18 Niko ULANOVSKY GER
19 Ton CONSUL ESP
20 Alexander SAMARIN RUS
21 Matyas BELOHRADSKY CZE
22 Nicky OBREYKOV SWE

caelum

On the Ice
Kind of a rough skate for everyone :eek:hwell:

I'm just curious, does anybody else think Samarin's axel entrance is a little weird? Every time he sets it up, it looks like he is about to set up a lutz, you can even see his knee bending and his leg pulling back in preparation for a lutz, but then it appears he just changes his mind at the last second to go into an axel. At Courchevel I thought maybe he actually did just change his mind (see his LP here to get a clear example of what I mean - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9zpBCUKZjE - but he did the same thing in the SP here, so it must be just his "technique." I like he can do a 3A without stalking it too badly (though he messed it up here), but I find this teasing lutz set-up a little peculiar - anybody have thoughts on that?

Also, Sadovsky has really nice flying entrances - especially for a boy junior - and his camel spin has some nice positions.

Nena

Rinkside
I think the only one I really enjoyed today was the 13 year old Czech boy, Matyas. He was so cute!

yyyskate

Record Breaker
that lutz to 3A seems like a way to slow down his speed and stabilize a bit before a 3A entry.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Any word on why Nathan Chen isn't competing this season on the JGP? He would be one of the favorites for sure to win Jr Worlds. This really doesn't make sense if he isn't hurt.

TangoTraumatica

On the Ice
I used to skate with Roman Sadovsky (way way back when). His flying entrances have been gorgeous as far back as I can remember, and he's always really committed to his elements. It's crazy exciting to see how well he's doing, considering that almost no one from my teeny tiny club has done so well internationally. He's really improved on the focus and patience he gives to his transitions.

emdee

Final Flight
I have watched Roman in local comps like thornhill and absolutely love his skating. He still needs to secure his jumps but the rest of it is very mature for his age.