NRW Trophy 2014 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

NRW Trophy 2014

Country
Russia
Alex D;1031231 it wasn't the best day for our Russian "girl" (120.96) said:
Not so bad.
Three falls - it is horrible situaton.
But she successfully landed 3F+3T, 3Lz, 3S.
All non-jumping elements were Level 3 (highest possible for Novice) with good GOE.
Skating was solid and nice rerardless the mistakes. So psychologically she is strong.

Not her day, I don't know why. She successfully performed more complicated Junior programs without mistakes.

Alex D

Record Breaker
Not so bad.
Three falls - it is horrible situaton.
But she successfully landed 3F+3T, 3Lz, 3S.
All non-jumping elements were Level 3 (highest possible for Novice) with good GOE.
Skating was solid and nice rerardless the mistakes. So psychologically she is strong.

Not her day, I don't know why. She successfully performed more complicated Junior programs without mistakes.

She stayed cool throughout the whole performance but I believe in the inside she was pretty angry about those 3 mistakes ;) Russian skaters and fans have always such huge expectations but the Americans are the same. :)

Alex D

Record Breaker
Not much has changed after group 4 just finished.

Lea is still leading, before Deimante and Anni. Leona Hendrickx did not start.

I really liked the skate of Cassandra Perotin but also Christina Schöner who skates to some german vocals with lots of heart!

We do have a new third place, she is coming from the Netherlands - Niki Wories scored 45.39 points. Last two groups now ;)

I was really impressed with Kalina Lewicka, she has grown up so much, great expression during her performance today from the last year winner at the Advanced girls.

P.S. The Elizabet Tursynbayeva show will start around 21.57 CET which is in about 50 minutes.

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
great skate from elizabet, great to see her smiling as well :cheer: :cheer: at the beginning of the season she wasnt smiling much, looked serious, now looks more relaxed and enjoying more, way to go elizabet :cheer2: :cheer2: love her programs too

Alex D

Record Breaker
SP Junior Ladies concluded

We do have a new third place, she is coming from the Netherlands - Niki Wories scored 45.39 points. Last two groups now ;)

I was really impressed with Kalina Lewicka, she has grown up so much, great expression during her performance today from the last year winner at the Advanced girls.

P.S. The Elizabet Tursynbayeva show will start around 21.57 CET which is in about 50 minutes.

So folks this were 15 hours of FS for me today, I am damn tired but collected a lot of material for my column. Skaters unknown today, will soon be known worldwide *laughs*.

Girls like, Deimante Kizalaite, Kalina Lewicka, Matilda Algotsson, Christina Schöner, Anna Gordienko, Layla Constance Laberny, Dora Hus, Pauline Wanner and many more had something very special in their performances and I have written it all down.

Oh and before I forget, Elizabet has won the SP (58.72) with flying colors, I saw her program several times this year at the ice rink and its a really well thought out choreo that fits to her personality very well. I wouldn't be surprised to see her once again at the Podium for a photo session tomorrow.

I need sleep!

Until tomorrow!

Last edited:

TarAncalime

On the Ice
Not much has changed after group 4 just finished.

Lea is still leading, before Deimante and Anni. Leona Hendrickx did not start.

I really liked the skate of Cassandra Perotin but also Christina Schöner who skates to some german vocals with lots of heart!

The music of Christina Schöner is from the musical Elisabeth (Sissi) "ich gehör nur mir".....very tasteful and current!

Alex D

Record Breaker
The music of Christina Schöner is from the musical Elisabeth (Sissi) "ich gehör nur mir".....very tasteful and current!

Ya isn't it lovely? I was told that Katharina Witt was skating to it about 20 years ago.

While I want to speak more about Christina in the column I can already say that I bought it! It was like that song really meant something to her. It was very touching and as I said, I totally bought it so either she is a great actor or the song spoke about her.

I might go a bit too far here saying this but to me all the jumps in the world cant touch me like these programs do. ;) Christina might not had the big difficulties without a triple but still, I say she doesn't need them to skate lovely. ;)

It was a really great "girls day" today, so many good programs, I hope I will be able to get this across when I write the column next week! I feel however so sorry for Emmi, oh god... what is it with the lovely finish girls these days. When on the ice then it seems like pressure all the time. They have everything they need to succeed, yet their nerves always get in the way.

Emmi attempted such a brave triple - triple combination with the two toes, even though it didn't work in warm up - she still wanted it. That is so brave but in general she got so often negative GOE due the lack of concentration like in the stepsequence... it so sad to see, whats happening? :( I always wear the finish colors on my clothes but somehow it doesn't work anymore.

I feel so sorry for them, I love the finish skating, the coaches and skaters and the friendliness they have, you can always ask them everything, they always smile at you so charming! Never would they say no but in their minds something stops them from being where they were back in the days with Susanna or Laura and Kiira.

