Brian Joubert | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Brian Joubert

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Maybe the introduction helps when someone is randomly browsing Vimeo and comes across the video?

Yes, that makes sense. The video title "Brian Joubert invites to Snow King show" may also be a clue. :) Perhaps I overestimate the popularity of figure skating...Brian is a huge star in my eyes, but I'm sure he's not as recognizable to the general public as, say, David Beckham, or Cristiano Ronaldo.

Brian & Katarina look pretty good. :thumbsup:

Meoima

Match Penalty
Yes, that makes sense. The video title "Brian Joubert invites to Snow King show" may also be a clue. :) Perhaps I overestimate the popularity of figure skating...Brian is a huge star in my eyes, but I'm sure he's not as recognizable to the general public as, say, David Beckham, or Cristiano Ronaldo.
Brian & Katarina look pretty good. :thumbsup:
Beckham and Ronaldo:bang: in my eyes Brian looks wayyyyy hotter than both.

LRK

Record Breaker

There there, Meoima! Fret not, it's the "general public"'s loss, for not knowing about the... er.... superior hotness of Brian. ;)

glam

On the Ice
This fall has been such a sweet time for us Brian fans, we get news of him almost daily! :popcorn:
I wonder what will be Katrina's and Brian's next dance?

LRK

Record Breaker
I don't know... but I'm not sure they can really shed any more clothing?! Maybe he'll be in shorts this time....

silverfoxes

Record Breaker

Oh, definitely...I just named them because even I, a football/soccer ignoramus, knows who they are and what they look like. I don't know how many skaters would be recognized by those who don't follow the sport...it would be a short list, I'm sure.

Maybe Brian will do some samba in an itty-bitty Brazilian thong? :laugh:

LRK

Record Breaker
:rofl:

Wouldn't put it past them... each week he's been wearing less and less clothes...

LRK

Record Breaker
I just posted this over at the Plushy fan thread, but for those Brian fans who don't frequent it, I thought I'd post it here as well. This is from an online interview with Plushy today, and here he answers a question about the Snow King:

Will the show "Snow King" Your solo full of numbers? What kind of music used in this show? Heard in the teaser, which is very beautiful! Irina. Fan of Eugene since 2001

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course, will be solo numbers, and not only me, but also for Brian Joubert, and Irina Slutskaya, and other top skaters. Tale will last one hour and twenty. We do two compartments, two actions. Music written specifically for our tale. My task in this show - not just to sew costumes and put a fairy tale, and all should be perfected. There are several rooms, as we dance with ballet and all do the same, my goal - to show that all the guys ride is very cool. I watched a lot of works, many views on the ice, but 80 percent of them are jumping one double toe loop and all. We seeks to show the highest level of all elements. Participants of the show should have a good round, a good roll, it's ice show, ice fairy tale. Our goal - to deliver a super-tale show with elements of figure skating of the highest class. And for this purpose have been invited top skaters worldwide scale.

ETA - Here is more about Brian - I'll include the question, and the part in the answer that pertains to Brian, as relevant to this thread:

Eugene, you invite into your projects Joubert. Do not fear to trust the former rivals? Experience with Yagudin has not convinced you that from them should stay away? Eugene
--------------------
As for Brian Joubert, this great man, we have a great relationship, so it's here in my show. We are friends, we communicate, we trust each other. He immediately responded to my invitation to speak at the show. Brian will be riding with Katarina Gerbold, by the way, this is also a sensation in pair skating. The first demonstrations in humans, they do it in my fairy tale, and it will be interesting. If you remember, Brian Joubert and Katarina Gerbold expressed a desire to play for Russia in the pairs figure skating, and I welcome that desire. Brian and respect as an athlete because he could retire from the sport for a long time, but continues to perform and ride, make difficult elements.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
^Ah, but he...

1) admits that he'll miss competition soon enough

2) intends to open his own school 3-4 years in the future.

(More seriously: Yeah, it's unlikely he'll be back in competition. But who knows... Wish there were still a pro scene; he could've skated pairs there)

LRK

Record Breaker
Yes, it struck me too, and I was going to begin with "Ah, but - " - great minds think alike. ;)

"But I think that in a few months I will miss competition, of course. It’s like a drug, you know. But this first summer, without having to train for competition, it was very, very good. (He smiles)"

He admits it's a drug. And he'll be spending lots & lots of time with Plushy - who seems to be all for the idea. And who knows, if there are any more dinners with Gerard Depardieu.... ;)

No. I know. All I'm saying is, that I'm not going to believe anything yet - one way or t'other. :)

glam

On the Ice
I would not be surprised if Brian decides to return to competitions at some point, either as a pair or singles skater.

I'm not sure how much we are allowed to speak about skater's private life but I noticed that Brian is following Laetitia Bleger on Twitter. It sort of shocked me because she's the girl who broke his heart and told magazines that he is actually gay and then Brian sued her and won the case and some money.

LRK

Record Breaker
I think we are allowed to discuss things that are verified facts - but not rumours.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
He admits it's a drug. And he'll be spending lots & lots of time with Plushy - who seems to be all for the idea. And who knows, if there are any more dinners with Gerard Depardieu.... ;)
That was hands-down the weirdest part of the news.

Meoima

Match Penalty
It would be :jaw: if both Brian and Plushy comes back to competitive skating with Brian as a pair skater and Plushy same old with his dicipline. :laugh:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
A short interview with Katarina was published today: http://www.sports.ru/others/figure-skating/1024337664.html

Russian figure skater Katarina Gerboldt told about plans to perform in tandem with Frenchman Brian Joubert.

"At least a year, and possibly two we do not have to speak at official events. But when will the time laid quarantine, we will take a decision which country we serve. On the situation will be clear.

We now solve - Brian busy project in France, arrives just for the weekend. But these days ride for days on end, we use all the time. Have to adjust to these conditions, but it's worth it. Since Brian is very easy to work with, the characters came together. Understand each other.

Before we teamed up, neither he nor I wanted to be a mediocre greenhouses (lol). He wanted to be the best, and I dreamed about it. After the first two days of training, we could not move - every muscle ached "- quoted Gerboldt TASS.

LRK

Record Breaker
Awww.... I don't know, but she just sounds so... adorable. All right, so add that to the influence of time spent with fellow competition junkie Plushy and any influence exerted by dinners - no doubt the very best! - given by Monsieur Depardieu. (What? Every tale needs a touch of the... bizarre. not to say random, to make it more... piquant. ;) )

ETA - Also, get ready to boogie-woogie tonight! Surely they will have to put a shirt on him for that? Right?.... Right?

(What? I like my men well-dressed.... )

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Brian's jive dance https://vimeo.com/109338132

This is my favorite of his dances so far, I think, because he looks like he's actually enjoying himself. Spoiler: he has clothes on. :disapp: And his girlfriend is in the audience (did anyone know he had one?).