Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1454 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

mdl

On the Ice
Do you guys think Zhenya is still in Japan? I don't really get that vibe from her story updates anymore, and the trees in the stories she posted don't look like they would be in Japan, but I can't be sure. If she doesn't tell us, I honestly think that's better but I definitely do hope she can still train.

I think we will have to wait for some reliable information on the subject...but of course, i do hope she has the possibility to train.

soniagrandar

Rinkside
I do think she's still in Japan.
Some borders haven't opened totally yet.
The example of Shoma, he has to train in Japan bc he can't get a flight to Switzerland.

Rexarcadia

On the Ice
I'm proud of Zhenya for unfollowing Yagudin and posting a supportive comment on Adam's post. She's the only Russian skater to say something as far as I know. There should be zero tolerance for such hateful speech in FS (or anywhere for that matter) and I'm really glad she's taken a stand.

pete

On the Ice
I'm proud of Zhenya for unfollowing Yagudin and posting a supportive comment on Adam's post. She's the only Russian skater to say something as far as I know. There should be zero tolerance for such hateful speech in FS (or anywhere for that matter) and I'm really glad she's taken a stand.

I wonder why she hasn't unfollowed him when he made those comments about Jason. But well good that she did now.

Scott512

Record Breaker
I wonder why she hasn't unfollowed him when he made those comments about Jason. But well good that she did now.
In her heart it was the right thing for Zhenya to do. But I doubt it was an easy decision because Alexei Yagudin is a Russian legend and a figure skating legend and one of the greatest of all time. And Alexei may be some kind of friend or mentor to Evgenia in the past so many will see this as a courageous move for Zhenya as I do.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary

Aliev and Liza Tuk liked Adam's post too.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I know we are talking about it but I'm so impatient! When she can go back to Canada? What she is doing now can she train in Japan? etc, etc....:sad4:

pandatours

On the Ice
Now that Rika will be training with Brian for part of the year, I would like some Evgenia/Satoko/Rika content please

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
I know we are talking about it but I'm so impatient! When she can go back to Canada? What she is doing now can she train in Japan? etc, etc....:sad4:
Since Rika announced that she will start training at TCC in Canada in July once travel restrictions have lifted I except Zhenya will also be able to go back to Canada in July.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Wow, I didn't know about Rika.
I guess Evgenia will be able to return to Toronto soon.

At least Zhenya will be able to get back to some semblance of normality soon.

How long has Rika been at TCC? And what does it mean for Zhenya?

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
At least Zhenya will be able to get back to some semblance of normality soon.

How long has Rika been at TCC? And what does it mean for Zhenya?
Rika is still in Japan. Her new coaching situation has just been announced. She cannot travel to Canada yet due to travel restrictions just like Zhenya.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Rika is still in Japan. Her new coaching situation has just been announced. She cannot travel to Canada yet due to travel restrictions just like Zhenya.

Thank you for that information Luna. Zhenya must be pulling her hair out being stuck in Japan.

That's quite a coup for Brian to take Rika at the top of her game only 2 years after getting Zhenya. Maybe he will get Liu before 2022. ;) He loves him some made skaters. :)

But what does this mean for Zhenya at TCC? Is it like the Alina situation when she got on Zhenyas level even though they were both phenomenal at the Olympics? Will Brian and his super team treat these two ladies equally? It should be fascinating to see play out. Maybe Rika needed a change like Evgenia needed a change.