Last edited:

Alex D

Record Breaker
Wrap up Day 2 Results

SO folks, a small wrap up about what happened on day two.

Advanced Boys FS

http://www.lev-nrw.org/docs/event/1404/SEG007.HTM

We were starting off with the advanced boys where Andrej Petrenko won the competition after taking over the lead from Nikolaj Majorov who was leading after the SP. He didnt start so well with an edge violation on his triple flip but recovered nicely and didnt make any further major mistakes, including a triple Lutz - double Toe and three more triple jumps (Sal, Toe, Loop).

Alexander Majorov is currently looking for a physotherapist that can help him with an injury, therefore he had to cancel his assignement for NRW this year.

As a huge Majorov fan this was a big let down in advance, however his younger brother replaced him nicely. Its so fun comparing both skaters, its like traveling back in time, he looks just like Sasha did around that age! But not only this, he also has the charisma and coolness of his brother. I am sure as time progresses he will also fix the nerves to perform his jumps clean and learn a few of his brother who is cappable of doing a quad.

Last but not least Kai Jagoda, while not at the VC he was still awarded with a good third place. Kai didnt show any triples but a very good double Axel - double toe combination while starting with a double flip - double toe.

Top three:

1. Andrej Petrenko RUS 106.63
2. Nikolaj Majorov SWE 103.39
3. Kai Jagoda GER 88.45

Advanced Novice Girls

http://www.lev-nrw.org/docs/event/1404/SEG002.HTM

While a very long one, yet a greatly to watch competition with lots of potential for the future. I was impressed how some of the girls were able to put such an emotional skate on the ice like the seniors at times. While I want to talk more about this in the final column I still want to talk about the top three already in a short review.

As expected Anastasia Gubanova won and while her parents were watching home, it was a okish day for the young Russian. As a girl who is just like Radionova in 2012 already in the spotlight these days, she isnt allowed to make any mistakes at least if you believe the fans in Russia or the press. An "expetation" I never understood so dont be too hard to Anastasia guys ;)
That said she never showed any negativity even after three faults, cool as ice or smiling as the sun just like her choreo demanded. Besides that the eleven years old performed a wonderful triple Flip - triple Toe after her missed opportunity with the Lutz - toe combination. Also to note were the level three modifications, for spins and steps which is the highest possible level in advanced.

On two came Pauline Wanner with an impressive performance - what a charming girl on the ice. She continued where the other french skaters left off with, I am so happy for France that they finally get some more girls into FS. The french showed us 4 triples, including a triple Sal - double Toe combination (+ Loop, Toe, Sal) and I really loved her expression on the ice. She was really putting a stunning performance on the ice, I am absolutely in love with her ice coverage, she aint afraid of the crowd, just lovely.

Third came another charming skater, Anastasia Schneider from Sweden. She scored three´s on all her elements and I loved the variety and style that she offered. Anastasia performed 4 triples (Sals and Toe´s). She was rewarded with 101.11 points.
There were many more great skates, more about those at a later time.

Top Three

1. Anastasia Gubanova RUS 120.96
2. Pauline Wanner FRA 106.41
3. Anastasia Schneider SWE 101.11

Junior Ladies SP

http://www.lev-nrw.org/docs/event/1404/SEG010.HTM

As expected Elizabet Tursynbaeva from Kazakhstan took the lead with a wonderfully performed program. The young lady who was already very successful this season at the JGP scene, was the only girl that received more than 50 points by landing a triple combination ( Sal - Toe). Besides that she scored level 4s for all her spins and very high GOE like at her layback.

On two came a girl that many will also remember from Dresden, Lea Johanna Dastich her trademark is a huge smile and some screems after a very successful performance. While performing in group 4 and therefore waiting for over 4 hours definately had an impact on her score, that could be in the 50s as well if skated a bit later. Lea opened her program with a triple Flip - double toe combination and continued strong with a triple Lutz. No level 4s yet but this is something that will come over time.

Third came a girl that also started very early, Deimante Kizalaite. I can only say that you MUST check out her Layback that was just absolutely incredible. It received loads of twos and I seriously dont know what a skater must do to get a three there! Some care to explain, it was one of the most beautiful things I have seen this season. More about her at a later time.

1. Elizaet Tursynbayeva KAZ 58.72
2. Lea Johanna Dastich GER 49.69
3. Deimante Kizalaite LTU 45.93

For protocols please go here,

http://www.lev-nrw.org/docs/event/1404/index.htm

Last edited:

Alex D

Record Breaker
Preview day Three

We are kicking off with the Junior Men, group one has already skated while G2 is just warming up.

Leader after the SP is Illya Solomin with 54,69, Jiri Belohradsky is on two with 51.21, third is Dave Kötting who will close the competition at 12.28 CET.

