Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 101 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

atsumiri

Record Breaker
I don't think he will be in Niigata. But what a dream! :cool2: I would love to see that!
yes. i think so...

But i remember this:
after WC2016 Evgenia Medvedeva named #YuzuruHanyu and @JohnnyGWeir as her #figureskating idols.
So at least she can perform with Johnny)))))). He will be in Niigata

Hannah555

Ava artwork by talented ShampooNeko
Final Flight
yes. i think so...

But i remember this:
after WC2016 Evgenia Medvedeva named #YuzuruHanyu and @JohnnyGWeir as her #figureskating idols.
So at least she can perform with Johnny)))))). He will be in Niigata

Right! :clap: Now it's up to organizers.

And at least we'll get some news and new pictures.

ejnsofi

Final Flight
In addition, Eteri noted that not only Averbukh is working on choreography for her programs next season but they have a big team including Averbukh and her.

So there is the hope for Zhenya to have choreo which won't give people cringe attack? Don't get me wrong... I enjoyed all of her programs so far but I understand why people can't appreciate her skating

Hannah555

Final Flight
So there is the hope for Zhenya to have choreo which won't give people cringe attack? Don't get me wrong... I enjoyed all of her programs so far but I understand why people can't appreciate her skating

It doesn't matter who the choreographer is... To my opinion figure skating is like art so there will be many opinions. Some will hate her programs, others will love them and others will say that they are boring and unwatchable. And it's understandable.
Honestly the most important thing to me is for her to feel confident and good about her programs. If working with Averbukh ensures same confidence and joy in her eyes then I support Averbukh 100%. And he already said that they won't go for anything crazy next season. :bow:

PS: She already has a rare talent to enlighten the crowd with her skating.

astudyofmemory

Rinkside
Zhenya and Johnny would be a dream! :bow: That combo would make for an epic performance, for sure! Both are wonderful performers and I would love to see what kind of madness they would bring to the ice.

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
Zhenya and Johnny would be a dream! :bow: That combo would make for an epic performance, for sure! Both are wonderful performers and I would love to see what kind of madness they would bring to the ice.

Johnny also thinks very highly of her :biggrin:
SBS dramatic knee slides would be amazing :love:

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
In addition, Eteri noted that not only Averbukh is working on choreography for her programs next season but they have a big team including Averbukh and her.

She obvious meant that also Daniil Gleichenhaus is working with her. After all he made for Zhenya SP in 2015/2016 season.

atsumiri

Record Breaker
google translated::scratch2:
- Evgenia, you said that you plan to learn the elements of the category of ultra-s, is it true? And what will it be?
- Eteri: what does it mean planning? We are training in this direction; Simply, I once again say, to talk about some jumps not made on official starts, does it make any sense? Well, little girls stamp, good. That's when they do it on official starts, then we'll discuss. And this is so simple, that it would be nice for them.

- Returning to the question of the Zhenya's quads. Is it possible to see it in the program?
- Eteri: "If during the start, we will assume that it's worth it. maybe."
"You just have to understand, the jump must not only be landed but must also be fully rotated, otherwise there is no meaning in it."

Last edited:

atsumiri

Record Breaker
what's going on?

jmedvedevaj Okay okay. So many people said about bad manner on deleted video. 1. Organization helped us to clean all corridor. 2. Rooms so small for this. And after all I thought what Sailor Moon post will be better than funny video🌙✨ - https://www.instagram.com/p/BTeCFc9hfOV/

What is she talking about? :scratch2:

Last edited:

moriel

Record Breaker
what's going on?

jmedvedevaj Okay okay. So many people said about bad manner on deleted video. 1. Organization helped us to clean all corridor. 2. Rooms so small for this. And after all I thought what Sailor Moon post will be better than funny video🌙✨ - https://www.instagram.com/p/BTeCFc9hfOV/

What is she talking about? :scratch2:

From what I understood from comments, appearently she posted a video of her having fun with other girls from team russia (as people mention Katya - I suppose its Bobrova). They were probably were doing something silly in the corridor.
And then haters hated and she took it down.

atsumiri

Record Breaker
From what I understood from comments, appearently she posted a video of her having fun with other girls from team russia (as people mention Katya - I suppose its Bobrova). They were probably were doing something silly in the corridor.
:palmf::palmf::palmf:

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker

I think they went through the presents they got in the corridor because the rooms were too small, so when she posted the video they got accused of bad manners. Of course, nonsense as they cleaned it up but some people ... :rolleye:

Eteri's words about choreography give me hope. Thank you all for the various news and I hope Zhenya gets her FaOI wish! It would be so much fun!

Hannah555

Final Flight
She obvious meant that also Daniil Gleichenhaus is working with her. After all he made for Zhenya SP in 2015/2016 season.

It was choreographed by Alexander Zhulin not by Daniil but from I understood so far Eteri, Segrei, Daniil and Zhenya are very involved in the process so it's always a team work.

google translated::scratch2:
- Evgenia, you said that you plan to learn the elements of the category of ultra-s, is it true? And what will it be?
- Eteri: what does it mean planning? We are training in this direction;
- Returning to the question of the Zhenya's quads. Is it possible to see it in the program?
- Eteri: "If during the start, we will assume that it's worth it. maybe."
"You just have to understand, the jump must not only be landed but must also be fully rotated, otherwise there is no meaning in it."

I like Eteri's answers. She is honest.

full press-conference video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zng1GIaC24
here russianfan translated this article
But i saw some comments about this article. That there were more Q and some of the answers were not fully written in the article.

Thank you for the video. It's very informative. So many good questions!

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
The Russian squad, per Gorshkov, is possibly going to spend their time pre-PC in Nigata, Japan. I am sure Zhenya won't mind if this turns out to be the final decision.

I do like What Eteri said about the 4S ^^ there but as I've said here before, I really think that quad has been cooking in the background or I don't think she would have mentioned it at all. I also really admire that they want it to be fully rotated, and accept nothing else, because even with a UR call, it'd be something. Only 100% or nothing.

atsumiri

Record Breaker
To Medvedeva: which GP events will you want to participate the most?
Tutberidze: we didnt' even talk about it yet. Its' not a secret, but they were moved in time, it's my bad, I postponed thinking about it, we are supposed to give the plans on 5/5, we'll think before 3/5. Since the schedule was changed we have to think what is more convenient.

:rofl:

Which skater inspires you the most?
Medvedeva: wow...
Tutberidze: Hanuy
Medvedeva: well, there you go. No reason to hide now.

:laugh2:

Last edited:

carmina

On the Ice

Can we find the vid ?