Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1038 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

reneerose

Final Flight
I just watched her FP. Am catching up on Worlds. She really has grown and I LOVE her fierce attack in competition this Worlds. Looking forward to more great things!

chasseneige

Rinkside
My favorite free program from this season would be her Russian nationals performance. I rarely cry while watching figure skating but by the end of this program, I was definitely an emotional mess. It was a redemption skate for her and I loved how she performed with such fierce intensity and determination.

Rexarcadia

On the Ice
I think I've calmed down enough from last week to write coherently about Worlds now. I have a lot of thoughts but most of all I'm just so incredibly proud of Evgenia.

This season shows that we can't take anything for granted. It has been a wild ride. But all the pain, anxiety, and stress of being her fan is worth it for moments like this.

In the face of so much negativity and sentiment that she didn’t deserve to be there, she persevered. She overcame both immense pressure and physical pain to deliver her two best performances of the season. In front of the biggest audience since the Olympics.

Her performance here was a statement that she’s still the warrior we know and love, and that she isn’t going anywhere. Evgenia has now been to 5 world championships (counting 2 junior), and medaled at ALL of them.

I'm just so thankful for her and I can't wait to see what her future holds.

luanddu

On the Ice
https://www.instagram.com/jmedvedev...utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=njhqpo3jh7bf

ice fantasia lineup for later this month!!! (i meant next month but shhh my mind is already in april.) zhenya along with rika, jun, jason, kaetlyn, virtuemoir, boyang. 😍

ps i know someone already mentioned that shae lynn is choreographing, which is so awesome because i would love for her and zhenya to collab one day.

😍😍😍😍😍😍

About her choreographers, I think Misha is going to continue choreographing for Zhenya. But maybe she changes DW.

melodramaonice

Rinkside
😍😍😍😍😍😍

About her choreographers, I think Misha is going to continue choreographing for Zhenya. But maybe she changes DW.

i would be okay with both of those things!! i think david has done incredible work in the past and i’ve grown to love libertango for what it is, but i think most of his best work was done with yuna. that’s not to say he won’t do incredible work in the future, but i’d like to see zhenya experiment with some other choreographers. shae lynn would be a dream.

and i would be 110% happy with keeping misha around. he’s like an unofficial member of TCC at this point. 😂

Watch

Final Flight
Btw, I'm starting off my day by listening to the Memoirs of a Geisha soundtrack. Noticed that the comments on youtube are full of people who came there for Zhenya as well :laugh:

melodramaonice

Rinkside
Btw, I'm starting off my day by listening to the Memoirs of a Geisha soundtrack. Noticed that the comments on youtube are full of people who came there for Zhenya as well :laugh:

yes!! i had to go relisten to it as soon as she mentioned it. my favorite tracks are definitely the chairman’s waltz, the garden meeting, and destiny’s path. the garden meeting especially is so achingly beautiful. i won’t get into the politics of memoirs of a geisha because i’ve never been a fan of the story, but the music is just beautiful. i’m already dreaming of new dresses, new choreography.....😍

jerrysh

Spectator
could someone who speaks Russian translate (or just give the general points) of tat's commentary? https://youtu.be/iDQWKIYMzoQ

"God, let this hip injury heal without complications, since this year she overcame so much, she jumped and corrected herself so many times, she endured so much physically and morally, it is very very hard, the way this season worked for her, but she dit it, and this name will be remembered forever. Zhenya is forever and this is for certain... because I think that we've never had such a strong athlete in singles skating..."

Watch

Final Flight
Queen posted! So good to hear from her and see her happily with a medal https://www.instagram.com/p/BvbQj7mBqKZ/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=6w868sfdvyd5

Aw yes! And I think we can see at as a confirmation that she won't be going to WTT, as I've expected already.

Btw, there's a dig at certain journalists in the Russian version that she didn't put in the English one :devil:
"Thanks to all the journalists who, I'm sure, know more about figure skating than anyone else."