Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1355 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

skatingfan200

Medalist
No, I don’t have a link. A lot of NBC commentary is blocked on youtube in the US, so I don’t have a link. The only reason that I saw it was because my family bought the Olympic Channel.

But I can try to recite everything that I remember. So Alina was skating and Tara, Johnny, and Terry were talking about how just the one mistake on the opening combination gave her no chance of being on the podium even if the rest of her program was clean. Then they talked about how the 3A are pushing the other Russian ladies to learn quads and used Liza’s quad toe as an example. Then I think Terry said that he wouldn’t want to be a ladies skater in Russia because the competition is so intense. Then Johnny said that he recently got a call from one of the Russian ladies and during the call she said that the 3A will be sent to worlds and that she doesn’t know what to do with herself because even if she did a clean program it would not be enough to beat the 3A for a worlds spot. Then I think that Alina’s scores were being announced so they stopped their conversation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9Xgd53wbw0
Sry, but they do not say it.

Thomasew

Rinkside
Really? We must have watched different commentaries because I am 100% positive that Johnny said that

Johnny did say that, .. but, it was just after Anna's skate (kiss and cry), .. not Alina's.

He also doesn't specifically say it was a Russian Skater that called him, .. just that it was a skater that competes at a very high level.

.. although, I guess, one could say that he implied as such .. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oMCQ2VMA8k .. it's at the 6:10 mark

Scott512

Record Breaker
I hope the Russian authorities warned her that the doping story could go on before she agreed for the ambassodor job. Otherwise, not nice.
I don't think the Russian authorities would have done the right thing for Evgenia.

I think she will still go. Didn't Rita Mamun go to Pyeongchang even though her official role there was canceled since Russia did not officially have a team?
Can she be the OAR ambassador? I'm not sure she would want that. I am so sorry for all the clean athletes like Zhenya who have to put up with the crooks and lunatics running Russian sports for many years running it into the goddamn ground.

I agree. :agree: I just want to see her skate. Plus after Nationals is Wizard of Oz. I cannot wait. :dbana:
it should be exhilarating exciting and fascinating.

silveruskate

On the Ice
All Russian skaters aside from the 3A must be thinking that at times. They're competitors in the end, so even if it isn't Zhenya that said it to Johnny it doesn't make a difference to me really. It's so understandable. But this isn't new so I'm sure Brian and Tracy will have it in their mind too and know how to react.

Artemisa

Final Flight
I don't think what jonnhy said has any relevance ... everybody knows that 3A is a threat for everyone ... I don't think zhenya would speak about that... think she needs to focus on her health, skating cleaning clean and learning a 4 ...and don't give up.

Aichwan

Rinkside
OMG that situation bwtween Evgenia and Liza is just so sad! :(

For those who don't know, a video was posted to Liza T. official youtube saying really hurtful things about Zhenya. The video implied that the RFed favors her and doesn't support other more "talented" skaters (Eteri girls and Liza).
Liza posted an IG video apologizing about the video (it's been deleted btw). She clarified she had nothing to do with it, and, that it was posted by her ex-agent that she fired a few months ago for stealing money from her.
Apparently, this agent has been trying to blackmail Liza and threatening to destroy her career.

Evgenia commented on Liza's apology supporting her and asking people not to say anything mean to her (I don't speak russian, so it pure google translate).

So sad that these girl have to deal with this sort of made up drama...:palmf:

sk8kirsty

On the Ice

For those who don't know, a video was posted to Liza T. official youtube saying really hurtful things about Zhenya. The video implied that the RFed favors her and doesn't support other more "talented" skaters (Eteri girls and Liza).
Liza posted an IG video apologizing about the video (it's been deleted btw). She clarified she had nothing to do with it, and, that it was posted by her ex-agent that she fired a few months ago for stealing money from her.
Apparently, this agent has been trying to blackmail Liza and threatening to destroy her career.

Evgenia commented on Liza's apology supporting her and asking people not to say anything mean to her (I don't speak russian, so it pure google translate).

Oh no!! I wasn't even aware that this had happened!! I feel so bad for both of them [emoji24][emoji174] They are both incredible skaters and incredible people and I hate to see them upset or caught up in drama [emoji24]
Liza's agent seems so mean [emoji37]
I hope this situation can get solved!
I will pray for them both [emoji173]

vixen0089

On the Ice

But did she in fact say those things in the video? Or was it someone else but it was just posted on her official channel? If the latter, it’s just very, very mean...
From what you’re writing (I don’t speak Russian, either) the reaction from Zhenya shows once again what an incredible person she is ❤️
Being a part of a professional figure ice skating world is not easy I have to say...

Aichwan

Rinkside
But did she in fact say those things in the video? Or was it someone else but it was just posted on her official channel? If the latter, it’s just very, very mean...
From what you’re writing (I don’t speak Russian, either) the reaction from Zhenya shows once again what an incredible person she is ❤️
Being a part of a professional figure ice skating world is not easy I have to say...

As far as I know, the video did not show Liza uttering those words. It was just text and footage of the skaters.
So Liza's argument about this video not coming from her is believable.
Poor Zhenya, idk why ppl insist on coming for her. This is also very unfortunate, for Liza. They don't deserve this.

vixen0089

On the Ice
As far as I know, the video did not show Liza uttering those words. It was just text and footage of the skaters.
So Liza's argument about this video not coming from her is believable.
Poor Zhenya, idk why ppl insist on coming for her. This is also very unfortunate, for Liza. They don't deserve this.

I see, that makes it very bad for both of them... I hope it won’t affect any of them. I can’t imagine how Zhenya must feel reading things like that [emoji26]