Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1407 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

vixen0089

On the Ice
Finally went to go look at the video, and, oh, it is mesmerising. On Ice Perspectives really does such a fantastic job of bringing the skates to the screen in a very different way, and Windmills of Your Mind is one of my favourite of Evgenia's exhibitions, so this is such a treat to watch. My only wish is that the video were longer!

It probably will be, Jordan commented “To be continued” :)

bubblecherry

Final Flight
I really fell for Windmills (skate canada vers.) about a month ago. It's probably one of the programs that shows off her musicality the best! I get chills about the last minute :love: Zhenya is really the only skater whose galas I can thoroughly enjoy. All of them. Some of them rival her competitive programs as well as other people's competitive programs. Experience (Worlds exhibition) has quickly became my favorite piece of skating... ever.

Also, I love to compare Windmills 2018 to Windmills 2019. As well as Experience 2018 to Experience 2019. The improvements in her skating is so clear. The improvements in her artistry are even more clear :love: The refinement in the choreo (of both) is just so... chefs kiss. Zhenya is a genius.

My ultimate dream (unrealistic, I know) is for Zhenya to make Experience into a free program (with the same theme!) during Olympic season :love: :love: :love: At the very least, I hope she keeps showing refined and refreshed versions of past exhibitions-- It's become one of my favorite things she does :)

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I love her exhibition skates, too. And I think Experience or Windmills would be great competitive programs.

What exhibition skate does everyone think should use as a competition program?

vixen0089

On the Ice
I love her exhibition skates, too. And I think Experience or Windmills would be great competitive programs.

What exhibition skate does everyone think should use as a competition program?

I love Experience, it’s my favourite one

Zamin

Rinkside
For me the GOAT of Zhenya's EX is still Kukushka. That could make an awesome FS. Soft spot for Beautiful Mess, but tbh it's such an intimate piece, for lack of a better word, that I don't think it's quite suited to a competitive routine.

Not that into Experience tbh. Maybe I'm just getting fed up with hearing Einaudi's music nearly every season. Mariah Bell skated to Experience last season, and Nastya Tarakanova the season before that... So I'm hoping for a bit more variety from Zhenya. That said I'm really hyped for her Alegria FS next season, as sad as I am to know that we won't be seing MOG anymore.

thatbeatingheart

On the Ice
Country
Germany
Are you having fun at Europeans?

Sorry I'm only seeing this now, but yes, I was having quite a blast! Some shocking events of course but mostly it was a great experience and a bunch of my faves were doing better than expected. Luckily Fluture was there so we could share our mental breakdowns. :drama:

(Also, special shoutout to Fluture's mom who got us autographs by TAT while the two of us were mortified by her passing us by. :laugh: I still can't believe it.)

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sorry I'm only seeing this now, but yes, I was having quite a blast! Some shocking events of course but mostly it was a great experience and a bunch of my faves were doing better than expected. Luckily Fluture was there so we could share our mental breakdowns. :drama:

(Also, special shoutout to Fluture's mom who got us autographs by TAT while the two of us were mortified by her passing us by. :laugh: I still can't believe it.)

Wow! I'm glad you had a great time and the autograph from Tat!! :)

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I should be working, but I had to share the exciting news that the journal in ordered from Zhenya's online shop arrived!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B77F1KlJaOl

I love it! :luv17: Although the postman neglected to leave the first pick-up card so I only got the "Urgent pick up" one! It almost got returned to sender! So yes, good thing they sent 2 cards.

NoviceFan

Triple Something-Triple Looping
Medalist
I should be working, but I had to share the exciting news that the journal in ordered from Zhenya's online shop arrived!

I love it! :luv17: Although the postman neglected to leave the first pick-up card so I only got the "Urgent pick up" one! It almost got returned to sender! So yes, good thing they sent 2 cards.

Super cool! :love:

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I just rewatched Shanghai Trophy the medal ceremony and the short program. She was so happy on the podium. :)

Fluture

Record Breaker

Hahaha, yes, definitely, I already miss it! And I don‘t want to imagine what would have happened if Zhenya had been there. I think we would have died watching her compete. :laugh:

Znowflake

On the Ice
Looks like the world team is out and they didn’t put medvedeva as an alternate... too bad was hoping she would somehow get there...

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
Guys zhenya herself said her season is over (there may be some b competitions)but why exactly did you think she would be named alternative , she herself as well as alina declared there a competition season over.