Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1433 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

vixen0089

On the Ice
I think the theme that complicates everything is the show's contract. If Zhenya risked not going to Japan thinking it might be canceled and then the show isn't canceled and she cannot travel that would have serious consequences. The organizers could make her a judgment and she could lose a lot of money. Even more than she has. She's the main character, she's not just another character in a show.

That might be true, but looking how the situation is developing right now, I don’t think she would be in trouble for not showing up... I think it’s very unlikely that the show will take place. She’s already getting a lot of negative comments because of this decision :-( A lot of countries closed their borders for a reason... Plus people keep posting Japan is not making many tests and the reality there is way worse than official numbers show [emoji32] I just really hope she and everyone else stay healthy and that this madness is over soon [emoji120]

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Not a very smart move IMO, since this 'situation' might last well into the summer or who knows for how long. Viruses mutate faster than the pharma industry can develop vaccines.

Placebo11

On the Ice
I think the theme that complicates everything is the show's contract. If Zhenya risked not going to Japan thinking it might be canceled and then the show isn't canceled and she cannot travel that would have serious consequences. The organizers could make her a judgment and she could lose a lot of money. Even more than she has. She's the main character, she's not just another character in a show.

But the show will never take place anyway. Everything is really weird.

Fluture

Record Breaker
That might be true, but looking how the situation is developing right now, I don’t think she would be in trouble for not showing up... I think it’s very unlikely that the show will take place. She’s already getting a lot of negative comments because of this decision :-( A lot of countries closed their borders for a reason... Plus people keep posting Japan is not making many tests and the reality there is way worse than official numbers show [emoji32] I just really hope she and everyone else stay healthy and that this madness is over soon [emoji120]

There must be a reason for her going. She wrote her and the team made that decision together, so it‘s not like she decided on her own that she‘d hop on a plane and travel. Maybe she risks losing money, maybe the organizers told her to come. But it‘s a rather strange situation. She, nor anybody, should be traveling right now!! I hope her and her team considered everything and have a serious reason for this.

She wrote she did self-quarantine after returning from the US to Canada for more than two weeks and I believe she will do the same in Japan. But then.. what if the situation doesn‘t improve? It‘s not just the show, she could risk not getting back to Canada (or Russia...) for a long time. That‘s risky and I‘m very worried. Just stay safe, Zhenya! :(

ejnsofi

Final Flight

The fact is we don't know how the contract looks like. As for now show isn't cancelled so it means Evgenia is obliged to follow what organisers expect from her - it would be no season no matter what and it's quite possible that she was expected to come at beginning of April. If she didn't show she'd probably BE in trouble as organisers could confront her legally and she could face some financial consequences and not only that...

Japan hasn't closed borders and lack of tests is problem everywhere not only in Japan. (I can generally write a whole thesis on how developed country manipulate statistics to look better on paper).

Also if contract is still on and they don't think about cancelling whole thing the organisers are really focused on their main star not getting sick.

vixen0089

On the Ice
There must be a reason for her going. She wrote her and the team made that decision together, so it‘s not like she decided on her own that she‘d hop on a plane and travel. Maybe she risks losing money, maybe the organizers told her to come. But it‘s a rather strange situation. She, nor anybody, should be traveling right now!! I hope her and her team considered everything and have a serious reason for this.

She wrote she did self-quarantine after returning from the US to Canada for more than two weeks and I believe she will do the same in Japan. But then.. what if the situation doesn‘t improve? It‘s not just the show, she could risk not getting back to Canada (or Russia...) for a long time. That‘s risky and I‘m very worried. Just stay safe, Zhenya! :(

True. I think with this decision she must have been aware that in case the show will not be cancelled, she needs to stay in Japan until then. She wrote about border closure between Canada and Japan, so I guess for now no returning back?

The fact is we don't know how the contract looks like. As for now show isn't cancelled so it means Evgenia is obliged to follow what organisers expect from her - it would be no season no matter what and it's quite possible that she was expected to come at beginning of April. If she didn't show she'd probably BE in trouble as organisers could confront her legally and she could face some financial consequences and not only that...

Japan hasn't closed borders and lack of tests is problem everywhere not only in Japan. (I can generally write a whole thesis on how developed country manipulate statistics to look better on paper).

Also if contract is still on and they don't think about cancelling whole thing the organisers are really focused on their main star not getting sick.

Maybe you’re right, but as you wrote, we don’t know that... The fact with the tests is true, that’s why I think even more that it’s better to #stayhome and not to travel, but as we all here, I also want to be believe she really had a reason to go, otherwise she wouldn’t do that. I’m just worried and I want Evgenia to stay healthy.

sailormoon

On the Ice
Country
Japan
I wonder if Zhenya has arrangements with the show organizers to have some rink time. And I wonder if the other foreign cast members like Jason are planning to do the same. If they intend to go on with the show, they'll definitely need practice time.

Some ice rinks are being reopened after they were temporarily closed down or their opening hours were shortened. Evgenia may be able to find some rink time if her organizers look for ice rinks outside Tokyo, which is heavily affected by the outbreak. For example, the Saitama Ice Arena she once visited for a TV show is open only for reserved customers from April 1, while it is not open to the public. Maybe she can find enough time to practice the next season's programs when her home rink in Canada is closed down. Since she is the main cast of the ice show, she has to be there no matter what and her expenses in Japan will be covered. But European and American skaters are currently unable to enter the country as the entry ban was imposed last week.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm watching the rebroadcast of the men's short program of 2018 Worlds. Misha Ge is so artistic. I love his choreography for Zhenya's Tosca. I hope he and Evgenia work together again. :pray:

Scott512

Record Breaker
Not a very smart move IMO, since this 'situation' might last well into the summer or who knows for how long. Viruses mutate faster than the pharma industry can develop vaccines.
Agreed Edwin.

And this virus mutates faster than any I've ever seen. Zhenya should stay put wherever she is and wait this out even if it takes several weeks or several months. Isn't she even forbidden to travel by what's going on in Canada? I know it's very hard for her to sit still for such a long. Of time because she's always doing something. But it doesn't matter if you were Regular Joe or Joanne like we are or Superstar like she is you have to stay put and let this pass where you live. Good health to Zhenya and all her coaches and team..

mdl

On the Ice
Agreed Edwin.

And this virus mutates faster than any I've ever seen. Zhenya should stay put wherever she is and wait this out even if it takes several weeks or several months. Isn't she even forbidden to travel by what's going on in Canada? I know it's very hard for her to sit still for such a long. Of time because she's always doing something. But it doesn't matter if you were Regular Joe or Joanne like we are or Superstar like she is you have to stay put and let this pass where you live. Good health to Zhenya and all her coaches and team..

Well, Zhenya and her team have same information in hands about the situation with the virus like we do and I'm sure they have considered all details, pro and cons prior taking any decision. And obviously there was no travel ban since she was able to go.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Canada's border is closed to all but citizens, permanent residents, close family members of citizens/PRs, and "essential services" from the US.

The essential services thing is necessary because the US and Canada's economies are so closely integrated. A lot of medical staff in the Detroit area are Canadians who live in the Windsor area. There are even doctors who practice in hospitals on both sides of the border. I think they're still allowed to go back and forth but not to practice (at least in person) in both countries. And without all those trucks, how would Canadians get their avocados and fresh kale from California? Priorities, people.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Well, Zhenya and her team have same information in hands about the situation with the virus like we do and I'm sure they have considered all details, pro and cons prior taking any decision. And obviously there was no travel ban since she was able to go.

You make a pertinent point. But there should have been a travel ban since Canada has lots of Coronavirus. Unfortunately people traveling the world the last few months has really helped spread coronavirus like wildfire.

And when you say pros and cons with coronavirus and international travel at this time in world history there are only cons.. The only way to get rid of this virus is for people to stay still to stay put even if that means for months. It's working in California. But it's not working with New York has tens of thousands of them have migrated down to Florida and brought the coronavirus here in the last month.

We can only hope that Zhenya stays safe in her International travels. I hope she has one of those official masks that really protects you. I wear disposable mask that I bought on eBay You buy 20 of them for like $20. Will that protect me from this virus? Probably not. But it may keep some coughing and sneezing germs out of my nasal passages or mouth.

I also wonder what team is Evgenia bringing with her. I doubt it will be any of her coaches or choreographers. We will find out soon enough.

mdl

On the Ice
You make a pertinent point. But there should have been a travel ban since Canada has lots of Coronavirus. Unfortunately people traveling the world the last few months has really helped spread coronavirus like wildfire.

And when you say pros and cons with coronavirus and international travel at this time in world history there are only cons.. The only way to get rid of this virus is for people to stay still to stay put even if that means for months. It's working in California. But it's not working with New York has tens of thousands of them have migrated down to Florida and brought the coronavirus here in the last month.

We can only hope that Zhenya stays safe in her International travels. I hope she has one of those official masks that really protects you. I wear disposable mask that I bought on eBay You buy 20 of them for like $20. Will that protect me from this virus? Probably not. But it may keep some coughing and sneezing germs out of my nasal passages or mouth.

I also wonder what team is Evgenia bringing with her. I doubt it will be any of her coaches or choreographers. We will find out soon enough.

At the moment Canada and Japan are far way below USA in the list with coronavirus cases...In some countries the virus is spreading much faster than in others, also the measures different governments are taking quite vary...

In no way I belittle the problem, but it should be also taken into account that Zhenya has contracts, the conditions of which are out of our knowledge, but for sure matter and have significant impact. Mainly this i refered saying abt pro and cons...After all,she is main cast and who knows, may be she is obliged to be there..We do not have the full picture to judge and to call it not clever, only Zhenya and her team have and I trust their decision.

Anyway, lets hope she and also we all stay safe and healthy :)

Supernovaimplosion

Final Flight
I do think it was a bad idea to go to japan. I think the contract is a big part of it. She's probably still contractually obligated to do it, even if the show is likely to be cancelled. It hasn't yet so she still has to do it. What are her costars doing? Isn't the show in June? That's early to be going there.
I don't know like I don't think it was a good idea to travel, but I guess she decided she had to. I probably just wouldn't have posted it to instagram though

Fluture

Record Breaker
Evgenia got a sponsorship from Acuvue. :)

She looks good. :)

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B-hhDnEBQS1/?igshid=1sc57ff4thbec

I do think it was a bad idea to go to japan. I think the contract is a big part of it. She's probably still contractually obligated to do it, even if the show is likely to be cancelled. It hasn't yet so she still has to do it. What are her costars doing? Isn't the show in June? That's early to be going there.
I don't know like I don't think it was a good idea to travel, but I guess she decided she had to. I probably just wouldn't have posted it to instagram though

I think she had to post it on Instagram because with her level of fame, someone was going to find out eventually and the backlash would have been even bigger. I think she knows it isn‘t the right thing to do but also had to go to Japan (probably because of the contract. We don‘t nor should we know the details to that) and felt explaining herself beforehand would be better. I‘m not happy about the situation, I think it‘s wrong to travel right now but I can understand that she will have her reasons.

Also, the show is in June, yes, but borders are closing, so this was practically her last chance. Idk. I‘m just worried and wish she was safe at home in Canada.

Maia96

On the Ice
She looks good. :)

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B-hhDnEBQS1/?igshid=1sc57ff4thbec

I think she had to post it on Instagram because with her level of fame, someone was going to find out eventually and the backlash would have been even bigger. I think she knows it isn‘t the right thing to do but also had to go to Japan (probably because of the contract. We don‘t nor should we know the details to that) and felt explaining herself beforehand would be better. I‘m not happy about the situation, I think it‘s wrong to travel right now but I can understand that she will have her reasons.

Also, the show is in June, yes, but borders are closing, so this was practically her last chance. Idk. I‘m just worried and wish she was safe at home in Canada.

I agree with you. If she didn't say it and the news came to light, then the repercussion and speculation about why did she go to japan would have been bigger.

We don't know the clauses of the contract but it seems clear that it's precisely the contract that forced her decision to go to Japan. The show hasn't yet been canceled and until it's canceled she must comply with what she signed.