Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1434 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

Scott512

Record Breaker
At the moment Canada and Japan are far way below USA in the list with coronavirus cases...In some countries the virus is spreading much faster than in others, also the measures different governments are taking quite vary...

In no way I belittle the problem, but it should be also taken into account that Zhenya has contracts, the conditions of which are out of our knowledge, but for sure matter and have significant impact. Mainly this i refered saying abt pro and cons...After all,she is main cast and who knows, may be she is obliged to be there..We do not have the full picture to judge and to call it not clever, only Zhenya and her team have and I trust their decision.

Anyway, lets hope she and also we all stay safe and healthy :)
Well said.

I do think it was a bad idea to go to japan. I think the contract is a big part of it. She's probably still contractually obligated to do it, even if the show is likely to be cancelled. It hasn't yet so she still has to do it. What are her costars doing? Isn't the show in June? That's early to be going there.
I don't know like I don't think it was a good idea to travel, but I guess she decided she had to. I probably just wouldn't have posted it to instagram though
Agreed.

Fluture

Record Breaker

Fluture

Record Breaker
Also, another work-out video from Zhenya. She‘s trying the “core crusher challenge“ by Cristiano Ronaldo.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-mxHAzBAHb/?igshid=1qvtu1w4ksblx

Here‘s her doing it. First time I‘ve seen Zhenya out of breath. :laugh: But she persevered through. I wouldn‘t have been able to talk at the end of that, probably lol.

Now I really want to try this but I fear my record would be embarrassing. :laugh2:

Rexarcadia

On the Ice
https://www.instagram.com/p/B-mwEuvIw07/?igshid=1kdqa3rq1xc7p

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-mt8j_ptBS/?igshid=6a03q7uno94o

Aliona talking about Zhenya during her live stream:

”It was the pre-Olympic season, I saw how she trained, I saw how hard it was for her. I have never seen such strength of character as that of Zhenya.“

This is quite a compliment, honestly!! Makes me so happy to see that her former training mates are still admiring Zhenya. :yes:

I love how Aliona and Sasha always have nice things to say about Zhenya. She is respected by everyone who's worked with her. I think it really speaks to how good a person she is :)

Fluture

Record Breaker
I love how Aliona and Sasha always have nice things to say about Zhenya. She is respected by everyone who's worked with her. I think it really speaks to how good a person she is :)

Yes! And that makes me admire them even more. Because I think we all remember the very obvious attempt to alienate Zhenya from her former training mates after she changed coaches and cause bad blood. It is encouraging to see that these skaters, despite their young age, have their own mind, still see her the way she is and aren‘t afraid to say so. Amazing girls. :)

Also: more love for Zhenya from a Chinese fan. :luv17:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-nL4NRIZXi/?igshid=d8dynx8nayqz

McBibus

On the Ice
Aliona talking about Zhenya during her live stream:

”It was the pre-Olympic season, I saw how she trained, I saw how hard it was for her. I have never seen such strength of character as that of Zhenya.“

What she showed in her most difficult times is the reason I admire her now more that when she was winning everything.
I'm happy Aliona see Zenya so much the way I do

Placebo11

On the Ice
Zhenya posted on IG that she's in her 1st week of quarantine in Japan and that she decided to stay there because it's safer for her, her mother and people around her.

Fluture

Record Breaker
https://www.instagram.com/p/B-o7xZ9pdCz/?igshid=3pii8o2qubs

Here is her message. What I found particularly interesting is this:

”Stay home if you have an opportunity. Because I hadn’t.“

This shows everything I needed to know. This is not a simple “trip“ for Zhenya. She had to go to Japan, there was a reason why she couldn’t stay in Canada and why she likely couldn‘t stay in Russia either. I still think traveling is bad right now but at least this makes it clearer that she had to do it.

In one way, I‘m relieved. On the other hand, I‘m even more worried than before and hope she is safe. :pray:

What she showed in her most difficult times is the reason I admire her now more that when she was winning everything.
I'm happy Aliona see Zenya so much the way I do

I agree. The way she deals with adversity is very inspiring. There‘s this grit, this determination to her that she‘s always had. But I think in the last two years she gained a certain sort of calmness too.

Of course, I‘m not going to lie; the last two seasons where an absolute roller coaster as a fan. It was easier when she was winning everything. But of course it’s the losses that reveal us. The Olympics were heartbreaking. But the way she acted, her sportsmanship and class made me even more of a fan. Then the coaching change and everything that came along with it... it was tough, even for me, so I don‘t know what Evgenia herself must have felt. But she made it through it. Especially last season. Skate Canada SP and IdF and RusNats had me doubting and worrying for her like I never had before. But she fought and she emerged stronger after so many had said: “she‘s done!“ That takes strength of character beyond imagination.

And I‘m glad other skaters and especially her former teammates see her the way I do. And since Aliona is my second absolute favorite, this made me especially happy. :)

mdl

On the Ice
https://www.instagram.com/p/B-o7xZ9pdCz/?igshid=3pii8o2qubs

Here is her message. What I found particularly interesting is this:

”Stay home if you have an opportunity. Because I hadn’t.“

This shows everything I needed to know. This is not a simple “trip“ for Zhenya. She had to go to Japan, there was a reason why she couldn’t stay in Canada and why she likely couldn‘t stay in Russia either. I still think traveling is bad right now but at least this makes it clearer that she had to do it.

In one way, I‘m relieved. On the other hand, I‘m even more worried than before and hope she is safe. :pray:

I agree. The way she deals with adversity is very inspiring. There‘s this grit, this determination to her that she‘s always had. But I think in the last two years she gained a certain sort of calmness too.

Of course, I‘m not going to lie; the last two seasons where an absolute roller coaster as a fan. It was easier when she was winning everything. But of course it’s the losses that reveal us. The Olympics were heartbreaking. But the way she acted, her sportsmanship and class made me even more of a fan. Then the coaching change and everything that came along with it... it was tough, even for me, so I don‘t know what Evgenia herself must have felt. But she made it through it. Especially last season. Skate Canada SP and IdF and RusNats had me doubting and worrying for her like I never had before. But she fought and she emerged stronger after so many had said: “she‘s done!“ That takes strength of character beyond imagination.

And I‘m glad other skaters and especially her former teammates see her the way I do. And since Aliona is my second absolute favorite, this made me especially happy. :)

agree, great post that says everything and ends all speculations and insinuations on this topic :)

kwalker

Rinkside
Zhenya posted on IG that she's in her 1st week of quarantine in Japan and that she decided to stay there because it's safer for her, her mother and people around her.

Hopefully she takes this quarantine more seriously than the one she completed in Canada, or rather didn't complete since she was out and about getting her hair cut and posting pictures from craft stores.

Scott512

Record Breaker

Safer? I hope so and it's good that Zhenya is self quarantining. But after spending 20 hours on an airplane with hundreds of other people on it to fly halfway around the world I wonder about that. And didn't they just cancel the Summer Olympics in Japan? This is why flying from one country with coronavirus issues to another country with coronavirus issues that just cancelled the Olympics has people perplexed. I suppose after 14 days she will be able to train on ice somewhere in Japan but that is not a certainty. Everyone's health and patience around the world are being tested with this Coronavirus an unbelievably vicious illness which doesn't care about whether you are a great successful athlete like Evgenia is or just an average Joe. Or Joanne like most of us here. I hope that Zhenya made the correct move here. She must believe just that.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
Safer? I hope so and it's good that Zhenya is self quarantining. But after spending 20 hours on an airplane with hundreds of other people on it to fly halfway around the world I wonder about that. And didn't they just cancel the Summer Olympics in Japan? This is why flying from one country with coronavirus issues to another country with coronavirus issues that just cancelled the Olympics has people perplexed. I suppose after 14 days she will be able to train on ice somewhere in Japan but that is not a certainty. Everyone's health and patience around the world are being tested with this Coronavirus an unbelievably vicious illness which doesn't care about whether you are a great successful athlete like Evgenia is or just an average Joe. Or Joanne like most of us here. I hope that Zhenya made the correct move here. She must believe just that.
Read her message anyone with eyes can see and read that she writes stay at home if you can't cause I I can't which means she probably didn't have a choice but go to japan

Gesendet von meinem SM-T813 mit Tapatalk

Fluture

Record Breaker
Yes, the Olympics were canceled. No, no one knows why Evgenia traveled to Japan. People suspect it is because of reasons in her contract as the show wasn‘t yet officially canceled and she might have been required to fly over to Japan. She made the decision to post it online to prevent rumors from spreading but from the wording of her post it is obvious that she knows this is not the right thing to do. Because people kept speculating and accusing her she now posted a follow-up message, basically saying that you should stay at home if you get that chance because she didn‘t get it. So, no, according to what she shared with the public, she doesn‘t believe it‘s the best move possible, she believes it is the ONLY move for her and her mother‘s safety. For some reason, she cannot stay in Canada and probably cannot return to Russia either. Why? We don‘t know that and given the hate she had to endure the last few days, there will be a very good reason for her not to share it.

I wish these constant speculations would stop. I am NOT happy with the situation either and wish she would just stay put. I do NOT think traveling right now is good and I do NOT think it is right for Zhenya or anybody to do so. But I understand that she might have had reasons why it was necessary for her that go beyond our understanding and are private and I respect that. I think it‘s fine to worry about her but I‘d rather not read any accusations in her own fanfest. I‘m sure there are many places out there but this is not it.