Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1464 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
I agree with you. There is no sense in staying in Japan when she doesn't know when the Canadian borders will open. In addition to the expenses of her department in Canada, probably in Japan she has to spend money on ice, accommodation and other things and in Russia she has all that for free.

It isn't even known if there will be a season this year and at this time I don't think there will be a GP season. It seems unlikely. I regret that she cannot train with her team because she has already said that training without them is difficult for her. But there isn't other solution.

I hope that being with her family and maybe seeing her friends will be good for her.

Do you know where she will train? I guess she won't go to Kislovodsk like the entire Russian team.

By the way Katia Kurakova is training in Russia. Do you know where she trains? I wish they could train together so Zhenya would have a teammate.
RusFed said they are still deciding where Zhenya can train, if she will go to Novorgorsk or not.. CSKA would also be an option or Plushenko's rink.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I agree with you. There is no sense in staying in Japan when she doesn't know when the Canadian borders will open. In addition to the expenses of her department in Canada, probably in Japan she has to spend money on ice, accommodation and other things and in Russia she has all that for free.

It isn't even known if there will be a season this year and at this time I don't think there will be a GP season. It seems unlikely. I regret that she cannot train with her team because she has already said that training without them is difficult for her. But there isn't other solution.

I hope that being with her family and maybe seeing her friends will be good for her.

Do you know where she will train? I guess she won't go to Kislovodsk like the entire Russian team.

By the way Katia Kurakova is training in Russia. Do you know where she trains? I wish they could train together so Zhenya would have a teammate.

Katia is training in Poland. It has not been announced where she will train in Russia as of yet. But monetarily it is best that she is in Russia.

Maia96

On the Ice
Katia is training in Poland. It has not been announced where she will train in Russia as of yet. But monetarily it is best that she is in Russia.

Oh I didn't know that she's already in Poland. I thought she was still in Russia. :laugh:

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Do y'all think Zhenya will just train at CSKA? Is it open?

I don't know if it's open yet, but Plushenko's rink is. She's friendly with Stanislava so I don't think it would be bad if she skated there. We should know soon, once her quarantine is up.

Maia96

On the Ice
RusFed said they are still deciding where Zhenya can train, if she will go to Novorgorsk or not.. CSKA would also be an option or Plushenko's rink.

Apparently in Novorgorsk will train only until July 20. After that date everyone is supposed to return to their training bases. I don't know how long Zhenya has been in quarantine. But if she arrived in Moscow a few days ago it wouldn't make much sense to make her go to Novorgorsk for such a short time. Hopefully she can start training directly at CSKA.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I don't know if it's open yet, but Plushenko's rink is. She's friendly with Stanislava so I don't think it would be bad if she skated there. We should know soon, once her quarantine is up.

Plushenko's rink is open for 8 days. Volkov's team is training there.

Scott512

Record Breaker
"We will continue cooperation. Canadian borders remain closed for now. Zhenya plans to return when she has this opportunity, "said Orser.
From TASS

Canadian borders are going to be closed for the foreseeable future to protect their citizens as every country should be doing. Canadian borders may be closed for many months. If that's the case what is Zhenya going to do? To be honest at this stage she can pretty much coach herself.

Fluture

Record Breaker
https://instagram.com/stories/jmedv...ource=ig_story_item_share&igshid=8jst0uxodv3f

Happy Canada day! Love that picture! :luv17:

On a different note, I’m so worried Zhenya‘s in Russia/Moscow now. It‘s such a hotspot.. I wish she‘d managed to get back to Canada but with the extended travel ban it’s even more unlikely now. Maybe I‘ll be more calm when I hear of her ice time arrangement. I wonder where she will go... Novogorsk probably not, CSKA is probably not open yet and I doubt Plushenko‘s group would share their ice time with someone who‘s not even from the academy. Hopefully the fed figures something out. She‘s in the National team, so theoretically they should but considering they didn‘t even manage to help her get fitting boots at RusNats last season... Also, she would have to train herself, that’s a major disadvantage. Well, I hope we‘ll hear from Zhenya soon, this off-season has been wild so far..

Also, RLT is full of retirement talk again. That‘s nothing new but Zhenya‘s last interview did make her seem less motivated. I hoped being back at TCC with her coaches would help her get back on track mentally but now.. She‘s in a difficult situation at the moment. I just hope she doesn‘t consider retiring as, even without a quad, she still has lots to give to the sport.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
https://instagram.com/stories/jmedv...ource=ig_story_item_share&igshid=8jst0uxodv3f

Also, RLT is full of retirement talk again. That‘s nothing new but Zhenya‘s last interview did make her seem less motivated. I hoped being back at TCC with her coaches would help her get back on track mentally but now.. She‘s in a difficult situation right now. I just hope she doesn‘t consider retiring now as, even without a quad, she still has lots to give to the sport.

Zhenya said several times the past few months that she is sick and tired of everyone asking her about the Quads, she said back then that she is working on it and will keep working in it but does not want to give anymore information on the progress to the press, she wants to keep that to herself. To me the new interview emphasized that, she did not reveal anything significant in that interview, not what her plans are and not how far the progress is. She also did not say that she is giving up, she just said that it is more difficult for the adult body.
Also considering that every translation I have found so far was made through google translate and said different things each time I don't put much faith in those.
She said at the end that she will keep on fighting and always fights to win. How people translate that into giving up is beyond my imagination.

Fluture

Record Breaker
I doubt that the RusFed will help her. They don't care about her any more. :( (

They said they‘re searching for a solution, so I think they will. She‘s a member of the national team, it would reflect poorly on them, if they didn‘t. So, I‘m pretty sure she‘s going to get ice time eventually. I just don‘t know whether the conditions will be the best.

