Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1290 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

skatergurl7

On the Ice
I really hope this happens. The short program is where Zhenya has a chance to create a gap.

Good luck to Zhenya this week at Skate Canada!! You can do it Zhenya!! Skate your heart out and try your best! :hap10:

I don’t have confidence in Rika’s axel in the short program, so I think Evgenia can 100% take a huge lead in the SP. and the program will highlight her improvement in skating skills which should drastically compare to Sasha’s if they’re in the same group

iamSkylar

Rinkside
This is where I need you to stop.

It’s one thing to advocate for and cheer on Zhenya. It’s another to speculate on the mistakes of another skater.

This is precisely the type of talk they draws blood between random.

Let’s find a way to support Zhenya without bringing up or speaking negatively of other skaters. We don’t need that here.

skatergurl7

On the Ice
This is where I need you to stop.

It’s one thing to advocate for and cheer on Zhenya. It’s another to speculate on the mistakes of another skater.

This is precisely the type of talk they draws blood between random.

Let’s find a way to support Zhenya without bringing up or speaking negatively of other skaters. We don’t need that here.

No one’s advocating or speculating and wishing for someone to make mistakes. Facts are rika’s axel is inconsistent especially in the short and thus I think Evgenia can have a huge lead over her competitors....

Watch

Final Flight
Can anyone summarize/translate what Ina Goncharenko said about Zhenya's 4S? I got the feeling she wasn't very nice about it :(
She talks bout her in min 49:14, there are timestamps in the comment section
https://youtu.be/DsFKEKg-a_Y

Basically said that showing a 4S in a harness is meaningless. Which is fair enough, that's what anyone will tell you and I guess people who get interviewed about figure skating are fed up getting asked to comment on jumps in harness over and over again or seeing the hype around such jumps like they were the same thing as "real" ones. So I think that explains why she just laughs it off instead of saying the same thing a bit more politely. The only thing that irks me is that they talk about it like Zhenya was the one who posted the video (which would be fine, btw, she wouldn't have been the first skater to do so), when the practice footage was part of a tv spot. I'm sure she okayed it, but she's not the main decision maker there. People cutting the spot decided to focus on her training the 4S, so they did.

But speaking of, Anna's, Liza's and Stasya's personal spots were posted last week before Skate America. I hope we're getting Zhenya's spot today or so.

Aichwan

Rinkside
Basically said that showing a 4S in a harness is meaningless. Which is fair enough, that's what anyone will tell you and I guess people who get interviewed about figure skating are fed up getting asked to comment on jumps in harness over and over again or seeing the hype around such jumps like they were the same thing as "real" ones. So I think that explains why she just laughs it off instead of saying the same thing a bit more politely. The only thing that irks me is that they talk about it like Zhenya was the one who posted the video (which would be fine, btw, she wouldn't have been the first skater to do so), when the practice footage was part of a tv spot. I'm sure she okayed it, but she's not the main decision maker there. People cutting the spot decided to focus on her training the 4S, so they did.

But speaking of, Anna's, Liza's and Stasya's personal spots were posted last week before Skate America. I hope we're getting Zhenya's spot today or so.

Thank you for the summary! <3
I got the vibe that her tone was somewhat passive aggressive n a bit mocking.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Evgenia masters that 4S soon and shows everyone that she is capable of this n much more.

Watch

Final Flight
Thank you for the summary! <3
I got the vibe that her tone was somewhat passive aggressive n a bit mocking.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Evgenia masters that 4S soon and shows everyone that she is capable of this n much more.

She's definitely very dismissive about it, you're not wrong. I respect Goncharenko and usually find her a very insightful and level-headed interviewee, so I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and say that she's probably just tired of being asked about potential Ladies quads and 4+ rotation harness jumps, since everyone's been talking about it way too much since last season.

Scott512

Record Breaker
No one’s advocating or speculating and wishing for someone to make mistakes. Facts are rika’s axel is inconsistent especially in the short and thus I think Evgenia can have a huge lead over her competitors....
What would a huge lead be in your opinion in the SP for Zhenya? Any lead would be good for her. But more importantly her having a fine short program is the most important thing no matter her placement.

I think evgenia will skate much much better than last season but the competition is much much stronger with 3A on the scene now in addition to the great girls from last season. It should be avthrilling Grand Prix season. Get your popcorn ready! ;) then we'll come Nationals Europeans and worlds with all the thrills and drama those events entail. ;)

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
@NoviceFan
Wishing you a lot of fun this week at Skate Canada! :) I remember you saying that you were going. Hope Zhenya loves your plushies :)