Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1453 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

macy

Record Breaker
Evgenia shared a video of her original Olympic program on her Instagram story and captioned it “it was too good.” That raises the question for me again if it was ever actually her choice what she skated to at the Olympics or if her program layout was her choice. :(

i never knew part of Aliona's music was in that program! i also wonder what her caption means. but i have always been upset we never saw that dress in competition again, it was so perfect.

mdl

On the Ice
Evgenia shared a video of her original Olympic program on her Instagram story and captioned it “it was too good.” That raises the question for me again if it was ever actually her choice what she skated to at the Olympics or if her program layout was her choice. :(

agree, both points are questionable, moreover Aberbukh did not choreogpraph for the Crystal anymore since then...
as for the layout, TAT once said that at the OG Zhenya jumped what she has been said to jump (i.e Zhenya did not have a say in it..).

mdl

On the Ice
i never knew part of Aliona's music was in that program! i also wonder what her caption means. but i have always been upset we never saw that dress in competition again, it was so perfect.

the dress was gorgeous indeed :).
I think she used it in several shows.

Vemvane

On the Ice
Don‘t forget that tomorrow the ISU will stream the 2015 GPF ladies SP on their youtube channel. I‘m looking forward to seeing Zhenya‘s old programs again. :)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAf4P7TJrE1/?igshid=1hhpm9cql1s2l

I finally watched this, and will probably watch the FP tomorrow. It was lovely to see younger Satoko and Evgenia, and honestly, I'm in awe of how far figure skating has advanced in the last five years, in terms of how much the technical envelope has been pushed. I don't know that I'd seen that SP of Evgenia's before, and I was really impressed with how fast and light she was on the ice. The opening reminded me of her Exogenesis SP from this past season, and at some point I want to sit down and look at this 2015 GPF programme next to Exogenesis, just to take a look at how she has changed.

She has always been emotional on the ice, but I do think she has improved in the way she expresses herself and draws her audience in. Between being a newbie to figure skating and also not having watched much skating in the last couple of months, I kind of need to get my eye back in before being able to draw any technical comparisons, but I will say that she seemed faster in this 2015 programme than I remember her being more recently. Of course, that's an impression, and one that may change when I actually look at her programmes side by side, but, still, the lightness and airiness of her skating in 2015 definitely was striking. Right now, I just think she has clearly always had special qualities that move me when I watch her: she tells stories on the ice: she weaves a spell.

Thank you once again for the reminder, Fluture!

Vemvane

On the Ice
Everyone here has probably watched this before, but here's the ISU's recent upload on YouTube of the Worlds 2017 ladies SP, timestamped specifically for Evgenia's SP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewstaZRnpoE&t=18914s

I have to say, her opening combo really did make me catch my breath, tano (was the first jump a lutz? I am trying to remember how to identify the jumps) and then rippon on the toe. And her Biellmann spin was a thing of beauty.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Everyone here has probably watched this before, but here's the ISU's recent upload on YouTube of the Worlds 2017 ladies SP, timestamped specifically for Evgenia's SP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewstaZRnpoE&t=18914s

I have to say, her opening combo really did make me catch my breath, tano (was the first jump a lutz? I am trying to remember how to identify the jumps) and then rippon on the toe. And her Biellmann spin was a thing of beauty.

Flip was the first jump. I love this program. :)

TA91

Rinkside
Do you guys think Zhenya is still in Japan? I don't really get that vibe from her story updates anymore, and the trees in the stories she posted don't look like they would be in Japan, but I can't be sure. If she doesn't tell us, I honestly think that's better but I definitely do hope she can still train.