2014 JGP Ostrava Czech Skate Ladies SP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2014 JGP Ostrava Czech Skate Ladies SP

jace93

On the Ice

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Cannot believe Evegenia missed her combo:mad:Maybe this is a good lessons or her to learn how to add combos later like Radionova did.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Cannot believe Evegenia missed her combo:mad:Maybe this is a good lessons or her to learn how to add combos later like Radionova did.

In juniors the triple lutz is a required jump, so she can't make that a combo. If you miss the combo, you can't make up for it elsewhere.

zamboni step

Final Flight

The lutz has to be a solo jump though, it's illegal to turn it into a combination on the Junior level.

I thought Karen's program has good potential despite some choppy music cuts, loved her expression and that layback deserved +3s across the board. Loved seeing her skate clean. Sad for Medvedeva but at least it gives Karen a good shot of making it to the final, well done to Angelina Kuchvalska for improving so much over the Summer. :clap:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Congrats Karen, great start to the new season! :) Gooooo.....!!!!

I must admit when I read about her program choice this year, was a bit worried. RFAD in a way can be all sort of cliche, but I fully believe she can make it work by season end with better rhythmic pace of the music especially towards the latter half, it could be quite special for a Junior program. It is encouraging she is trying to do something a bit fiery and powerful different from typical soft and lyrical/cutesy princess mode. Any news on her injuries from last year? Did she recover fully? She look a bit taller from I remembered, or leaner. The braces are off!!!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Congrats Karen, great start to the new season! :) Gooooo.....!!!!

I must admit when I read about her program choice this year, was a bit worried. RFAD in a way can be all sort of cliche, but I fully believe she can make it work by season end with better rhythmic pace of the music especially towards the latter half, it could be quite special for a Jurnior program. It is encouraging she is trying to do something a bit fiery and different from typical soft and lyrical/cutesy princess mode. Any news on her injuries from last year? Did she recover fully? She look a bit taller from I remembered, or leaner. The braces are off!!!

I don't know if she's fully recovered, but her jumps do seem improved. Her lutz for one:

This was from last year's JGP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3itl3gdB2o#t=0m24s

This her lutz from today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwrgloXq33w#t=02m13s

I feel like she's not forcing the toe pick as she did in the past. I think Tammy has really helped her with her technique.

statmam

On the Ice
Thanks for collecting the video links, InvisibleSpiral. Looking forward to catching up on these.

jaylee

Medalist
I liked Karen Chen's new SP, especially the way she landed that 2A right with the music and her exit out of it. And, I really think she has one of the best laybacks in the world today. Can't think of anyone who does it better.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
ITA and I really like her flow. It's always nice when a SP ends and you say...."Already...that seemed fast!" Of the American juniors she stands out for me the most. It's interesting to note that she beat both Proklova and Sakhanovich last season on the JGP. Evgenia could still make up 5pts fairly easy if she goes clean but who knows.....maybe Karen can hold her off. :popcorn:

sunnybear

Rinkside
Just watched Wakaba's SP. A real pity with the 3F-3T. ): It must have been the nerves; she looked more nervous than I've ever seen her in previous skates and she landed the 3F-3T so perfectly in Asian Open. I loved the 2A though! Great timing with the music! :love:

Hope she fights back in the LP. Go Wakaba-chan! :clap:

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Some Chinese skaters could consider him as coach, or get trained under something like a summer camp.