: :laugh:

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yeah, that's just usual TAT. Not sure why she'd be against skaters choreographing exhibitions for themselves, but if she holds an opinion she'll express it... strongly :laugh:

And I love Experience and Beautiful Mess. They are iconic.

ElvieHope

Rinkside
I think the TAT hints to Evgenia to turn to choreography professionals (TAT). Zhenya, if it’s not difficult for you, turn to the TAT for choreography for the exhibition, respect our grandmother) :biggrin:

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
I think the TAT hints to Evgenia to turn to choreography professionals (TAT). Zhenya, if it’s not difficult for you, turn to the TAT for choreography for the exhibition, respect our grandmother) :biggrin:
You saw right through TAT :biggrin: If TAT gave Zhenya a program I would die. TAT's step sequences for Mao were always amazing