Karen Chen | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Karen Chen

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
happy 16th birtday Karen!! :hb:
i hope she will have and amazing senior debut and it will be the start of her amazing senior career cause she has so much to offer :cheer:

Layback11

Record Breaker
thank you LittleBlueBird and os168! really lovely photos, esp one with split jump, amazing :love: i wouldnt believe she was shy person from looking at her performances either! but i am sure she will open up more and more, i cant wait to see her GP debut! hopefully at SA as 3rd home pick :biggrin:

At Nationals, she was being accosted by hordes of screaming kids (most probably only a little younger than she was), and she looked terrified, so I would've gotten it from that. But definitely not from her skating!

Layback11

Record Breaker
Whaaa. the girl broke her foot at age 9!!!! Crazy! *and worrying*

Ahhh... She is a Rabbit... no wonder big jumps :) Duaaannnngg....!!!! Go Karen!!!

I broke my ankle at 9. It really isn't that uncommon. (Though I wasn't skating...I was rollerblading ;))

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Watched Karen's FS a couple of times.
I think her lutz mistake in this comp is probably due to her nerves, I actually think her lutz technique has improved this season. Wouldn't worry about that much.
But her 2A timing is kinda wonky...
Also her -3T technique is alarming from recently outings.
Hopefully all her issues will smooth out, once she got her boots issue sorted out, and maybe puberty issue as well

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
I wish Karen used a smaller snippet of 'On My Own' or at least a smoother transition before and after it.

also wished she used Lea Salonga's version instead as well

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Good luck Karen for your 1st SGP!! i hope she will keep it together :cheer:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Go Karen Go Karen Go Go Go!!!!

Stay healthy, skate clean!!

Meoima

Match Penalty
The girl has so much potential, she reminds me of Kwan in the old days. Best wishes for her in her 1st GP!!

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm so proud of Karen! She had that sparkle that I saw in Greensboro last January. As little as she is, she commands the ice and fills it with her skating. Well done!

andromache

Record Breaker
Gorgeous spirals, brilliant speed and attack. I wish she would go to a different coach to give her a bit more polish and control on her jumps.

Getting into the top 5 at her first GP is a real start for her.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Congratulations Karen! Top 5! I had you in Top 6 in this tough field, you had already exceeded my expectations!

Lots of things to work on and learn from, can't wait to see you in Cup of China next! Best of luck!