Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1289 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

Coryocris

Praise our Little Bear
On the Ice
Country
Germany
During the interview Jason was also asked how Zhenya and Yuzuru are and Jason said that they are fine, Evgenia is excited for the GP season and we will see some exciting stuff at Skate Canada, but he cannot say what those things are as TCC is very private concering those things.

Jason, you dog. Look what you've done! Now we are going to worry the whole week because of you only to realize that we have been Trolled by TCC trolling standards :laugh:

Watch

Final Flight
During the interview Jason was also asked how Zhenya and Yuzuru are and Jason said that they are fine, Evgenia is excited for the GP season and we will see some exciting stuff at Skate Canada, but he cannot say what those things are as TCC is very private concering those things.

I assume it's "just" about including her new combo that we've seen her do in practice in Shanghai :laugh: would make the most sense.

But I would also love for her to start showing her 4S in practice...

madraykin

Rinkside
When do you think she will travel. It's about a 5 hour plane ride and 3 hour time difference from Toronto. Will jetlag be an issue?

Matteo Rizzo posted a story from TCC a few hours ago so I'd guess they either went this afternoon or they'll go tomorrow. I guess it might depend on when Brian and Tracy left Vegas too?

Jetlag shouldn't be too bad on a three hour delay (phase delay is much easier than phase advance).

You guys. Unless Zhenya has a meltdown or some serious errors, I will RIOT if Bradie scores above her. I don’t think Bradie is superior in any way, and she doesn’t have a true lutz either.

But since Bradie has momentum coming in and she is the top US lady, I don’t know what kind of politicking will happen. They might want a US lady in the GPF. RusFed seems to not care about Liza. Hopefully they still love Evgenia.

She gave them 2.5 seasons of incredible consistency and winning. Pay your respects! Unfortunately politicking is just part of the game.

What do you guys think??

Also it’s good to hear from Jason that Zhenya is excited about the GPF. She has some of the most emotional skating and best interpretation out of everyone IMO. Can’t wait to see her programs again.

skatergurl7

On the Ice
I much prefer Evgenia over Bradie but if both go clean and are scored fairly Evgenia should beat her. Bradie won’t have home advantage this week so I think Evgenia should be fine as long as she does her job. Politics wise I’m not sure how long RusFed will support her, but she’s the only non-Eteri girl so we’ll see

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Evgenia has two beautiful programs and when skated cleanly they can score 230. Regardless of federation favorites, numbers are numbers.

bubblecherry

Final Flight
Zhenya needs to skate the way she can skate and she could get a medal of any color, probably bronze, but maybe luck will be in her favor and she could get silver :) Even in Shanghai, with bad judging and a sick Zhenya, she still refused to go down on her jumps or pop them, so a healthier Zhenya should do well!! Good vibes, everyone, gold vibes :)

I will be extremely annoyed if she gets a Lutz call when Bradie doesn't get them with 3 Lutz in her programs, though.

Placebo11

On the Ice
You guys. Unless Zhenya has a meltdown or some serious errors, I will RIOT if Bradie scores above her. I don’t think Bradie is superior in any way, and she doesn’t have a true lutz either.

But since Bradie has momentum coming in and she is the top US lady, I don’t know what kind of politicking will happen. They might want a US lady in the GPF. RusFed seems to not care about Liza. Hopefully they still love Evgenia.

She gave them 2.5 seasons of incredible consistency and winning. Pay your respects! Unfortunately politicking is just part of the game.

What do you guys think??

I agree with you!!

Watch

Final Flight

What do you guys think??

Also it’s good to hear from Jason that Zhenya is excited about the GPF. She has some of the most emotional skating and best interpretation out of everyone IMO. Can’t wait to see her programs again.

I have the same fear. Bradie will get the US boost now, that's almost guaranteed. Both because of her own position as US strongest and because with three GPF spots expected to go to Russia with almost 100% certainty and with another three Russian Ladies realistically in the running for the remaining three spots, the judges will jump at any chance to get more diversity in there. Meaning, both Rika and Bradie can hope for a boost, provided they skate well, while the opposite goes for Zhenya. Zhenya isn't in as dire position as Liza when it comes to her standing with rusfed and the judges, but she's not the priority for the fed to get to the GPF either.

Anyway, before we worry about that, we can worry about Zhenya skating well in the first place. I hope she's fully recovered and can do her best.

skatingfan200

Medalist

She has a flat edge. Pretty sure she will not be called. While by Zhenya the risk to be called is higher this season...
https://up.picr.de/37026443hr.png

Very important is also UR calls, let´s hope for no phantom calls and no selective calling.

Scott512

Record Breaker

What do you guys think??

No riots please. ;)

Zhenya should surpass Bradie Tennell if all things are normal. But Bradie had the best performance of her career last week in Las Vegas and has real momentum and this is Evgenia his first major event of the season. It's going to be a tight squeeze to make the Grand Prix final so she needs to get off to a good start in this event. Many people were shocked how well Bradie skated. Myself included. but you know what at age 21 or whatever she is she is at what used to be a normal progression rate for a ladies figure skater 20 or 30 years ago. Now Zhenyas has put her struggles from last season behind her and is fully adjusted to training and living in Canada. I expect very solid to very good performances from her in this event with a very realistic shot at the podium.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is the first practice tomorrow or Thursday? I hope she wears her orange top, I really like that one. It's funny because orange is not my favorite color, but it looks good on her.

Artemisa

Final Flight
well ... jason who never landed a 4 ... showed his fallings in the 4 in practice ... so maybe zhenya will do the same ... who knows