Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1131 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

pandatours

On the Ice
Lol at the Wilson hate. :laugh: But I‘m with you, I hope it‘s not him. His programs have just lost their spark. They seem old-fashioned and lack transitions. There was a world‘s difference between Rika‘s SP and her FS this season for example. I do have a sneaky feeling it’s going to be him, though... Jason has his FS made by Wilson and the SP by someone else, hasn’t he?

Jason’s SP is by Rohene Ward

I quite like David Wilson’s work but he, like Lori Nichol, work best when they personally gel with the skaters. But he and Sandra had a very specific vision for Orange Colored Sky so I think they just pushed Zhenya a little too out of her comfort zone and so he gave her a basic FS that would tap into her strengths. The music edit is unforgivable though. I think Wilson would do a great job with Zhenya’s short, but I think someone else would do a better job for Memoirs.

This past season has been about rebuilding and I think it’s smart she did these 4S attempts with no video evidence (that we know of). It’s just the right amount of pressure.

bubblecherry

Final Flight
TSL put out the theory that Ghislain is in Japan working with Yuzu on jumps, and possibly Zhenya, but they also recognized it's not entirely likely because they don't really work together. That would definitely make sense as to why she's able to yolo 4sal attempts lol

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
TSL put out the theory that Ghislain is in Japan working with Yuzu on jumps, and possibly Zhenya, but they also recognized it's not entirely likely because they don't really work together. That would definitely make sense as to why she's able to yolo 4sal attempts lol

I find that a bit unlikely. It's never been mentioned that she's working with him too. But maybe I'm mistaken.

Rexarcadia

On the Ice
Zhenya is back in Toronto as per her last IG story! The shows gave us good content but I'm glad she's back to her regular training environment :)

bubblecherry

Final Flight
Already back in Toronto, yay! About 3 months until test skates/potential senior Bs? About 4 months until GP season, right? Hopefully she'll be able to train uninterrupted through this whole period. Even if she needs another week of travel/shows, I think she'll be okay. Hopefully we'll still get some updates since it's summer... I'm excited for her to be able to train regardless :)

Wheelz

On the Ice
Zhenya is back in Toronto as per her last IG story! The shows gave us good content but I'm glad she's back to her regular training environment :)

I wonder if Zhenya will jump right back into training or if she’ll relax at home for a couple of days. Maybe sit by the pool, sleep in or do some shopping to relax.

NoviceFan

Triple Something-Triple Looping
Medalist
Imagine the first conversation between Zhenya and Brian when she gets back to TCC... :laugh:

luanddu

On the Ice
Imagine the first conversation between Zhenya and Brian when she gets back to TCC... :laugh:

Afterall, she's already been to Russia this off-season. Maybe she'll go back in the middle of the summer or she will just be in Toronto until September.

Placebo11

On the Ice
I think it's good that she's back in Toronto - she's been travelling so much and has more time to practice now. 😊

thatbeatingheart

On the Ice
Country
Germany
[...]

This past season has been about rebuilding and I think it’s smart she did these 4S attempts with no video evidence (that we know of). It’s just the right amount of pressure.

I agree, it's sad for us at home who are dying to see her attempts but it's a clever decision by her. I didn't expect her to try it in public so soon, Zhenya never fails to surprise me!

NoviceFan

Triple Something-Triple Looping
Medalist
Who else isn't going to be shocked if she actually goes to TCC to start training today?