Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1467 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wouldn't mind if Zhenya skipped Autumn Classics, because I am so not ready to wake up at 3AM again because of the time difference haha. Also would not miss the weird camera angles and atmosphere from ACI. I prefer small crowds at Challengers.
Would love if Zhenya went to Nebelhorn this year (if it still takes place. It's possible since small concerts with small crowds etc. are allowed again here (Nebelhorn's crowd is always small/moderate) and big concerts/gatherings could be allowed again at the end of October here, depending on how things develop).

I'd love Nebelhorn. I'd like her to go to every challenger and every Grand Prix. On Grand Prix she is only missing China. The challengers are most of them. And she has never done any of the Senior B's. So hopefully a few of them too.

Maia96

On the Ice
https://www.instagram.com/p/BxSbPPyHIDd/?igshid=1wzniy6nq75il

Bringing this back because it‘s just too glorious. Love Javi‘s comment too. :laugh:

Also, re test skates and Autumn Classics. I wouldn‘t mind her skipping test skates, the fabricated drama and rivalries are just so tiring and last year felt like a screaming match instead of a figure skating event. And I really want her to finally win Gold at ACI. But test skates apparently hold so much importance in Russia so she should probably attend. Best not to anger RusFed...

Thanks Fluture for bringing this video here. I had already seen it but I love to see that moment again. Zhenya was very motivated at the time and Javi's comment is very nice.

About the test skates I have thought that Zhenya already has her programs for this season. Perhaps an option would be to show them to RusFed before the other skaters in the case that she could return to Canada before September. So she would perform the test skates and in the case that there is Autumn Classic she can compete if it's what she wants.

By the way I would also like to see her winning ACI. Although I would like more SK. :laugh: Although she probably has at least the same heavyweight opponent from the previous season in both events now with her same coach.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Someone posted in the RLT that RusFed already informed their skaters that there might not be an international season at all. And if that‘s the case, they‘ll try to substitute the GP series with internal competitions such as the Russian Cup. I wonder if it even makes sense for Zhenya to go back to Canada then. Because if there really is no international season, she‘d have to stay in Russia and attend the competitions with Buyanova, as I doubt Brian or Tracy would be able to come to Russia and stay there for an indefinite period of time. :think:

If that's an accurate report on a lot of internal competitions in Russia if the season flames out then Zhenya would be playing Russian roulette if you will flying back and forth from Russia to Canada. I think one trip from Russia to Canada and then back to Russia for competitions would be okay. But no one knows when Canada will open its borders for international flights. The risky part is of course if Zhenyia goes to Toronto and then the pandemic picks up again and then she gets stuck there and can't even compete at internal competitions in Russia that would be terrible. That is a possible scenario although unlikely. I'm sure she will go with her gut instinct and do what her heart wants. On a side note it's just upsetting to think we're not going to have a normal season and maybe not even another Euros or World Championship unless the coronavirus really takes a hike and goes away.

bubblecherry

Final Flight
I'm happy all of the facilities Zhenya needs should be available to her at CSKA. She will be in good company and its a much better arrangement than just (possibly?) having some icetime at a random rink in Japan. It's not ideal, but these are crazy times. I hope Zhenya can get comfortable with such arrangement, as it might be best for her to stay in Russia for a few months.

Scott512

Record Breaker
I'm happy all of the facilities Zhenya needs should be available to her at CSKA. She will be in good company and its a much better arrangement than just (possibly?) having some icetime at a random rink in Japan. It's not ideal, but these are crazy times. I hope Zhenya can get comfortable with such arrangement, as it might be best for her to stay in Russia for a few months.

I think a lot of people are leaning in the direction of her staying in Russia for a few months. If she went back to Toronto for a month to work with her coaches and then the pandemic hit hard again she would not be able to leave. I doubt Zhenya wants to risk him going through that again.

bubblecherry

Final Flight
I think a lot of people are leaning in the direction of her staying in Russia for a few months. If she went back to Toronto for a month to work with her coaches and then the pandemic hit hard again she would not be able to leave. I doubt Zhenya wants to risk him going through that again.

We should all remember she spent about a month training at CSKA in January 2019 away from her coaches and training base. Two months later, she was able to show her best performance of the season and win Worlds Bronze. Of course, it's not an ideal situation, but it can definitely work. It has before.

Scott512

Record Breaker
We should all remember she spent about a month training at CSKA in January 2019 away from her coaches and training base. Two months later, she was able to show her best performance of the season and win Worlds Bronze. Of course, it's not an ideal situation, but it can definitely work. It has before.

Absolutley a can work out for her. But these circumstances of Life are just hard for everyone to deal with especially a top athlete like Zhenya. .