Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 818 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

50 Words for Snow

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Also, anyone else get the feeling that the Russian press is positioning Zhenya as “the prodigal daughter returns” with the fluff about her hitting the gym, buying a newspaper, etc.?

No, I actually got the feeling that Saransk is a salty little town that's tired of being overlooked or looked down upon by larger Russian cities. They mention a contrast between Orser and "arrogant" performers who have presumably visited the city before and made a poor impression upon the locals. I can relate. I live in a city of roughly 3 million people, and sometimes people from New York or Los Angeles or other much larger and more cosmopolitan areas will make backhanded little comments about the city while visiting, and it doesn't always sit well with me.

I get a sense of local pride from the Saransk paper--they mention that it's the capitol of Mordovia, they made sure she got some Mordovian honey, etc., and she seems to have scored some points with them by mentioning that she bought their local paper, her grandmother has been there, and she likes the quality of their local ice rink. It might be worth noting that while she snubbed the journalists in the other article that was posted here, she apparently chatted with the reporter from the local Capitol C paper and let him have a picture with her. Looks like a city of Saransk PR win for Zhenya. :agree:

uffda

Rinkside
Do you remember how about a couple of weeks ago someone suggested that it would be good to have Katya Bobrova in Kiss&Cry with Zhenya? Now I think having Misha is a perfect (and way more realistic) scenario! If he is not busy choreographing somewhere else, of course...

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Do you remember how about a couple of weeks ago someone suggested that it would be good to have Katya Bobrova in Kiss&Cry with Zhenya? Now I think having Misha is a perfect (and way more realistic) scenario! If he is not busy choreographing somewhere else, of course...

Do you mean this week, or at some point in the future? (Not sure why Bobrova in the KnC though?)
Misha will be at the Japanese Nats I would presume, but at some future comp:pray:

eaglehelang

Final Flight
So I went through his Instagram and yes, I think this photo from the 4th of December is refering to choreographing Zhenya's programm:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bq-ygfAhiZQ/

Note the mystery hashtags, the filter is exactly the same as on his newest photo and the comments are also closed. So looks like they started working on it for in the first days of December. That's... very short notice, yeah. I'm both extremely excited to see the results and extremely nervous if this was really enough time.

No wonder, cos before Misha Ge went to Japan for the Nationals his location was in US.
The last time Misha was in Toronto was in June according to his Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/p/BklSV6VhFi2/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=f5ssw7jhsppu
I'm not sure if Evgenia had shifted over there by then

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

That was me. And I would love Misha to be with her in the kiss n cry. I thought he would be her choreographer this season. I'm so happy he is now. :)

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Do you mean this week, or at some point in the future? (Not sure why Bobrova in the KnC though?)
Misha will be at the Japanese Nats I would presume, but at some future comp:pray:

When Orser could not make Russian nationals, I suggested Bobrova. Bobrova is a good friend to Zhenya and she was the team leader at the Olympics and the world team trophy.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
When Orser could not make Russian nationals, I suggested Bobrova. Bobrova is a good friend to Zhenya and she was the team leader at the Olympics and the world team trophy.

Thanks, I did not know they were friendly. As a Misha fan, I would love to see Misha there:biggrin:

eaglehelang

Final Flight

Misha is in Japan to be with Kazuki Tomono for Nationals. When previously asked Misha said he is coach cum choreographer to Kazuki. From interactions at Rostelecom GP, Misha is like 2nd coach, consultant to Kazuki. He is at the boards in the practices, at both SP & LP Kiss&Cry.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BrRSyPqhXeu/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=151w163mrq3u6

I mean -> dont know if Misha can stand at the boards/ Kiss&Cry with Evgenia cos he's already contracted to be with Kazuki. If not mistaken, David Wilson only stands at the boards for TCC skaters

melgirl25

Medalist
LA meaning lisa mckinnon dress? :luv17::pray: (jk)

Well who knows? He is probably friends with her. It is also a very short time period to make a dress. That blue/gold dress posted by Ladu Design was liked by Misha and posted 4 days ago. However, people have said the mesh is too dark for Zhenya.

DeeDee18

On the Ice
Well who knows? He is probably friends with her. It is also a very short time period to make a dress. That blue/gold dress posted by Ladu Design was liked by Misha and posted 4 days ago. However, people have said the mesh is too dark for Zhenya.

the blue/gold dress is made for someone else. Ladu writes in comments that it's made for a "taylor" and has already been debuted

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
I honestly wonder why we never heard about if before she moved to Orser... not trying to imply something here (but still implyig anyway) but an injury like this can‘t have formed only after the Olympics. It must have been present there, too. All we ever got to hear was the foot injury, though and even that only when it was so bad she had to face the possibility of her missing the Olympics. Makes me wonder how badly injured she really was/is. Not making any accusations just plainly saying that to my eye, this is simply strange. I hope she is fully healed at this point but this frankly leaves me quite worried. Back injuries are dangerous for figure skaters and hers doesn‘t seem to be an easy one. I’m hoping so much for her to be healthy, especially after everything she went through this season and the season past. Please be well, Zhenya!! :pray:

The back injury was definitely present during the Olympics, but as most athletes she pushed through because it's a once every 4 years opportunity. It isn't unheard of that skaters perform injured, especially at such an event.

Back injuries are very painful and unfortunately they are also very common in figure skating. From what I have gathered from the many interviews she and other people did after the Olympics, she had to do a complete stop for some time to heal her foot and back and after she switched coach it looks like she was prevented from doing spins that are difficult for the back (her DoI and FaOI performances), and it was mentioned multiple times that she had to do a lot of rehabilitation.

I think right now she is definitely a lot healthier than she was right after PC, where she had to push so hard to even be there. We know she's capable of doing laybacks, so I think if she's not doing it yet it's definitely because the back injury was bad enough that it took longer to heal. Hopefully we'll see her 100% healthy and doing beautiful spins soon enough :)