Karen Chen | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Karen Chen

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Karen's LM stsq is really stunning in practice, even her coach applauded for that stsq loudly. Whenever you hear a coach applauded something loudly, you will know that that element is especially good. Brian Oser also applauded Alaine's SP stsq which is also very good. In comp, her LM stsq was not as good.

Sam L

Medalist
Gorgeous spirals, brilliant speed and attack. I wish she would go to a different coach to give her a bit more polish and control on her jumps.

Getting into the top 5 at her first GP is a real start for her.

Yeah. I loved her speed and attack.

nieves

On the Ice
I like her lutz technique. It seems like she picks into the ice with her feet super close together, and she has a nice pop in her jumps

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Great suggestion from TSL regarding Karen's under-rotation issue. they suggested Karen to increase her core strength. Karen got tons of height in her jumps (possibly one of those highest, very impressive to watch live) but she cannot rotate fast enough. stronger core will help her faster rotation. Also, visually I do feel Karen's stomach area is kinda baby fat. Maybe some core strengthening dill could help her. e.g. walking upside down:biggrin: Hopefully this msg can reach Karen and her team.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
good luck Karen at COC!! i cant wait to see her 2A1lo3Sal!! i think what makes it amazing is she takes her time and lets 2A flows so it doesnt look like step out :luv17:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Fly fly Karen Chen Kai Wen!!! Fly high soar in the sky!!!

LittleBlueBird

Rinkside
What show program is Karen going to skate to in COC Ex? Butterfly lovers with two fans? Or "Because we believe" in SA Ex?

butters

Rinkside
Karen Chen withdrew from sectionals. I'm still hoping she can somehow be able to compete in nationals this year, but it's very unlikely :(

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Karen Chen withdrew from sectionals. I'm still hoping she can somehow be able to compete in nationals this year, but it's very unlikely :(

She should be. Top 5 finishers from last year have automatic byes, she was 3rd.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker

Ohh nooo what happened? Not injury related I hope :(

butters

Rinkside
I couldn't find anything online that explained it, my only source is the Pacific Coast Sectionals protocol. I wonder if it may be because she got a bye, but then again, why would she be on the protocol in the first place? I'm kinda confused here, but hopefully it's a mistake of theirs...

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Here's her Butterfly lovers Gala at Golden Spin (I love her fans spirals :luv17:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7ukaXaikAE

Yeah she managed to go clean and received good reception from the audience. What positive tremendous results, hopefully lead to good things at US nationals and buy a ticket to the world championships. Oh Karen, I am enormously proud of you. Pretty good skates, you even managed to beat the Olympic Champion :laugh:

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
Is she going through a growth spurt or something? She had such a brilliant Nationals last year, I love her.

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Karen's had a rough season this year, but I hope to see her come back strong next season without injuries or boot problems! It was disappointing seeing her skate so poorly at nationals, especially after her stellar senior nationals debut last year. But there's loads of potential, and I can't wait to see what she has in store next competition!

dna5019

Final Flight
She had a rough Nationals, but there were so many aspects of her performances to love. I'm hoping she'll use this time now to rest, recover, and improve. She's got the goods to be a star; I'm not giving up on her. :agree: