Brian Joubert | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Brian Joubert

glam

On the Ice
Yes, the jive was fun although they did have some music problems at the beginning. That era suits Brian very well!

Brian and Manika have been together for years but they split up at some point and are now back together. Manika is an actress and has tried her luck on several reality TV competitions and beauty contests. She is 6 years younger than Brian. She does seem quite fame hungry, on her Twitter account she retweets articles like "Who is Brian's girlfriend" and asks her followers to vote her to get some modeling castings.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Well, he certainly seems to have a type...

Another brief interview with Katarina:

Russian figure skater Katarina Gerboldt told about how there work with the Frenchman Brian Joubert.

"I think we just have great respect for each other. Each of us is a lot of sacrifice for the sake of co-skating. Plus age. Plus different mentality. We take each other for what we are and are not trying to adjust partner for themselves.

I see Brian as a leader, because he - the star of the world of figure skating. He sees me as a leader. Because I - the more experienced it in pairs. Therefore, we have paired the full equality.

We have a lot of time to do just a couple of days. So, when we start to work more, all will go to the mountain. And now our best to help and support each other. I'm even willing to fly to France if there find an ice rink, where we are allowed to practice ", - quotes Gerboldt" All Sport ".

It doesn't seem like the Coupe de Nice gala is being streamed for us. :no: Well, the odds are he probably just did "I Gotta Feeling" again. :laugh:

LRK

Record Breaker
Aww, I like her more and more!

As a dedicated Sour Grapist, if we never get to see the gala, I'll just assume that he's gotta feeling again. Otherwise, I hope he skated to something else. :)

LRK

Record Breaker
Joubert Brian@BrianJoubert · 6 timför 6 timmar sedan
Essayage costume ce matin:) c est très caliente;)

What does "caliente" mean? Not, obviously, that we are in any way preoccupied with his costumes - oh, no! ;)

Oh, and apparently they are switching partners this weekend.

Joubert Brian@BrianJoubert · 20 okt
Fin de répétition avec ma nouvelle partenaire:) Je suis trop content. Semaine spéciale pour tous mais spectacle garantie pour vous:)

LRK

Record Breaker
Well, some of you should be happy then! (she said bitterly) Apparently he'll not be overburdened with clothing once again. ;)

LRK

Record Breaker
Wow... that was.... short. I want more! I'd seen photos with Brian in a jacket and thought it must have been I gotta feeling agan, but... this is more like it! I hope he skates to it again, or we get a longer clip. Or both.

GermaricanMix

On the Ice
^ Wow, your comment made me expect short but that was SHORT! But man, I feel like he's gotten so much better at spins over the years.

LRK

Record Breaker
^ Wow, your comment made me expect short but that was SHORT! But man, I feel like he's gotten so much better at spins over the years.

I know! One has barely time to think: "Why, this is grea.... eh? It's over?"

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Yes, I remember Sasha Abt's version, lots of fun.

I could do without the woman in lingerie, or the flaps on his pants (they're obstructing my view!), but Brian is definitely becoming more comfortable on the show and having fun with it. I see Maman Raymonde was in the audience...wonder what she thought of it? :eek:

glam

On the Ice
I think this new partner suits him better than Katrina. They have better chemistry and are physically a better match.
No one was eliminated this week so next week two stars will go out.

LRK

Record Breaker
Yes, I remember Sasha Abt's version, lots of fun.

I could do without the woman in lingerie, or the flaps on his pants (they're obstructing my view!), but Brian is definitely becoming more comfortable on the show and having fun with it. I see Maman Raymonde was in the audience...wonder what she thought of it? :eek:

I can't say I'm a huge fan of the.... er... creations of the costume designer on this show. Even the ones glimpsed in the background as Brian is waiting for his scores. (Did we find out what he scored this week?) In a group photo one of the ladies was wearing a white-and-purple ball gown - I did like that one.

Anyway, I hope next week is something more.... restrained, or I'm afraid it will end up doing Meoima a mischief! (Gets fan - fans Meoima just in case she still needs it.) And if not - I'd like to see a paso. I think that might be fun. :)