Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1184 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

Watch

Final Flight
Yes, the sensations of 2000, and when you try to dance in front of the mirror like Shakira :laugh:

Did everyone do it? Because I sure did :laugh:

And I would honestly love if TAT choreographed an EX for Zhenya. Or found her some music for a program. She found Yuzu the music for his Angel EX (and won't stop talking about it since then...)

Fluture

Record Breaker
And I would honestly love if TAT choreographed an EX for Zhenya. Or found her some music for a program. She found Yuzu the music for his Angel EX (and won't stop talking about it since then...)

Imagine if TAT and Averbukh each choreographed one of Zhenya's Olympic programs. They would take turns reminding the media of that, there would be no day without some comment about Zhenya. :p

ElvieHope

Rinkside
Imagine if TAT and Averbukh each choreographed one of Zhenya's Olympic programs. They would take turns reminding the media of that, there would be no day without some comment about Zhenya. :p

I offer combos. Aver puts SP, TAT choreographer FP, Zhenya wins the 2022 Olympiad, everyone has been talking about this for 20 years in the russian media, it will be legen * wait, wait *
dary! :смех:

melgirl25

Medalist

Is TAT able to skate still? Or enough to be able to choreograph something? :scratch2: Not sure how that works.

Maybe a collaboration between TAT and Averbukh will happen but that will be difficult too :laugh:

Watch

Final Flight
Is TAT able to skate still? Or enough to be able to choreograph something? :scratch2: Not sure how that works.

Maybe a collaboration between TAT and Averbukh will happen but that will be difficult too :laugh:

She's choreographed one of Polina Tsurskaya's programs last season. Or maybe even both, I'm not sure anymore. As I understand it, she had one of CSKA's choreographers or assistant coaches demostrate the choreo to Polina, while she described it.

jhcorb01

Rinkside
I feel Zhenya's turns and steps are a bit underrated sometimes. Her step sequences are always a joy to watch, for me, personally. She really puts a lot into them. I would die if Tarasova choreographed a program of Zhenya's, I really loved all of her work with Mao -- and Mao's step sequences, especially the one from her 2007-2008 SP, Fantasia for Violin and Orchestra from Ladies in Lavender, are stunning, and some of my favorite pieces of figure skating. Mao's twizzles, oh man. They were everything and she was such a legend. I wonder if Zhenya has been thinking about Mao recently, since she drew the 2014 Olympics dress picture. Their careers and progression seem very similar.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
I feel Zhenya's turns and steps are a bit underrated sometimes. Her step sequences are always a joy to watch, for me, personally. She really puts a lot into them. I would die if Tarasova choreographed a program of Zhenya's, I really loved all of her work with Mao -- and Mao's step sequences, especially the one from her 2007-2008 SP, Fantasia for Violin and Orchestra from Ladies in Lavender, are stunning, and some of my favorite pieces of figure skating.

Yes!!! I always loved Zhenya's StSqs.

2 weeks until we see Zhenya at the Test skates :) I am so excited

Maia96

On the Ice

I'm thinking if Zhenya qualifies for Europeans (Jenuary 20-26)...I know it's difficult with the competitors this year but you never know and I don't think Zhenya refuses to go ... So would she train in Russia? Brian would go to train her in Russia?

We have several months to speculate.... Please Zhenya give us a break!:pray: We spent months speculating about your FP choreographer.:laugh::laugh:

Maia96

On the Ice
I'm still thinking:think:...But Nationals are from December 24-29. So she will train at the same time for Nationals and rehearse for the show ... Oh my God!

Fluture

Record Breaker
I'm still thinking:think:...But Nationals are from December 24-29. So she will train at the same time for Nationals and rehearse for the show ... Oh my God!

I have to admit, that‘s a scary thought. Nationals are going to be on a different level this year than even last year so it worries me a bit. Also, if she somehow makes it on the Euros team she will have only 8 days to properly prepare for the event. That‘s not all that long, is it?

I mean, it‘s obviously great that she‘s so popular, doing all these shows and I‘m looking forward to seeing her but it kinda makes me a bit anxious that it‘s in the middle of the season... Zhenya knows what she‘s doing but I can‘t help but worry anyway. :laugh:

Maia96

On the Ice
I have to admit, that‘s a scary thought. Nationals are going to be on a different level this year than even last year so it worries me a bit. Also, if she somehow makes it on the Euros team she will have only 8 days to properly prepare for the event. That‘s not all that long, is it?

I mean, it‘s obviously great that she‘s so popular, doing all these shows and I‘m looking forward to seeing her but it kinda makes me a bit anxious that it‘s in the middle of the season... Zhenya knows what she‘s doing but I can‘t help but worry anyway. :laugh:

What is certain is that we already have a question for the 27th press conference or at least topic of discussion for the next few days before the test skates... and with Zhenya in Russia:laugh:

DeeDee18

On the Ice
I'm thinking if Zhenya qualifies for Europeans (Jenuary 20-26)...I know it's difficult with the competitors this year but you never know and I don't think Zhenya refuses to go ... So would she train in Russia? Brian would go to train her in Russia?

We have several months to speculate.... Please Zhenya give us a break!:pray: We spent months speculating about your FP choreographer.:laugh::laugh:

So is she not planning on going to euros?? like she'll be doing multiple shows a day from Dec 30-Jan 12, and euros starts Jan 20... I'm v concerned

Fluture

Record Breaker
What is certain is that we already have a question for the 27th press conference or at least topic of discussion for the next few days before the test skates... and with Zhenya in Russia:laugh:

Well, Zhenya never fails to create suspense. I just wish it was over something like not announcing her FS choreographer, then I wouldn‘t have to worry like I do now lol. I hope she sees her fans collectively freaking out and reassures them at that press conference thing. :laugh:

So is she not planning on going to euros?? like she'll be doing multiple shows a day from Dec 30-Jan 12, and euros starts Jan 20... I'm v concerned

Yeah, I think we‘re all kinda worried. Euros are in Austria this year and I didn‘t dare to have hopes of Zhenya going before (not because I think she won’t make it anyway but because I don’t want to get my hopes up too much) but her announcing this show now makes me even less hopeful to see her there. I just have to tell myself that Zhenya knows what she‘s doing. But I can‘t help it, it just doesn‘t seem like her to announce a show in the middle of the season, especially not one that‘s so close to an important competition she might qualify for. She always wants to be prepared 1000%. If she really was counting on going to Euros she would not risk having only less than 8 days to seriously prepare. Imo, of course. I‘m kind of confused now. But I do hope that all this anxiety right now turns out to have been over nothing.

Edit: Averbukh‘s acknowledged that her first priority will be competition. So, I guess he‘ll provide her with an opportunity to train. And thinking about it now, that‘s the holidays as well, isn‘t it? So, she‘ll be spending her holidays skating. Maybe I was freaking out too soon lol. It‘s just how close the show dates are to Euros and Nationals that scared me.

Maia96

On the Ice

I remember that Aver said the sport was first for Zhenya...Maybe if she qualifies for Europeans she doesn't do the shows ... after all, all the shows have replacements.