Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

Country
Russia
Evgenia's short interview: she promises to correct her wrong edges; she wants to show her level at Nationals - the only senior competition where she can participate.
She also can be at Russian Cup Events, because she is 14 (age eligible are skaters 14 years old and elder).
But does she need it?
She probably will be at JGPF, skaters qualified to JGPF are qualified to Senior Nationals.
She also can skate at Russian Cup Final (Senior), she did it at past season. And other Senior competitions in Russia are open for her.

She told that age limits don't allow her to skate at Senior Internationals, and because of this she can't qualify to Euro and Worlds, so her only task for Senior Nationals - to show her level.

Hmmm... She told about successful skating at JrWorlds. But no warranty that she will qualify to JrWorlds - at least four girls will pretend to three spots. So to qualify to JrWorlds at JrNats is also challenge for her.

anyanka

Record Breaker
Loved watching her latest competition, she's a tremendous talent. Radionova, Lipnitskaya, Sotnikova, Proklova, watch out!!

gotoschool

Medalist
Loved watching her latest competition, she's a tremendous talent. Radionova, Lipnitskaya, Sotnikova, Proklova, watch out!!

Even though Evgenia got 5 points lower in her SP and 7 points lower in her LP than Safina, she has a higher percentage of likes on both her videos on youtube than Safina. In my opinion, Evgenia's Biellmann position is more flexible and her jumps look smoother with more erect posture on exit and less telegraphing or set up time. Evgenia may not have quite as much speed. I also find Evgenia to be more fluid, lyrical, genuine and elegant in an adolescent way. I think Safina is good, but Evgenia's performances are much more rewarding for me.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Even though Evgenia got 5 points lower in her SP and 7 points lower in her LP than Safina, she has a higher percentage of likes on both her videos on youtube than Safina. In my opinion, Evgenia's Biellmann position is more flexible and her jumps look smoother with more erect posture on exit and less telegraphing or set up time. Evgenia may not have quite as much speed. I also find Evgenia to be more fluid, lyrical, genuine and elegant in an adolescent way. I think Safina is good, but Evgenia's performances me are much more rewarding for me.
Me think the same. I don't know why but I can't help feeling that Evgenia is more fresh and distinctive. While Serafima is great but the way they pack her this season is...:scowl:

starlight97

Final Flight
I enjoy both.
But one thing I'd like to compliment Evgenia on is choosing "age appropriate"(oh how I hate this word) music.
I think it suits her.
I don't want to criticize Serafima, but her LP made me a bit uneasy.
I loved Adelina's ...."womanly"... Carmen Program, she fit in since she was 17 then imo she sold it.
But to me personally Serafima's LP and especially her facial expressions were a bit too sexy for a 14 year old to me.
I'm usually never one who has a problem with these kind of programs, Ion the opposite, but with her I felt a bit uneasy for the first time.

Just wanted to say this to underline why they are completely different artistically to me.

stryke

On the Ice
But to me personally Serafima's LP and especially her facial expressions were a bit too sexy for a 14 year old to me.

I watched her program again after reading this but I don't see what you mean. Can you explain? Nothing about the program struck me as being sexy.

On another note I enjoy watching both Evgenia and Serafima. I really really hope I stay as ignorant as I am right now about the technical aspects of figure skating because I know I wouldn't enjoy critiquing every jump or spin a skater does and marking them off as bad skaters. But we all enjoy it for different reasons so more power to the people who do that. I hope both Sima and Ev continue their success this season.

starlight97

Final Flight
strykeI don't really know how to explain it. ...
I guess it's just a personal thing, like last season many people were saying that Radionova's LP was a bit too mature while I just thought it was totally cute :)
Maybe it's cause she looks and moves in a very mature way while I know in my head that she's 14 and my mind can't cope with that ;D

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
It looks like Evgenia will have stronger competition this time. But I believe in her, go Evgenia:love:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

stryke

On the Ice
Evgenia and her friend Vika Nosikova have just created a vlog page on VK to show fans and friends what their life is like "off the ice". They plan on updating with pictures throughout the week and videos at least once a week.

http://vk.com/public78723435

:biggrin:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Look at how intensely Zhenia is praying for Sergei!! It looks like she is actually in pain. :eek:: It really is nice to see skaters assume the pose so many of us fans find ourselves in when watching them skate :laugh:

https://pp.vk.me/c618320/v618320016/1a23e/P9QZ-dr8M5o.jpg

I spy Tsurkskaya,Sotskova,Pitkeev, Zhenia, Sima and is that Eteri's daughter bottom right?

Last edited: