Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1321 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

It looks like Evgenia is marking a layback spin in the new footage of her exhibition! I hope she is bringing it back and has healed enough to perform her layback without the Biellmann!

Fluture

Record Breaker
It looks like Evgenia is marking a layback spin in the new footage of her exhibition! I hope she is bringing it back and has healed enough to perform her layback without the Biellmann!

I was thinking the same! And I know this might be a purple bathrobe moment but I found it very interesting that she did the skid spiral + what looked like a marked layback at the end of the program. Just sayin‘ that it looks familiar from... a few programs in her past. And right to the lyrics “I don‘t wanna be you anymore“.... Well, like I said. Purple bathrobe moment but I couldn‘t help thinking that. :laugh:

Hello! I'm new to the forum, and new to this thread, and am very much not a skater myself, but, after a year of following figure skating and just loving it more and more, I figured it was probably time to join this thread, as Evgenia is essentially the skater who drew me in, and I have loved following the discussion in this thread for a while. Plus I am on bed rest after an allergic reaction to a bee sting and a trip to the ER this morning, and when I saw the link to Evgenia's new exhibition skate, I followed it, watched it, and love how soothing it was to watch, and distracting from my discomfort. (Thank you, Lunalovesskating!)

I am looking forward to watching her skate again this weekend - no matter what happens when she skates, I just love her performances so much, as she throws her heart and soul into them. I used to dance, before my instructor told me to choose between daily ballet classes and my horse riding (she was on a losing wicket there), and there is something about Evgenia's skating that remind me of all the things I loved about dancing, without the stress - the lyricism, the beautiful flowing arms, the grace in the way she holds herself. And of course, the courage, the determination, and the perseverance she has shown in the last eighteen months, uprooting her whole life to be able to pursue her dreams, makes her, young as she is, a source of inspiration for me.

Maybe I‘m a bit late but I wanted to say welcome too. Hoping that you post a lot and that you‘ll recover soon from your allergy reaction. :)

And here‘s some emotional Evgenia that I think shows the soul in her skating very well:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4vSi00I1Yi/?igshid=s9yi4wpksw9o

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Assignments for CS Zagreb are out. No assignment for Zhenya. All three slots for Russia are full. Well, at least this gives her more time to prepare for Nationals.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Assignments for CS Zagreb are out. No assignment for Zhenya. All three slots for Russia are full. Well, at least this gives her more time to prepare for Nationals.

I don‘t like that. It didn’t go well last season... I was hoping she would go there, do her best to win a Challenger Gold, and maybe even try the 4S or something else she‘d been planning. It would have been the right time for experimenting. She needs to be 100% at Nationals. And I don‘t think a break from competition will do her any good. But let‘s wait and hope for the best.

Maia96

On the Ice
I don‘t like that. It didn’t go well last season... I was hoping she would go there, do her best to win a Challenger Gold, and maybe even try the 4S or something else she‘d been planning. It would have been the right time for experimenting. She needs to be 100% at Nationals. And I don‘t think a break from competition will do her any good. But let‘s wait and hope for the best.

I don't know how assignments are conformed.
But it is assumed that today who form national team are 4A, Liza, Sophia and Zhenya.

So, if the 4A go to GPF and Liza and Sophia go to the Golden Spin, wouldn't it be more logical for Zhenya to go to the Golden Spin instead of Konstantinova?

Coryocris

Praise our Little Bear
On the Ice
Country
Germany
Rostelecom is just a few days away and Zhenya's birthday is next week, so I wish her a successful weekend so she can party non-stop from Sunday on.

Vemvane

On the Ice
Thank you for this post. Zhenya is the type of skater and person that can touch so many people's heart. I love hearing about how she's made others be introspective, too. She's a special one for sure. Post often and post long :) Hoping you feel better soon, too!

Maybe I‘m a bit late but I wanted to say welcome too. Hoping that you post a lot and that you‘ll recover soon from your allergy reaction. :)

And here‘s some emotional Evgenia that I think shows the soul in her skating very well:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4vSi00I1Yi/?igshid=s9yi4wpksw9o

Thank you both for the welcome! I am feeling much better today, though I now have to carry adrenaline in case of future bee stings. Oh well. Such is life.

Also, thank you for sharing that link to her Experience EX - she really is marvellous in that skate. In all the videos I've seen of her, she has such a lovely presence on the ice, and when her programme tells a story, it does so very clearly.

Oh gosh, the trailer makes it look so intense. I am going to be glued to the screen on the weekend, with every finger and toe crossed. All I want are clean skates, that Evgenia is happy with. (And thank you for sharing the link!)

Watch

Final Flight
Any news about Zhenya's whereabouts? Couldn't find anywhere if she has arrived in Russia already.