Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

Roman09

Final Flight
Great channel! Young smart people who make these videos and they have intelligent and respectful things to say.
Roman, du sprichst Deutsch :) ?
Unfortunately no :confused2: I just copied
By the way, though hint - what is it told there about?

Last edited:

starlight97

Final Flight
Unfortunately no :confused2: I just copied

Haha but you understood the question!
I'm very grateful for all the Russian speakers on this board who always put so much effort into translating for us all, so I'll do a quick translation for this video!

It's not that informative but in case anybody is interested!

"For Christmas we thought of sth special for our Skating fans and visited the well known Russian figure skater Evgenia Medvedeva at home.
She's just won the Junior GPF in Barcelona and is one of the best junior skaters in the world.
Like almost all Russian skaters Evgenia started at a very young age, being 3 years old.
'I can't even remember that moment only from my parents' stories! I know that many skaters remember their first moment on the ice, but I don't.
For Evgenia FS is her job. Her entire week is defined by the sport but she hasn't lost the joy of watching either.
' I really like watching from the stands and I can relate to the audience, I especially like watching more experienced skaters than myself
She doesn't have a favorite skater but she has favorite elements, the Salchow and the Flip.
She liked the big internal competition and concurrence in Russia. The biggest star all alone? That's what she'd be in an other country, but she thinks that would be boring.
She does like attending internationals though where she can meet foreign skaters.
' I also try to talk to foreign skaters in English, I think it's very important to be able to speak English! But sadly I don't always understand everything. "

You can watch the entire interview on the channel that is shown
In the end so that might be nice for the Russian speakers here :)

Oh and it's really worth it roaming a bit through these guys' channel. They are mostly teens and young adults who have German-Russian heritage.
They want to give some insight into Russia, from a different perspective , so that people can relate to it more, since in German media Russia is (of couse:rolleye:) mostly portrayed in a very US-based light.
They feature sports, politics, culture and more.
They also have done episodes for Yulia, Adelina, Serafima, Elena and so on.

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Did she cuss on her way to the kiss and cry? Nothing but love for Zhenia :cheer:

Loved her skating in the SP :yes:

christinaskater

Medalist
Oh my Lord! Evegenia killed that short program. She is so beautiful. So precious! My favourite skate in the World right now.
She has everything. She has everything necessary to be the best in the world or the best ever. I am really impressed with her.
I couldn't stop raving about her line, beauty, musicality, technique, spins, choreography. It's just divine!

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Oh my Lord! Evegenia killed that short program. She is so beautiful. So precious! My favourite skate in the World right now.
She has everything. She has everything necessary to be the best in the world or the best ever. I am really impressed with her.
I couldn't stop raving about her line, beauty, musicality, technique, spins, choreography. It's just divine!

She's definitely got it all, and I think her programs (esp. the long) are my favorite of any of the ladies this season. And she seems so down-to-earth and charming. Good for her winning the JGP and a bronze at RN just a couple weeks later. She didn't even seem the slightest bit fatigued. How does she do it??

yyyskate

Record Breaker
have seen a few posts elsewhere, say that Evgenia got "Yuna" arms. I think so too, and it is not a bad thing at all;)

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
She is a wonderful skater. I can't imagine who will be the dominant skater a few years later among the Russian wonder babies, if it will at all. Or just a very small errors will decide who wins..

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
I am glad Evgenia has improved a lot this year and build a respectable reputation among FS fans. She is surely on the right way to be a future champion :cheer2:

gotoschool

Medalist
Evgenia is my favorite skater currently competing. I really have developed a connection to her performances and can't wait to see her perform again. She is a tough technical competitor with subtle elegance, fine lines, and rich expressiveness.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sonogram?

She is adorable and I like her a lot better this year...

Ya know... sonograms....as in Baby Russians. Ashley Wagner called them sonograms in an interview. Sorry if it offends anyone but I actually find it quite funny.

Like...Best Friend Sonograms
https://pp.vk.me/c623328/v623328586/fe0f/--awOzfmYJY.jpg

Or

Gangsta Sonograms!!
https://pp.vk.me/c623626/v623626754/a544/pSTisu4wak8.jpg

And of course my favorite.

Best Friend Podium Loving Sonograms :love:
https://pp.vk.me/c621723/v621723586/3868/geg_6QpH0rQ.jpg

Last edited: