Brian Joubert

LRK

Record Breaker
Well, this is a good sign. :)

joubert brian@BrianJoubert · 1 tim för 1 timme sedan

J ADORE!!! Ce tango

LRK

Record Breaker
Three exclamation points? I don't know if I've ever seen him that excited before. :laugh:

I think - and I believe this is not too rash of an assumption - reading between the lines, you know - er the exclamation marks - that he is not entirely reluctant to do the tango... ;)

@plushyfan - Me neither! :)

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Brian's tango is up now https://vimeo.com/108011860

Nothing against Shakira, but I was hoping for, y'know, actual tango music, like Astor Piazzola. :no: As for his dancing...well...I appreciate his enthusiasm. ;) Could be better but hey, it's only week 2, and he still got a decent score from the judges. On the plus side, we get to see his bare chest (I wish he would just do away with the vest, though...who needs it? lol).

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Brian's tango is up now https://vimeo.com/108011860

Nothing against Shakira, but I was hoping for, y'know, actual tango music, like Astor Piazzola. :no: As for his dancing...well...I appreciate his enthusiasm. ;) Could be better but hey, it's only week 2, and he still got a decent score from the judges. On the plus side, we get to see his bare chest (I wish he would just do away with the vest, though...who needs it? lol).

:thumbsup: Brian is hot and really cute in tango..

glam

On the Ice
I also think that with a proper tango music the performance would have made a bigger impact and gained even more points. I really liked Nathalie's dance!

LRK

Record Breaker
I agree that when I think "tango" Shakira doesn't exactly come to mind. ;) But it's okay - there's far worse. :)

One disadvantage that male contestants have over female is that they have to lead. Especially in dances like tango or paso where they're supposed to be rather dominant, they can come across a bit... pale. Brian doesn't have this problem. :)

One judge gave him 9 - and another 7; and so the points in total ended up the same as last week. That's not bad, though.

Instead of getting rid of the waistcoat, I want to see Brian dressed UP for a change. Oh, well.... maybe next week? ;)

glam

On the Ice
Instead of getting rid of the waistcoat, I want to see Brian dressed UP for a change. Oh, well.... maybe next week? ;)

Well... I think whoever is this show's clothing designer, doesn't want to see him with much clothes on. :biggrin:

LRK

Record Breaker
Well... I think whoever is this show's clothing designer, doesn't want to see him with much clothes on. :biggrin:

:laugh: Oh, my..... You may be right! Still, I hold up hope that they will have to put him into something more... formal for a waltz or a quickstep or something.... Right?.... Right? Or they may work themselves round that somehow.... (desponds)

LRK

Record Breaker
I don't care for that song, I admit.... I wonder what he will skate at Kings of Ice? And will we get a Kings number?

glam

On the Ice
I don't care for that song, I admit.... I wonder what he will skate at Kings of Ice? And will we get a Kings number?
I really wonder how well he can jump there because I don't think he's had any possibility to train during the last few weeks. He will probably perform some old exhibition because of the lack of preparation.

LRK

Record Breaker
Oh, I don't doubt he can do the occasional 3T or something... I've yet to see anyone who claims that all he's got is jumps explain why people enthusiastically watch his shows (Ï've really yet to hear a lukewarm audience), when he's not doing any quads? But, of course, that isn't "artistry", it's.... er.... er.... something else. Probably something vulgar... like crowd appeal... because, really, who wants that? (shudders delicately - looks for smelling salts - remembers she hasn't got any - makes do without)

(pardon my impromtu venting :) )

LRK

Record Breaker
joubert brian@BrianJoubert · 7 tim för 7 timmar sedan
Nous sommes lundi et j ai déjà mal partout!! La semaine va être difficile:)

I didn't quite understand that, I admit... Something difficult? This I believe I got the main gist of, at least:

Katrina Patchett@katrinapatchett · 5 okt
Merci à mon @BrianJoubert pour un travaille de dinge! J'ai trop de la chance d'avoir un partenaire comme toi!

She thanks him for working... something.... and she's glad that she has a partner like him?

And Brian is on his way to Bucharest, it seems:

joubert brian@BrianJoubert · 4 tim för 4 timmar sedan
Direction Bucarest pour le show King on ice. Retour sur parquet mercredi:) gros bisous à tous

bartlebooth

Record Breaker
LRK, you got it right!

Brian complains about his body aching and says that it's going to be a hard week

Katrina thanks him for working like crazy (travail de dingue - I think it's a typo on Twitter) and she says she's lucky to have a partner like him.

Brian is going to Kings on ice and he'll be back on Wednesday.

I look forward to his exhibition on KOI.

GermaricanMix

On the Ice
Oh, I don't doubt he can do the occasional 3T or something... I've yet to see anyone who claims that all he's got is jumps explain why people enthusiastically watch his shows (Ï've really yet to hear a lukewarm audience), when he's not doing any quads? But, of course, that isn't "artistry", it's.... er.... er.... something else. Probably something vulgar... like crowd appeal... because, really, who wants that? (shudders delicately - looks for smelling salts - remembers she hasn't got any - makes do without)

(pardon my impromtu venting :) )

Oh please, vent away! I really had no idea people were saying stuff like this about Brian because I was never part of ice skating fandom until I found this forum this year. Yes, his quads is what got me in to figure skating. Oh wait, no, it was the fact that he skated to James Bond, Matrix, Daft Punk and does amazing step sequences. But that's almost the same thing, right?