Brian Joubert | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Brian Joubert

GermaricanMix

On the Ice
Turtle Neck is simply hot! But with Brian is kind of deadly hot. ;) I have a soft spot for men in turtle neck.

Is it bad that I linked the video before I even finished it? XD On a non-shallow note, I thought it was incredibly sweet that he was singing along to the second song.

And I started looking for young Brian videos, they're impossible to find, huh? I wonder why. I swear I've seen footage of him as a kid, but maybe that was from interviews and documentaries.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Here's a video from '98: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWVZqU95s-g

Lots of other good videos on that channel as well, from the early 2000s - present.

There was another Youtube channel, MaisondeJoubert I think, that had everything Brian (old programs, tv appearances, interviews, etc.) but it looks like it was taken down for copyright infringement...must have been fairly recent. What a shame.

Meoima

Match Penalty
There is this thing I don't agree with people who says Brian is unmusical. I think he is musical in a certain way. His early programs shows us that. And his ex as well. It's just he chose a definite style and rarely went too far from it. He is a powerful jumper, and his movements, with the suitable program, to some people might be considered rigid, but to me I think it's manly and powerful. :yay:

LRK

Record Breaker
Here's a video from '98: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWVZqU95s-g

Lots of other good videos on that channel as well, from the early 2000s - present.

There was another Youtube channel, MaisondeJoubert I think, that had everything Brian (old programs, tv appearances, interviews, etc.) but it looks like it was taken down for copyright infringement...must have been fairly recent. What a shame.

Ah, that would explain why that recent video of theirs (from Japan) that you linked was uploaded on Vimeo...

LRK

Record Breaker
There is this thing I don't agree with people who says Brian is unmusical. I think he is musical in a certain way. His early programs shows us that. And his ex as well. It's just he chose a definite style and rarely went too far from it. He is a powerful jumper, and his movements, with the suitable program, to some people might be considered rigid, but to me I think it's manly and powerful. :yay:

I don't understand that to be honest, it is as if only certain styles are defined as "musical" - you have to be "soulful". "Look pretty", I'd say, but "pretty" is so associated with girls, that it would sound as if I meant "effiminate", but it isn't that at all. Like people were disapproving of Dai's rockabilly SP and Mao's Gershwin SP - as if something were "fun" it couldn't also be "artistic". That is a terribly, terribly narrow view - on which I wish them joy... or not "joy" as that would no doubt be "unartistic", so "sorrow" then. ;) One cannot be frivolous. :)

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I don't understand that to be honest, it is as if only certain styles are defined as "musical" - you have to be "soulful". "Look pretty", I'd say, but "pretty" is so associated with girls, that it would sound as if I meant "effiminate", but it isn't that at all. Like people were disapproving of Dai's rockabilly SP and Mao's Gershwin SP - as if something were "fun" it couldn't also be "artistic". That is a terribly, terribly narrow view - on which I wish them joy... or not "joy" as that would no doubt be "unartistic", so "sorrow" then. ;) One cannot be frivolous. :)
I'm all for a heartrending tragedy, but I wouldn't label something fun as automatically "inartistic." (Though fun may possibly be harder to pull off).

silverfoxes

Record Breaker

I completely agree. It's like saying only Monet or Renoir are "real" art and Picasso is not...or that metal or EDM are not "real" music. I love variety in skating...it would be so dreary if everyone only did the same style, with the same classical warhorses, waving their arms around with a pained facial expression.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I completely agree. It's like saying only Monet or Renoir are "real" art and Picasso is not...or that metal or EDM are not "real" music. I love variety in skating...it would be so dreary if everyone only did the same style, with the same classical warhorses, waving their arms around with a pained facial expression.
That's why I prefer men field over ladies. :laugh:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
That's why I prefer men field over ladies. :laugh:

Same here. :) (also because I like looking at the cute ones) I don't blame the girls, because I think a lot of them are pressured into that "graceful pretty princess" style...and the ones that do not fit that mold get criticized relentlessly (didn't someone on here say Adelina skates like a "truck driver" :rolleye:). Thankfully, the young Russian girls seem to all have their own style and personality and I do enjoy watching them.

Sorry to get off track as this is Brian's thread. :) Oh...I read somewhere that "Danse Avec Les Stars" is premiering on...October 7, I think. I haven't found official confirmation of that, though.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Same here. :) (also because I like looking at the cute ones) I don't blame the girls, because I think a lot of them are pressured into that "graceful pretty princess" style...and the ones that do not fit that mold get criticized relentlessly (didn't someone on here say Adelina skates like a "truck driver" :rolleye:). Thankfully, the young Russian girls seem to all have their own style and personality and I do enjoy watching them.
Sorry to get off track as this is Brian's thread. Oh...I read somewhere that "Danse Avec Les Stars" is premiering on...October 7, I think. I haven't found official confirmation of that, though.
Funny enough, some folks in FSU never believe that I am not much emotionally invested in the ladies field. Except for Yulia and Liza Tuk (at the moment).

Once I get noticing young Russian ladies' talents, some snob in FSU call me a Pedo (heck I am a girl and I am not less). :rolleye: When I say I am not Pro Russian or Pro American or Japanese, I simply like skaters that I find fascinating, they said I was lying because my list of favourite skaters are mostly Russians. :laugh: They DELIBERATELY ignore Lambiel, Joubert, Daisuke, John Curry... So funny.

Needless to say, you know whose fans (fanatics) they are.:laugh:

Anyways, sorry for being OT. I hope we can find footage of Brian and his new partner soon. Maybe from Plushy's ice show, there will be?

LRK

Record Breaker
Well, they are putting together a teaser trailer, aren't they? We've got to be shown that sometime soon, I hope - after all, that is the purpose of a teaser trailer - to tease!

(And on an OT side note - I've never understood why sometimes trailers are geoblocked. Don't you want as many people as possible to see it?! Makes no sense at all... )

Meoima

Match Penalty
(And on an OT side note - I've never understood why sometimes trailers are geoblocked. Don't you want as many people as possible to see it?! Makes no sense at all... )
Yes, every time I see the geoblocked sign, I want to throw my fist to them. :bang:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
There's a little browser extension (probably several) you can install to get around that geoblocking stuff...the one I use is called Hola Unblocker. But I think the teaser will probably appear on Youtube.

LRK

Record Breaker
I've encountered it in trailers for various series - generally someone uploads them to YouTube so it's not generally a problem from that point of view. It's just that it makes no possible sense for a network to actually try to prevent people from seeing it! The weirdest is possibly BBC - on their homepage they've often geoblocked the trailer - which they then themselves have uploaded on their YouTube channel - where I can see it very well. I mean, what sense is there in that?! Stupidity just... aggravates me. But, anyway, as I said, totally OT - it just gets my goat so I had to vent!

BusyMom

Medalist
^^ No surprise there! No such thing as free TV in the Britain (incl. related media). Viewers need TV licenses to watch even local TV. :disapp: For me, all the US stations' websites are blocked. Thanks Hola for that too.

Meoima

Match Penalty
^^ No surprise there! No such thing as free TV in the Britain (incl. related media). Viewers need TV licenses to watch even local TV. :disapp: For me, all the US stations' websites are blocked. Thanks Hola for that too.
Hola never worked with me. :scowl: