Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1358 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
This is disgusting! They don't seem to have respect for anybody.
I'm soooooo happy that Zhenya left them and is at a place now where she's happy and being treated with respect.
It was not against zhenya, read the translation in the Russian ladies . Really guys not everything eteri and team says or does is a slight against zhenya . Pleade stop jumping to conclusions

ejnsofi

Final Flight
TBH I can't find anything about Zhenya in Team T post. :scratch2: I kind of only find it funny that they criticise Plushenko for not having any accomplishments and 2 sentences before they criticised TAT for being TAT who on the other hand is one of the most accomplished coaches and choreographers in history of Russian figure skating. TAT's students won 8 Olympic gold medals while Eteri had 1 gold and 1 silver (I cancel all Team Event medals as this whole thing is a joke for me). Not to mention majority of TAT students didn't retire before 20.

Which made me realise that Evgenia is THE ONLY Eteri's student (current or ex) who is still competing and not a teenager. She broke the curse

bubblecherry

Final Flight
TBH I can't find anything about Zhenya in Team T post. :scratch2: I kind of only find it funny that they criticise Plushenko for not having any accomplishments and 2 sentences before they criticised TAT for being TAT who on the other hand is one of the most accomplished coaches and choreographers in history of Russian figure skating. TAT's students won 8 Olympic gold medals while Eteri had 1 gold and 1 silver (I cancel all Team Event medals as this whole thing is a joke for me). Not to mention majority of TAT students didn't retire before 20.

At the end of the day, all of these adults need to stop using young girls, and even children, as pawns in their drama.

That's a message for everything that has happened the past 2 days, no matter what anyone believes about all of the matters.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Which made me realise that Evgenia is THE ONLY Eteri's student (current or ex) who is still competing and not a teenager. She broke the curse

She broke the curse because she left. If she hadn’t, I can’t tell you where she would be now but it wouldn‘t be skating competitively for sure. Reflecting on what happened the past days (I‘m still in denial bc while I did think the writing was on the wall I’m still shocked to actually see it happen) I‘m even more grateful that Zhenya did what she did. Sure enough, everyone has their own journey and I‘ll respect that. But what Evgenia did required immense bravery and most importantly, a love for her sport that I think very few can actually match.

In light of recent news I couldn‘t help but realise how truly special Zhenya really is. I‘m not belittling anyone because like I said, everyone has their own journey and that‘s ok, just pointing that out about her in her fanfest. At the point of the OG, she had been competing for three seasons and had both her body as well as her mind on the way to a burnout. (Her body was already there, imo) Instead of retiring which she could have done, however, she made the most drastic change of her life to keep skating. She dealt with the stress of the post Olympic season, the.. well, intense reactions to her leaving and the difficult phase of rebuilding her technique and healing her body. And she‘s now in her fifth senior season. That‘s literally insane. I have no idea where her journey will lead her and I‘m very aware it probably won‘t lead her on the Worlds or Euros team this season. But what she did was more important than any of that could ever be. She‘s showed that there‘s a life in competitive skating after being an “expired“ product of a certain factory. That you can go on and skate and improve even when your time‘s supposed to be over. I won‘t make any predictions because in skating that‘s always futile. But I sure hope that if there comes a time when others will have to choose like Evgenia had to after the OG, they will remember her and say: “Okay, maybe I can try as well.“

Scott512

Record Breaker
I don’t know what is Liza YT’ channel but some people comment on twitter that the video reappeared in its original version. So with those horrible things about Zhenya. So I hope it will be removed soon. It’s quite unpleasant and Zhenya doesn’t deserve it.

The video reappeared? That's too bad the whole thing is unfortunate.

Scott512

Record Breaker

Interesting post. The reality is there is talent coming up under 14 that will push 3A out of the way in a few years the way it has Zhenya and now Alina. This is an unbelievable cycle they have going with no end in sight. TAT was a great coach but that's a long time ago when Russia was dominating figure skating outside the ladies. Now it's the other way around.

Zhenya will need to add that quad next season and I think she can and it will make her much more competitive than she already is. Look what aliona is doing witjout a quad.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Well there isn't a day that they leave Zhenya in peace. Team T has just crossed the line of professional ethics .... I guess they won't come out to say that they also hacked their account.

When they refer to the great love of TAT they refer to Zhenya. But in reality everything they say about other people is also horrible. Honestly that group is capable of doing anything. It's unfortunate.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6D-cYfJcYy/?igshid=183fnpax9puyf

I can't make anything out because it's in Russian but looking at Eteri she looks pissed. But that's sort of her normal look anyway. I don't know what was said or done about evgenia but she just shakes off anything no matter what it is or isn't or was or wasn't. I wish I could be like that in life but I'm not to be honest.

Greengemmonster

On the Ice
I think Eteri is quite a piece of work who will no doubt have another set of juniors to cannibalize when the current crop of wunderkidz grow up (come on it's a pattern of 3 now, I don't know how anyone can deny it anymore) but I've read two translations and I'm confident they have said nothing about Zhenya this time.

Zhenya was so so so prudent and pragmatic in her decision to go to Brian. One of the best calls ever for the longevity of her career I think.

May she do her best at RusNats and be left out of the crazy.

Placebo11

On the Ice
It was not against zhenya, read the translation in the Russian ladies . Really guys not everything eteri and team says or does is a slight against zhenya . Pleade stop jumping to conclusions

I still find this post disrespectful cause they attack TAT and Plushenko.

Watch

Final Flight
I think Eteri is quite a piece of work who will no doubt have another set of juniors to cannibalize when the current crop of wunderkidz grow up (come on it's a pattern of 3 now, I don't know how anyone can deny it anymore) but I've read two translations and I'm confident they have said nothing about Zhenya this time.

Zhenya was so so so prudent and pragmatic in her decision to go to Brian. One of the best calls ever for the longevity of her career I think.

May she do her best at RusNats and be left out of the crazy.

Amen. Hope this crazy cat fight won't touch Zhenya and she can skate at rusnats in peace.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Medvyedeva is still a Sambo-70 skater, the organisation that is directly involved in any affairs concerning Khrustalniy rink.

Any retaliatory actions against Sambo-70 can have a direct influence on Medvyedeva.

I doubt any of the skaters are actively concerned over the mud slinging, but they should have received an instruction to avoid any dealings with the press or answering questions.

pandatours

On the Ice
I’m so relieved that Plushenko didn’t mention Evgenia in his very wordy response. As usual it is adults doing the most when skaters know that drama benefits no one.

Alina mentioned that she trained from 6am to 9pm. I can only imagine the struggle for Evgenia to adapt to trying to train quality over quantity, knowing what 3A are capable of. I said this about Marin but I think it definitely applies to Evgenia too: When you face setbacks it is always little by little that you fight your way back. Doesn’t always mean it’s back to what you were, just back to a place where you’re content. No matter what, Zhenya chose to fight for her career, for her passion.

Last year was rough in many ways, but with all of the drama I think, honestly, that last year was a gift. Because she is still skating through the rough times, because she is healthier and happier.

Maia96

On the Ice
She broke the curse because she left. If she hadn’t, I can’t tell you where she would be now but it wouldn‘t be skating competitively for sure. Reflecting on what happened the past days (I‘m still in denial bc while I did think the writing was on the wall I’m still shocked to actually see it happen) I‘m even more grateful that Zhenya did what she did. Sure enough, everyone has their own journey and I‘ll respect that. But what Evgenia did required immense bravery and most importantly, a love for her sport that I think very few can actually match.

In light of recent news I couldn‘t help but realise how truly special Zhenya really is. I‘m not belittling anyone because like I said, everyone has their own journey and that‘s ok, just pointing that out about her in her fanfest. At the point of the OG, she had been competing for three seasons and had both her body as well as her mind on the way to a burnout. (Her body was already there, imo) Instead of retiring which she could have done, however, she made the most drastic change of her life to keep skating. She dealt with the stress of the post Olympic season, the.. well, intense reactions to her leaving and the difficult phase of rebuilding her technique and healing her body. And she‘s now in her fifth senior season. That‘s literally insane. I have no idea where her journey will lead her and I‘m very aware it probably won‘t lead her on the Worlds or Euros team this season. But what she did was more important than any of that could ever be. She‘s showed that there‘s a life in competitive skating after being an “expired“ product of a certain factory. That you can go on and skate and improve even when your time‘s supposed to be over. I won‘t make any predictions because in skating that‘s always futile. But I sure hope that if there comes a time when others will have to choose like Evgenia had to after the OG, they will remember her and say: “Okay, maybe I can try as well.“

Thanks for this post Fluture! Many of us think the same.

Artemisa

Final Flight
I’m so relieved that Plushenko didn’t mention Evgenia in his very wordy response. As usual it is adults doing the most when skaters know that drama benefits no one.

Alina mentioned that she trained from 6am to 9pm. I can only imagine the struggle for Evgenia to adapt to trying to train quality over quantity, knowing what 3A are capable of. I said this about Marin but I think it definitely applies to Evgenia too: When you face setbacks it is always little by little that you fight your way back. Doesn’t always mean it’s back to what you were, just back to a place where you’re content. No matter what, Zhenya chose to fight for her career, for her passion.

Last year was rough in many ways, but with all of the drama I think, honestly, that last year was a gift. Because she is still skating through the rough times, because she is healthier and happier.

I think medvedva is from a different material ... she likes the fight , the battle, she never gives up, she was born to win .. even when everything is against her (that's we can trust that if her SP isn't great she won't give up) ... I think alina doesn't have that ... the victories of alina are the result of her hard work not that kind of fire ...
I think in Eteri's group only trusova has the same fire ... Kostornaia fights but with a calculate risk .. and I don't think scherbakova has that kind of fire she is fragil to have that kind of passion

NoviceFan

Triple Something-Triple Looping
Medalist
I think our friends from RLT will now, once and for all, stop questioning Zhenya’s funding as a member of the National Team. I mean, another skater will continue to receive funding even while on an indefinite hiatus from competition, so it seems preposterous to question funding given to one who is actively competing.

At last, no more posts about someone’s grandmother’s pension being undercut by Zhenya’s funding as a member of the National Team! Rejoice, Zhenya fans! :yahoo:

Aichwan

Rinkside
I think our friends from RLT will now, once and for all, stop questioning Zhenya’s funding as a member of the National Team. I mean, another skater will continue to receive funding even while on an indefinite hiatus from competition, so it seems preposterous to question funding given to one who is actively competing.

At last, no more posts about someone’s grandmother’s pension being undercut by Zhenya’s funding as a member of the National Team! Rejoice, Zhenya fans! :yahoo:

AMEN!
I hope they stop questioning everything that is related to her.
Zhenya has been put into such a horrible situation with all the gossip and bad propaganda she received after the Olympics. Its just godamn awful.
So sick and tired of all this negativity. I just want to watch some talented athletes do their thing, is that too much to ask? :(