Zhenya said several times the past few months that she is sick and tired of everyone asking her about the Quads, she said back then that she is working on it and will keep working in it but does not want to give anymore information on the progress to the press, she wants to keep that to herself. To me the new interview emphasized that, she did not reveal anything significant in that interview, not what her plans are and not how far the progress is. She also did not say that she is giving up, she just said that it is more difficult for the adult body.
Also considering that every translation I have found so far was made through google translate and said different things each time I don't put much faith in those.
She said at the end that she will keep on fighting and always fights to win. How people translate that into giving up is beyond my imagination.

Huh? I didn‘t say she‘s giving up, just that she seems less motivated and without competitions for months (which is what we’re looking at, realistically) nor her being with her coaches, this can make things worse. I read the translation from MedvedevaNation - whom I trust - and some of the things there, including what she said about the quad and not having plans for the Olympics, seemed pretty obvious to me. Maybe it isn‘t, maybe I‘m wrong and she‘s as motivated as ever before. But given the hell she went through the last two years, would it be that outrageous if she started to question things now? She‘s only human and she‘s been without her coaches for a while now. Mental support is part of a coach‘s work, which is why I‘m worried.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I hope when Zhenya is out of quarantine that she posts a picture at whatever rink she is at or Team Moonbear does. She's been gone from Moscow for 5 months. I'm sure she is happy to be home. She really enjoyed training at CKSA, she has friends there and her first coach. I'm sure Plushenko would let her train at his rink, good publicity.
She has her programs and maybe her dresses or better yet Olga to design a new dress for her.
Nobody knows how this figure skating season will go, she didn't get to do shows this summer. It's been very hard on her, as well as other skaters.
So it would be weird if she was all bubbly right now.
We as fans just need to let her know that we believe in her.
Zhenya, I have total faith in you.

Maia96

On the Ice
Seeing how things have gotten complicated, I think Zhenya's agent should have been more efficient. That the border of Japan went to close, when the Olympic Games had already been canceled, should have made him see how the panorama was coming and try to arrange with the organizers of the show because at that date almost everyone realized that it wouldn't be done. Go to know what type of contract made him sign her so that she was in the middle of that situation. Now only for a difference of two weeks she finds herself in this situation that is more complicated than at the beginning. Because whenever Canada opens its borders, and when Russia opens its borders that it isn't known when, Canada can put restrictions on the entry of Russian citizens as most of the countries of the European Union have done.

I think Asians will get to TCC first. But Zhenya and Jason last. It's very difficult for them because their countries have a high number of cases of covid and there are many countries that don't allow the entry of Russians and Americans for that reason.

It's clear that returning to Russia wasn't an option that Zhenya managed. But Japan's visa lasts 90 days and if she arrived in Japan on April 2, she could no longer stay there. When Canada didn't open its borders, the only option was to go to Russia. And now she's worse than at the beginning because she doesn't know when she will be able to leave Russia and when she will be able to enter Canada. In addition to her training in Russia. Not only because of the place where she will train, but because she doesn't have her coaches which is difficult for her as she has already said. In addition, that by having her programs she's losing an ideal time to work on improving her technology that she could do at TCC. But we'll surely have images of her training. Just what she doesn't like according to what she said a few days ago in an interview. I hope they leave her alone and we don't have to see images of her every day as they do with others skaters. That seems like more a reality than a training.

It would be better if she could leave Russia before the Test Skates in September. Last year everyone beat her for her falls and she had only trained 3 weeks alone in Russia. So if she goes to the Test Skates having trained alone for 6 months, I don't want to imagine what can happen.

I wouldn't miss anything if she is angry and discouraged. I just want her to stay healthy, quiet, motivated and she could return to Canada soon.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
They said they‘re searching for a solution, so I think they will. She‘s a member of the national team, it would reflect poorly on them, if they didn‘t. So, I‘m pretty sure she‘s going to get ice time eventually. I just don‘t know whether the conditions will be the best.

Huh? I didn‘t say she‘s giving up, just that she seems less motivated and without competitions for months (which is what we’re looking at, realistically) nor her being with her coaches, this can make things worse. I read the translation from MedvedevaNation - whom I trust - and some of the things there, including what she said about the quad and not having plans for the Olympics, seemed pretty obvious to me. Maybe it isn‘t, maybe I‘m wrong and she‘s as motivated as ever before. But given the hell she went through the last two years, would it be that outrageous if she started to question things now? She‘s only human and she‘s been without her coaches for a while now. Mental support is part of a coach‘s work, which is why I‘m worried.

Sorry, this was not meant as a direct response to you, just my general thought on the things I read the past few days.

Maia96

On the Ice
Well it seems that I was wrong in my previous post. Jason managed to get into Canada, no idea which way if the border is closed. I'm happy for him. I just hope Zhenya gets there as soon as possible. :pray:

Vemvane

On the Ice
According to Tracy they expect Zhenya back at the end of July. Keeping my fingers crossed.
https://twitter.com/MedvedevaNation/status/1278693152367534081?s=20

Thanks for the link to the article. I see even Yuzuru is not yet back in Canada, so it looks like there's no reason to fret about Evgenia being in Moscow. I'm sure she's appreciating the time with her grandmother and Jerry (assuming she can see them, of course). Also, while the interview is with Jason, he raises two points which, to me, are pretty hopeful: there's time to fine-tune things now, and also, for both him and Evgenia, they've had those eighteen months of reworking technique, and it should be pretty secure. This just gives them more time to work on their muscle memory for their changed technique, and to rebuild their stamina for competition. So my fingers are crossed that this extended break from competition will be good for Zhenya, a consolidation period, as it were, from which she will bounce back as strong and confident as ever.