Brian Joubert | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Brian Joubert

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I don't know what it was about your post that made me think of my favourite Brian program that never reached its full potential:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u0b3o5APrQ&feature=youtu.be

I love Brian... I love Inception (movie & music)... it was just perfect... Sigh. I honestly think it could have been a masterpiece... But.. well...

I love this program, too. I think it would be a great one to show to those who claim that Brian cannot be artistic (of course, there are always those who will criticize certain skaters no matter what they do).

Brian's "modern" music selections are one of the things I like best about him, too...now he's out of date, and Daft Punk is for dinosaurs? :think: Whatever do those people think of skaters using classical music, then?

Here's a video message Brian did at his fan meeting in Japan during Friends on Ice. Maybe some of you have seen it if you follow LaMaisondeJoubert, but just in case you didn't: video

LRK

Record Breaker
I love this program, too. I think it would be a great one to show to those who claim that Brian cannot be artistic (of course, there are always those who will criticize certain skaters no matter what they do).

Brian's "modern" music selections are one of the things I like best about him, too...now he's out of date, and Daft Punk is for dinosaurs? :think: Whatever do those people think of skaters using classical music, then?

Here's a video message Brian did at his fan meeting in Japan during Friends on Ice. Maybe some of you have seen it if you follow LaMaisondeJoubert, but just in case you didn't: video

I had not seen that - thank you! Awww, he looks happy. :)

@GermaricanMix - Thanks for your explanation. :)

@BusyMom - Yay! It promises to be a great bunch of people being collected here. :)

GermaricanMix

On the Ice
I haven't seen that, thank you so much for sharing! I'm just gonna be completely shallow for a moment and say how incredibly handsome he is. I really don't want him to do pairs though =X I want him to do ice shows and then coach. I don't think competing was good for him the last years, he seemed kinda unwell. But I like I said before, I didn't follow too closely so maybe I'm making it up.

BusyMom

Medalist
FS is a very subjective sport. I guess that what Fan Thread is for in the first place. I, for one, want to see him skating still either in single/pairs or shows. Don't mind at all! ;) And I agree with every one that his choice of music is rock!

LRK Thank you for the warm welcome. BTW I love his dress in your video.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Congratulations to Brian (and LRK ;)) for gathering two pages in one day! (LRK, to think you were once worried it'll just be your lonely self!).

I risk butchering up any eloquent praises, so I'll just repeat what Plushy said, "Brian managed an incredible career." (Speaking of career, I've also started an internal "Brian for Sochi Olympic bronze!" campaign. Even I know it's mental, but still).

Those Snow King outfits. :eek: At first I thought they were photoshop! But I'm all for medieval costumes, and they look less cheap on the Twitter pic than the Instagram one.

If Brian feels like his body is up to it, I'm all for him skating pairs (whether it's shows or competitions). It's been a long-time dream of his, and it'll be sweet to see him fulfill it in some manner.

BusyMom

Medalist
I haven't seen that, thank you so much for sharing! I'm just gonna be completely shallow for a moment and say how incredibly handsome he is. I really don't want him to do pairs though =X I want him to do ice shows and then coach. I don't think competing was good for him the last years, he seemed kinda unwell. But I like I said before, I didn't follow too closely so maybe I'm making it up.
You make me curious about his coaching plan, so after did google I found some news: http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/sochi-2014-who-brian-joubert-why-do-women-go-wild-him-1436399

Can't help giggle a bit about him being Harry Styles of Figure Skating though. :laugh:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
You make me curious about his coaching plan, so after did google I found some news: http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/sochi-2014-who-brian-joubert-why-do-women-go-wild-him-1436399

Can't help giggle a bit about him being Harry Styles of Figure Skating though. :laugh:

That story about the woman pretending to be his agent... :eek:

You reminded me of this video - Who's the hottest figure skater? Sochi edition No guesses as to who won (though I am a little miffed that some particular skaters didn't even get a place on the board :cry:).

LRK

Record Breaker
Congratulations to Brian (and LRK ;)) for gathering two pages in one day! (LRK, to think you were once worried it'll just be your lonely self!).

Yes, I know! Lovely, isn't it? Sometimes I just love being wrong! :)

I risk butchering up any eloquent praises, so I'll just repeat what Plushy said, "Brian managed an incredible career." (Speaking of career, I've also started an internal "Brian for Sochi Olympic bronze!" campaign. Even I know it's mental, but still).

You don't happen to have the entirety of that quote to hand, do you? I was thinking of digging it up and adding it here - I think it should be here. As a tribute to him and his career up to after the... or should I say these? ;).... Olympics.

Those Snow King outfits. :eek: At first I thought they were photoshop! But I'm all for medieval costumes, and they look less cheap on the Twitter pic than the Instagram one.

Ha! So that's why my internet/computer/whatever refuses to show Instagram! It considers the quality beneath it. ;) (Signed: Sour Grapist.)

If Brian feels like his body is up to it, I'm all for him skating pairs (whether it's shows or competitions). It's been a long-time dream of his, and it'll be sweet to see him fulfill it in some manner.

Yes, go Brian! I'm impatiently looking forward to seeing him and Katarina together - I think it's going to be lovely! And, yeah, I do want to see him compete again - even though I'm often a nervous wreck when he does!

GermaricanMix

On the Ice
I really love that Don't Give Up performance. And oh Brian's costumes. They're either really nice or really chippendales but I'm certainly not complaining!

Just found this video, don't know what he's skating to but he's really hot in a turtle neck. I have simple needs sometimes.

Meoima

Match Penalty
You know with hot men, the best costume is: black and tight costume. Brian knows so well. :eek::

LRK

Record Breaker
Sandstorm is great. Especially when you're watching the whole gala - after all the mush one generally is in dire need of something different. It's like when you've been eating lots of sweet things, you start to want something salty! Or something.

By the way, I never could understand why Brian wasn't invited to the Oly's gala - if Brian is part of the competition, one OBVIOUSLY wants him in the gala. Well, I'd want him in the gala even if he weren't taking part in the competition, but, you know what I mean...

GermaricanMix

On the Ice
Oh man, I loved that Infinity performance! More skaters need to skate to electronica, it's just soooo fun and it lends itself to some really awesome step sequences. Speaking of step sequences, I really hate when the camera focuses on the face during them. Yes, usually I like to see the emotion, but step sequences are the one time I'd really just like to see their feet, thanx.

LRK

Record Breaker
Thanks for sharing! I had not seen that... I really enjoyed it. :)

Indeed, if anyone knows of even earlier footage - please share! :)

BusyMom

Medalist
Might not be his EX but his James Bond was one of my favourite. He did look like he had a great time too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ3XXNBBEE0

And I'm Yours! : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXRyhPZrczY

You reminded me of this video - Who's the hottest figure skater? Sochi edition No guesses as to who won (though I am a little miffed that some particular skaters didn't even get a place on the board :cry:).
I guess Asian teens tend to go for the western men. Even Yuzuru wasn't in the top 3. :laugh:

Just found this video, don't know what he's skating to but he's really hot in a turtle neck. I have simple needs sometimes.
Turtle Neck is simply hot! But with Brian is kind of deadly hot. ;) I have a soft spot for men in turtle neck.