After the Junior Men are concluded, we will start with the Junior Ladies 7 full groups of entertainment ;)

Emmi Peltonen is going to start at 15.30 CET, while Anni will skate in the last group at 17.20 CET. Also in the last group is of course our leader Elisabet Tursynbayeva who will close the competition at 17.44 CET.

As always you can follow the live stream here,

http://nrw-trophy.de/livestream.html

After the VC we will continue with

19:30 CET Junior Pairs Short Program
20:20 CET Advanced Novice Pairs Short Program
20:45 CET Senior Pairs Short

Want to know when you fav. skater will skate, let me know. The online listings lack the time sadly :(

http://www.lev-nrw.org/docs/event/1404/SEG011.HTM

Last edited:

Alex D

Record Breaker
Results Junior Men

So, first result for today

We have a Swedish winner in the junior men´s with 6 triple and a gorgeous step sequence that he absolutely nailed on the ice. Such power, wow! Sadly Illja struggled with his solo jumps (Loop, Toe, Lutz) which he didn't put clean on the ice. As I said with one of the girls yesterday, if you are a sucker for Steps go check him out!

The Czech Matyas made a huge jump from 4 to 2 while performing 5 triple, the sal however under rotated.

On three came the German Dave Kötting who only skated the 5th FS but still had enough points to secure his third spot on the podium.

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Matyas my energized bunny :cheer: :cheer: congratulations to all winners and other skaters as well :clap:

Alex D

Record Breaker
So folks,

three groups are through at the Junior Ladies,

Currently leading is Kamile Linauskaite with her interpretation to Schindlers list, great spins and a lot of feeling for the theme, nice body language. Second is the wonderful Kalina Lewicka who made a huge step forward from last year - she reminds me about Gracie somehow - its her way of skating, check Gracie in the juniors and Kalina make your own judgment ;) and last but not least Chiara Thiele who I also enjoyed a lot.

Also Lena Wiewiora was great, she put so much into her performance.

Group 4 now with, Emmie and Cassandra.

Last edited:

Alex D

Record Breaker
So folks,

three groups are through at the Junior Ladies,

Currently leading is Kamile Linauskaite with her interpretation to Schindlers list, great spins and a lot of feeling for the theme, nice body language. Second is the wonderful Kalina Lewicka who made a huge step forward from last year - she reminds me about Gracie somehow - its her way of skating, check Gracie in the juniors and Kalina make your own judgment ;) and last but not least Chiara Thiele who I also enjoyed a lot.

Also Lena Wiewiora was great, she put so much into her performance.

Group 4 now with, Emmi and Cassandra.

Oh god Emmi,

she started so well, had the jumps under control and then all of a sudden a switch is turned off and she cant do them anymore...

What a beautiful program by Cassandra though, clearly the best so far - what a skate! She is leading with 126.16 now.

Alex D

Record Breaker
Oh god Emmi,

she started so well, had the jumps under control and then all of a sudden a switch is turned off and she cant do them anymore...

What a beautiful program by Cassandra though, clearly the best so far - what a skate! She is leading with 126.16 now.

No change at the top position after group 5, Cassandra is still up front but we have a new second with Jennifer Schmidt who scored 119.84 and gave herself a well deserved fistbump. Joulia Chtchetininina is third with 113.90.

Tina Helleken had a great program btw. Tatjana Hess didn't go clean but I like her programs a lot. Always nicely choreographed.

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
2 clean performances from elizabet and PB for free :cheer: :cheer: great job and congratulations to her and all skaters :clap: :clap:

Alex D

Record Breaker
Results Junior Girls

No change at the top position after group 5, Cassandra is still up front but we have a new second with Jennifer Schmidt who scored 119.84 and gave herself a well deserved fistbump. Joulia Chtchetininina is third with 113.90.

Tina Helleken had a great program btw. Tatjana Hess didn't go clean but I like her programs a lot. Always nicely choreographed.

So, to wrap things up...

We have a winner and once again just like in the SP she is coming from Kazakhstan. The young lady who came second at the JGP in Dresden improved her old PB and scored 176.12 points by performing 7 triple jumps. I said it before but I really like how her program is constructed and she is able to sell her "Papa can you hear me" wonderfully.

Elizabeth was rock solid, received level 4s for all her elements and didn't make any major mistakes. With all due respect to the other skaters, she never let anyone get close to her. The Kazakhstani received about 35 more points than Anni JÄrvenpää who had a pretty good evening and is able to hold the Finnish flag up. She was able to control her nerves while landing 5 triples (Flip, Sal, Toe, Loop). It was great to see how she was able to stay focused throughout the program, while selling her graceful steps and arm movements. As with every Fin - if they know one thing then it is constructing lovely choreographed elements - high SS are a must in Finland, yet shouldn't be taken for granted.

