Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1249 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
The stsq is my favourite part, and the choreo sequence the most stressful because I know the axels and the flip are coming right after and it's a scary thought. :laugh: I was half looking when she was jumping those 3 jumping passes. :laugh2:

Fluture

Record Breaker
I was wondering where you were Fluture!

OMG, I was, too! Welcome back :)

Me too.:) Glad you are back.

Welcome back!

Thank you all guys, this makes me really happy!! :thank:

Now we’ll have about two weeks until Shanghai, I believe. I‘m looking forward to this competition, should be more of a fun experience than ACI which was nerve-wracking with the test skates before and the tight schedule. Also, I really liked Eunsoo and Zhenya‘s interactions at ACI and them being sweet to each other on instagram later. I’m glad they’ll compete again against each other in Shanghai, they seem friendly enough. And, unrelated but Ashley Wagner commented on Zhenya‘s SP costume pic, applauding her for skating in a bodysuit. :)

Maia96

On the Ice
I turned away from this forum the last few days but I‘m back now. (Yes, after the competition has ended because I‘m a coward :laugh: ) Just a few thoughts:

I love her programs. Obviously she was tired so everything wasn‘t perfect yet but she “competed“ at Test skates just a few days before... soo... who cares. And all I wanted was to see the programs with clean jumps and it happened so early, just a few tight landings. I‘ve been watching them over and over again for the past days. I think there‘s lots of things to add, her step sequence will look faster and sharper when she‘s not as tired. The choreo sequence is bright and beautiful. I also love the transition out of the second 3Lz, even if it got < and e...

For the costumes... It‘s kind of funny how Zhenya‘s splitting the FS community. (Again. Lol) Some either absolutely hate them (especially the SP) and others love them. Can I say that I do both? Like, they‘re amazing but they‘re also... not? Somehow? I fell in love with the FS dress the instant I saw it. It looks so intricate and I had envisioned something really different, with lots of pink and white. But I‘m not a fan of those dresses anyway, so I‘m happy. I knew the dress would be very complicated, with lots going on, that‘s just how the designer‘s dresses all are. I‘m not in love with the sleeves, they look kind of heavy and I wish we could see those amazing, detailed hand gestures she does better. The gloves hide them a bit. The SP bodysuit shows her lines and fits the song. I‘m not sure if I like the way it looks and it‘s so different from what I imagined that I guess, I‘ll just have to get used to it. But she‘s happy and that‘s the most important. Remember last year, when Tracy had to cut the stones from the SP dress last minute before the program? What a difference a year can make! :laugh:

Now that Zhenya‘s first competition is over, I feel like I can finally relax. Until Shanghai Trophy. But I‘m glad she‘s competing a lot this year. The entry list for Shanghai Trophy is out, it seems? Looks like Eunsoo, Elizabet, Zhenya and two other ladies will compete? (Liang Yi and Hongyi Chen? - sorry if the spelling is off, I read them from an instagram story) No sixth entry?

And here‘s a Tracy and Zhenya meme just because I found it funny:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B2c7xPcpK2-/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

I agree with you ... You explain very well what I wanted to say about gloves and sleeves.

*~RussianBleux~*

Medalist
Speaking of other places, has anyone noticed that the exact same fans who were tearing Zhenya to shreds back in February when she beat Liza at the Cup Final and earned the spot at Worlds are now bashing Liza’s skating in every way imaginable because she dared to threaten one of their favorites over he weekend? None of these people ever cared about Liza for one minute, she was simply used to push an agenda against Zhenya. It’s disgusting if you ask me and it only proves how biased that entire discussion was.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Speaking of other places, has anyone noticed that the exact same fans who were tearing Zhenya to shreds back in February when she beat Liza at the Cup Final and earned the spot at Worlds are now bashing Liza’s skating in every way imaginable because she dared to threaten one of their favorites over he weekend? None of these people ever cared about Liza for one minute, she was simply used to push an agenda against Zhenya. It’s disgusting if you ask me and it only proves how biased that entire discussion was.

I noticed it ,too. It's upsetting. :(

melgirl25

Medalist

Oh it was noted!

NoviceFan

Triple Something-Triple Looping
Medalist

Not shocked at all. Sadly, that won't be the last. On the bright side, Zhenya has a lot of loyal, steadfast fans, who are unpersuaded and can see right through that kind of unpleasant discourse.

PS

This fan is all of us

https://mobile.twitter.com/MedvedevaNation/status/1173716031728160774

Maia96

On the Ice

The problem is that people, the press and even the Federation itself have raised a certain coach to the altars and people are convinced that her methods are the best and that only her skaters have the right to get spots and win medals. And any other skater who pretends one of those spots is seen as an enemy.

In addition, of course, of their deep hostility and contempt for Zhenya.

Watch

Final Flight
The problem is that people, the press and even the Federation itself have raised a certain coach to the altars and people are convinced that her methods are the best and that only her skaters have the right to get spots and win medals. And any other skater who pretends one of those spots is seen as an enemy.

It still seems weird to me to be a fan of a particular coach first and foremost and not of a particular skater, but that's what it is, with all the consequences attached.

Schedule for Shanghai Trophy is out:

- Ladies Short program: Thursday 20:25 (8:25pm) to 21:10 (9:10pm) local time
- Ladies Free Skate: Friday: 20:00 (8pm) to 20:53 (8:53pm) local time.
Means 2AM for me.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2fQxPVo7x-/?igshid=ftv8uqy2pu97

I really wonder if they're still going to get a few more ladies for the competition... for now it's not even clear if all five on the list are going to take part, considering Lilbet's recent injury. Either way, I'm stoked for any chance of seeing Zhenya compete with her beautiful programs.

*~RussianBleux~*

Medalist

Yes this is exactly what I’m seeing. You could not have said it any better. You can see this in the JGP assignments where the skaters of that coach are receiving priority over other teams in terms of the difficultly of the assignments (they did not send a second skater from this team to Chelyabinsk to get bronze nor did they make any of them face Alysa). Even though these skaters are inconsistent, had messy test skates, and haven’t earned their spots over the Panova/Davydov girls the Fed gave them priority because of their coach. And everyone just immediately assumed these skaters would perform because this team is almighty but at the end of the day the coach is not a miracle worker nor a God. Her skaters are not automatically deserving, they should be expected to earn it first like everyone else. You can see in the results how this is working out for them so far but of course if you point it out you are evil.

What’s sad is that this is starting to impact the way I feel about the skaters. While watching some of these competitions I find myself rooting against these skaters even though on surface level I actually like the skating because I know the sooner that these fans are taken down a notch the better it will be for Zhenya and even Alysa who is next to face their rath. They need to realize there is nothing almighty or supreme about this group itself — only the skaters who earn it and the more arguments that can be used against their toxic nonsense the better for Zhenya, Alysa, Liza, and many other skaters they treat so unfairly.

(Sorry for a bit OT there but I believe it all relates back Zhenya).

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
I keep staring at her FS dress. The more I look at it, the more I like it. The details are stunning. It's so gorgeous. :love:

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Shanghai Trophy has an exhibition, correct? I can't wait to see her new exhibition skate and dress. :)

Aichwan

Rinkside
Hola!!! I've been a long time lurker of this thread and finally decided to make an account.

Nice to meet you all :eek::

Just here to support the most talented and sweetest ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ

bubblecherry

Final Flight
Hola!!! I've been a long time lurker of this thread and finally decided to make an account.

Nice to meet you all :eek::

Just here to support the most talented and sweetest ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ

Welcome :) Post often! What are your thoughts on her new programs?