Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1420 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

Fluture

Record Breaker
Omg how amazing and sweet. Skaters and coaches from Ecuador are excited to meet Zhenya at the seminar :)
https://www.instagram.com/p/B9G-sFXgijM/?igshid=1ovnugj6jtnag
https://twitter.com/PypichkiR/status/1233381947986059265?s=20
"My students and I admire and love you so much. You are our #1" :luv17: so sweet

Do I feel like crying? Yes. I LOVE THAT. Like, wow, it‘s so amazing to see how she inspires skaters and coaches alike from all over the world. THIS is what this is all about, THIS is what‘s important.

Coach Zhenya! Looking strong. :clap:

Fluture

Record Breaker
Brian said in a new interview that Zhenya has been training full time after she came back from Russia and that she will also be training full time after Mexico and will start preparing her new programs for the new season soon.
https://rsport.ria.ru/amp/20200228/1565316983.html?__twitter_impression=true

New programS? :biggrin: So, SP, too. What do you think, what kind of music will she choose? And who will be the choreographer for the SP and the FS? I liked the Averbukh and Shae-Lynn combo she had this year. If I had to make a wish, I‘d hope for those two again. :)

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
New programS? :biggrin: So, SP, too. What do you think, what kind of music will she choose? And who will be the choreographer for the SP and the FS? I liked the Averbukh and Shae-Lynn combo she had this year. If I had to make a wish, I‘d hope for those two again. :)
Maybe a James Bond x Billie Eilish program? :biggrin: Zhenya certainly loved the track
Still waiting for a Rach 2 program. The music would suit Zhenya perfectly. Age of Innocence would also be a great piece of music.
I would also love a Shae-Lynn and Averbukh combo, however, I also would not complain if she did a whole program with Jeffrey Buttle :D

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
All of those vids just makes me miss her more. Can't wait for show footage! 😍

Fluture

Record Breaker
What‘s impressive is that this seminar is held in Toluca which has apparently has the highest altitude in Mexico, at 2680m above sea level. For comparison Toronto (which Zhenya is used to) has 76! And yet she‘s still jumping triples and coaching an entire day, basically non-stop. That‘s... :bow:

Fluture

Record Breaker
Weloveskating posted on instagram that Zhenya gave him a thumbs up for his off-ice 2A with a Tano.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9H9KLHpk97/?igshid=1hjnrp7zwuloh

And on his story he said that he attempted an off-ice 3A and she was really supportive and encouraging, telling him that he could do this. He said she‘s a great coach. It doesn‘t surprise me tbh but it‘s so amazing nonetheless to read all these reports. :luv17:

McBibus

On the Ice
She loves skating and that love is transparent
She has great communication skills
She can be a good coach.

About the seminar I think the most beautiful think is that a day on ica with Zenya is a dream come true for every young skater.
It's a gift

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
She loves skating and that love is transparent
She has great communication skills
She can be a good coach.

About the seminar I think the most beautiful think is that a day on ica with Zenya is a dream come true for every young skater.
It's a gift

It would be great if these seminars become a more frequent occurrence. It would be a dream for many Zhenya fans to share the ice with her.

halulupu

Final Flight
What‘s impressive is that this seminar is held in Toluca which has apparently has the highest altitude in Mexico, at 2680m above sea level. For comparison Toronto (which Zhenya is used to) has 76! And yet she‘s still jumping triples and coaching an entire day, basically non-stop. That‘s... :bow:

I find it a bit weird. I mean great for this guys to have Zhenya as their coach. She is going to Mexico to held a 1 day training seminar? I hope she is not running out of money or so

Fluture

Record Breaker
I find it a bit weird. I mean great for this guys to have Zhenya as their coach. She is going to Mexico to held a 1 day training seminar? I hope she is not running out of money or so

It‘s not just a seminar, it‘s also a meet and greet and there will be a gala where Zhenya and other skaters will skate. The tickets are pretty expensive.

And:

1. Even if she was running out of money, it wouldn‘t be our business

2. I doubt it. She‘s just recently released a new line of clothes for her online shop, indicating that the first one was a success. She’s held a masterclass before, in Russia in January this year, sponsored by Nike and some real estate company. She will be the main star of the Sailor Moon show in Japan and has done the Averbukh Wizard of Oz show as well.

I think she wouldn‘t have done the seminar if she had been selected for Worlds but since that isn‘t the case, what‘s the problem? Brian said she‘s been training regularly, a few days off to do this shouldn‘t be an issue. She goes there, coaches, does the meet and greet, skates the gala and leaves. It’s as easy as that but in the process there will be a dozen skaters and coaches likewise who are inspired for the future.

To me it‘s obvious that Zhenya loves to skate most of all. And of course she does need to look after her finances, she‘s explained it herself in a mature way. Skating is her job, she does it with pleasure so she‘s happy but she doesn‘t skate “just for fun“.

So, I imagine she will be paid for this seminar. But, so what? She is an inspiration to the younger generation and I think it‘s amazing that she helps motivate the skaters in countries where skating isn‘t exactly hugely popular. I don‘t think she‘s doing it only for money. That‘s not her.

Besides, I‘m still of the opinion that she doesn‘t need it. I don‘t know why this comes up every few months. Yes, training under Brian is expensive. But Zhenya is one of the most popular skaters at the moment. She is still part of the Russian National Team. She gets tons of opportunities and is living her best life while STILL managing to find the motivation to train and compete at the elite level.

I wouldn’t worry about her. That she‘s doing this seminar shows more to me that she really, really loves this sport. And it makes me admire her even more in turn.