2014 Nagoya TV Cup Mens SP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2014 Nagoya TV Cup Mens SP

Meoima

Match Penalty
I don't mind when Boyang wins with TES, but still very not convincing :sarcasm: about his PCS. :scowl:

silverlake22

Record Breaker
But how long will this go on?
If he goes to seniors he may become famous as the champion without a triple axel. I wonder if such an important jump can just be skipped.
If he can land 4T and develops and 4S...will the lack of a 3A not matter any more?

He might need to grow more to get enough oomph in his 3a to land it. His height is only 156 cm and he probably doesn't weight much either. I know a lot of the Japanese men are small in stature, but it's hard to believe Shoma will be 17 in a few months. Hopefully he will get taller and stronger soon.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Maybe it's the camera at this event, Shoma's spins look iffy to me. In the long run, if he does not grow taller, I wonder how he can achieve the extension top skaters need.

TMC

Record Breaker
But how long will this go on?
If he goes to seniors he may become famous as the champion without a triple axel. I wonder if such an important jump can just be skipped.
If he can land 4T and develops and 4S...will the lack of a 3A not matter any more?

He'll get it in time...Jason Brown only got his at the very very end of his junior career and it's fine now :)