Third came a young lady that didn't had her best day, yet she managed to give us her gorgeous smile and stay in front of the very strong and powerful Deimante Kizalaite and her sensational layback.

To note is also Cassandra Perotin, she was 19th after the SP and skated the third best FS, catapulting her up to Rank 7 in total. One of my favorite programs here at NRW, you can say what you want but this was figure skating how I like it. A charming skater who smiles, floats and puts a lot of emotions on the ice. She really enjoyed her time on the ice, just how it should be. France has talent and we saw it here at Dortmund and this goes for all the brackets - just great.

Thanks a lot to all the skaters, who knows maybe in future the on or the will compete for her country at Euros or Worlds.

1.Elizabet KAZ 176.12
2. Anni FIN 141.21
3. Lea GER 133.26

http://www.lev-nrw.org/docs/event/1404/SEG011.HTM

Last edited:

Alex D

Record Breaker
Pairs now, we just saw the Juniors and will see next the Advanced.

OMG- We just saw one of the cutest things ever in FS.

Vanessa Stefanova & Jiri Belohradsky! They were performing to Dirty Dancing sountrack time of my life and oh boy that was amazing.

Watch that pair guys, Jiri we already saw in the Junior Men and now he performed with Vanessa. A must see! Such a cute pair.

Well deserved lead with 22.19 :D

Alex D

Record Breaker
Results, Pairs

Pairs now, we just saw the Juniors and will see next the Advanced.

OMG- We just saw one of the cutest things ever in FS.

Vanessa Stefanova & Jiri Belohradsky! They were performing to Dirty Dancing sountrack time of my life and oh boy that was amazing.

Watch that pair guys, Jiri we already saw in the Junior Men and now he performed with Vanessa. A must see! Such a cute pair.

Well deserved lead with 22.19 :D

Some results for pairs ;)

First of all, none of the Russian pairs are here. We did not get an official WD so right now its not really sure why they didn't come. There are rumors but this is not my style to spread them, so ya no Russian pairs guys.

Advanced Novice Pairs:

http://www.lev-nrw.org/docs/event/1404/SEG008.HTM

These two made my day, I can not really put it into words but wow. The way they skate, that harmony which they got, its so wonderful! Stefania and Ondrej skated to Dirty Dancing in 2013 and I loved them but sorry guys, these two kids just own you!

1. Vanessa Stefanova / Jiri Belohradsky 22.90

It was all so cute, that single Twist, the steps and how they looked at each other - seriously one of the best couples ever in Pairs skating and I so wish and hope they keep skating together, they can win hearts with ease such a charming duo these two are.
I can only imagine how cute their FS must be! That's going to be three minutes and 30 seconds of absolute cuteness! I cant wait to see that!

Junior Pairs

http://www.lev-nrw.org/docs/event/1404/CAT009RS.HTM

1. Anna Duskova / Martin Bidar CZE 43.86

Also very cute couple, Anna landed a triple Loop!!!

2. Christina Bogdanova / Thomas Rochelet FRA 31.07

They had a few issues in their routine, I hope they will have a better day tomorrow!

Senior Pairs

http://www.lev-nrw.org/docs/event/1404/CAT012RS.HTM

1 Marin Ono / Hon Lam To HKG 42.49

She landed a triple Sal and in general I felt they had a really nice synchronicity most of the time. Great harmony for these two.

2 Minerva Fabienne Hase / Nolan Segert GER 38.80

I think they work well together, maybe they are dating at least it all look so "intimate".

3 Alexandra Hebrikova / Nicolas Roulet SUI 37.81
4 Camille Mendoza / Pavel Kovalev FRA 34.15

Last edited:

Alex D

Record Breaker
Day 4 preview Ladies, Men & Pairs

Good Morning / Evening

The internet is very weak with us today, yet I wanted to give you a few starting times.

We are about to start with the Ladies in 5 minutes. Our first skater will be the Olympian Kerstin Frank from Austria, Fleur will skate at 13.22 CET. Seidi is following her, while Sera Väistö is scheduled to come at 14.01 CET and the last Fin Hanna at 14.49 in group three.

There are again no NA competitors here.

For the full line up, please go here

http://www.lev-nrw.org/docs/event/1404/SEG016.HTM

After the Ladies we will have the men with Matthias Versulis from Finland.

http://www.lev-nrw.org/docs/event/1404/SEG018.HTM

Alex D

Record Breaker
Someone tell the Finnish girls please to not always pick so emotional music, always makes me wanne cry :(

The whole finish squad is sitting right next to me, I believe we are in total the biggest fanbase right now - hardly anyone is here.

Seidi has scored 39.63 points, she skated to a similar piece of music that already Henna and Ossi did last season. Her version however is with the vocals but not less charming in any way. Sera received 44.11, she lacked the combo but gorgeous layback by her.

Currently leading is Kerstin Frank with a clean performance in front of Fleur.