Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1421 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

Vemvane

On the Ice
What‘s impressive is that this seminar is held in Toluca which has apparently has the highest altitude in Mexico, at 2680m above sea level. For comparison Toronto (which Zhenya is used to) has 76! And yet she‘s still jumping triples and coaching an entire day, basically non-stop. That‘s... :bow:

She must be fantastically fit! Moscow is only about 150m about sea level, so it's not as if she's been used to altitude before either.

She loves skating and that love is transparent
She has great communication skills
She can be a good coach.

About the seminar I think the most beautiful think is that a day on ica with Zenya is a dream come true for every young skater.
It's a gift

It would be pretty cool if she did become a coach when she decides she is done with competitive skating. And it is lovely that she can make the dreams of young skaters come true, with her seminars. I agree with Jeanie - offering seminars regularly during the off-season would be really great, though possibly a bit tiring for her. Teaching can take a lot out of you, between organising and preparing for the class, and then actually standing up there, presenting it and interacting with your students, and giving them feedback on their efforts.

I find it a bit weird. I mean great for this guys to have Zhenya as their coach. She is going to Mexico to held a 1 day training seminar? I hope she is not running out of money or so

I think it's more than a single day; I don't know how long the seminar is, but there is also a gala and an off ice meet and greet, I believe. Think of it as outreach, if you will - Evgenia is acting as an ambassador for figure skating, and for some young skaters this is an opportunity of a lifetime, to share the same ice with a two time World and European Champion, a GPF winner, and the reigning Olympic silver medalist. I doubt that she's running out of money, but if someone asked me to give a seminar overseas in my field, sure, I'd jump at the opportunity - and make sure I was being paid for the time and effort I was putting in to it.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What makes me the most happy about the seminars, ice shows, her merchandise and her desire to design costumes is that she is staying in the limelight. Plus as a fan, I know that when she does retire from competitive skating, she has a future with ice skating. When she got silver at the Olympics, I cried thinking that I would never see her again. Now two years later, I think I will see her for a long long time. I definitely think she will become a coach someday.
So I'm happy. :yay:

Fluture

Record Breaker
https://www.instagram.com/p/B9JiQuTpWZm/?igshid=2z1xec4nio13

You know what to do. ;)

Here are Zhenya‘s jumps from today. The first one is an off-axis 3Lo that she somehow still managed to land without falling. UR but still. That‘s a lesson too. How to save a jump when you feel something‘s off. :biggrin:

A beautiful 3F as well. Here‘s another angle:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9J--UhJvHq/?igshid=1vj7nca22uhkr

Coach Zhenya in action. From a Mexican coach‘s instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9KBBIpB5sV/?igshid=myp66xo1fk6j

More from coach Zhenya:

“Okay. I know not everyone here‘s doing 2A but you can so you have to put everything (I say) in your mind. Same for Salchow. Who‘s doing singles? Doubles? Who‘s doing triples?“ At this rate, the skaters will be leaving her camp with all their triple jumps. :laugh2:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9KCUJ8oDYH/?igshid=1fpdf4e1dylor

Last edited:

Fluture

Record Breaker

Rexarcadia

On the Ice
Quote from somewhere there:

"Yes! I’m taking the seminar! And she is really nice. we are a lot of people on the ice but she tries to see and correct everyone. One little girl fell down ( not badly) and she went to her and hugged her and rubbed her knee, it was pretty cute!"

She's so wonderful :luv17:

Rexarcadia

On the Ice
Side note: has Zhenya ever said anything about interest in coaching in the future? Based on what we've seen it seems like she would be great at it. She's supportive, gentle yet demanding, and has great leadership ability.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Side note: has Zhenya ever said anything about interest in coaching in the future? Based on what we've seen it seems like she would be great at it. She's supportive, gentle yet demanding, and has great leadership ability.

Zhenya mentioned 2-3 years ago in an interview that she wants to become a coach and choreographer :)

Maia96

On the Ice
We won't have a World Championship but we are having more content than in a World Championship.

Happy to see Zhenya on the ice :love:

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
Someone asked Katya Bobrova about Zhenya on insta, and she said she'll be there for her birthday. That is 28th of March!

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Someone asked Katya Bobrova about Zhenya on insta, and she said she'll be there for her birthday. That is 28th of March!
Not surprising. The "Russia forward!" Ice Show that was announced a few months ago and in which Zhenya will take part in is on March 29 :) So she will probably arrive a few days earlier.

Last edited:

Fluture

Record Breaker
Not surprising. The "Russia forward!" Ice Show that was announced a few months ago and in which Zhenya will take part in is on March 29 :) So she will probably arrive a few days earlier.

Quoting just because your reason to edit is cracking me up. :laugh:

Btw, weloveskating‘s in line for the gala and he said he can hear Sailor Moon music. And after sharing that, I‘ll go to sleep too. Good night everyone. :bed:

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
I find it a bit weird. I mean great for this guys to have Zhenya as their coach. She is going to Mexico to held a 1 day training seminar? I hope she is not running out of money or so

It's 3 days + Gala + Meet & Greet. That company is aiming to do similar dynamics with many skaters. Javier was on the talks but got pushed back, Mirai did it in September and Julia and Elena will do it too (in April I believe).
I am so glad so many young skaters are getting the chance to learn from her. From what I've seen everyone is over the moon having her here, I just hope she is enjoying this as much as we are!
On my way to the Gala, I will let you know the details afteewards!