Karen Chen | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Karen Chen

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Karen interviewed on icenetwork podcast

http://web.icenetwork.com/fans/icetalk

Shy, mature, introverted, thoughtful 17 years old. Can't believe she did it! US national champion! Worlds 4th!
She is so grateful for Kristi.

What a great comeback season for her! Surprised everyone.

Last edited:

musicfan80

Medalist
So.....is anyone else curious about what all went on in this (according to Tom Z./Jackie Wong) jump fest that happened yesterday at the World Ice Arena?

Apparently, Max, Joshua, Karen, Marin, Mirai, Vincent, Courtney, Nathan, and Adam were there. I'm assuming from Tom Z. that Nathan won being that he did a 3F-4T. Still, it would have been interesting and fun to watch.

Hopefully, Karen did some great 3/3s! I wonder who she is working with in Colorado Springs. Maybe she is working on choreography or jump rotations. I know that Christy Krall is the apparent Dartfish master there but I've assumed that other coaches like Tammy Gambill have access to the same technology.

BTW, I don't know what those numbers on the right mean or why Joshua and Karen didn't have one.

EDIT: There a thread about this in The Edge.

Last edited:

Pacafla1

Rinkside
I liked both of Karen's SOI EX, especially the new EX "Rise", choreographed by Misha? It was beautiful!

breadstal

Record Breaker
I'm not feeling fragments of music chosen...it sounds little bit messy for me in first listen BUT Karen looked SO good. The jumps looked good, the skating looked great, spins were fantastic, spirals were beautiful. I loved that step sequence and choreography, Karen really have one of the best choreographies in figure skating right now and she was into it. That Ina Bauer was so sassy :love:

Seruleane

Final Flight
Yeah, I wasn't a fan of the music cuts either, but it may just be because I am so used to hearing Yuna Kim's version (which I think is still the best). Karen looked great out there though. I hope she has a stellar season (at least as good as last year!), and probably the music will grow on me.

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
I'm impressed with Karen, especially considering how early it is. Her skating has really matured- I think 4th at Worlds was probably a pretty great confidence booster!

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
I'm impressed with Karen, especially considering how early it is. Her skating has really matured- I think 4th at Worlds was probably a pretty great confidence booster!

El Tango de Roxanne SP at the Olympics in South Korea... risky and gutsy choice Karen. Nice tribute if intended, otherwise, great choice to get the home crowd going. I really hope you make the Olympic Team! It will be beyond amazing!!

Kuan

Final Flight
Just watched her Carmen FS at GF. :eeking: It. Is. So. Good!!!! I am in love already. Both programs fit her perfectly.

Rinkside
Damn Karen is on fire :hap10:

This early in the season her programs are already amazing, can't wait to see how the programs develop even further.