Alexandra Proklova | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Alexandra Proklova

hanca

Record Breaker
Newbie question: why? :rolleye:

Because you are withdrawing skaters only if there is some proper reason, for example injury. (federation can't withdraw skater because they changed their mind.) If you withdraw someone because he/she is injured, you can't suddenly claim a week later that actually this skater has now miraculously recovered. So they shot themselves into their foot by withdrawing her.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Sasha recently competed in the same Cup of Russia event with Seraphima, Zhenia, and Maria. She ended with 4th place overall. Nonetheless, she is looking more confident, which is good especially after her recovering from injuries.
SP
LP
Can someone give us some info whether she'll be able to compete in Senior Nats with her results?

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think she needs one more very good finish in Russian Cup, but I'm not sure...

I answered this in the other thread but I think it is appropriate here too. :) It is my understanding that she will compete in the next Cup of Russia event and yes you are right...she needs a strong finish. I'm sorry to say that I don't know what place she needs or how the scoring works :slink:

I'm very curious to see who she will compete with. Should be much easier than this week. The frustrating thing is that she has really good programs. It's just been a tough year unfortunately for her :cry:

Last edited:

siela

On the Ice
I answered this in the other thread but I think it is appropriate here too. :) It is my understanding that she will compete in the next Cup of Russia event and yes you are right...she needs a strong finish. I'm sorry to say that I don't know what place she needs or how the scoring works :slink:

I'm very curious to see who she will compete with. Should be much easier than this week. The frustrating thing is that she has really good programs. It's just been a tough year unfortunately for her :cry:

Basically, the situation is the following:
There are 18 spots at Russian Senior Nationals with some of them already occupied by girls from GP (Radionova, Tuktamisheva, Lipnitskaya, Leonova, Pogorilaya, Artemieva, Stavitskaya) and girls that made it to JGPF (Sakhanovich, Medvedeva, Sotskova). That makes 10 girls total. Lets assume that Sotnikova and Gosviani will be given a bye to nationals if ready. That leaves 6 spots open.
At the moment, the skaters qualifying for those spots are:
Kaiumova 26 points
Ogoreltseva 22 points
Pervushkina 22 points
Bayanova 18 points
Susha 17 points
Kulikova 16 points

at the moment, Proklova has 12 points. Other girls with 1 event are:
Lebedeva 10 points
Trubina 10 points
Yushchenko 6 points
Korobeinikova 6 points

A third place finish will surely qualify her to senior nationals, though, unless someone already prequalified participates, I do not see anyone she could potentially lose to.
I suppose, it is pretty safe to say that, if Proklova shows up for the 5th Russian Cup event, she will go to Senior Nationals.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
I miss Alex in JGPF :cry:

More sad news, Alex will not be participating in Senior Nats this year. :cry:

I hope her the best in next season then

s_parks

Record Breaker
I miss Alex in JGPF :cry:

More sad news, Alex will not be participating in Senior Nats this year. :cry:

I hope her the best in next season then

No. :cry:
I do hope she can comeback strong next season. She's only 14, so I'm not panicking if she has this bad season. Better have it now than later, I say.

Roman09

Final Flight
The first victory of Sasha in this season. But points don't impress
European junior Olympic festival
Dornbirn, Austria
January 26-28
Final provision
1. Aleksandra Proklova (Russia) – 152,86
Free skating
1. Aleksandra Proklova (Russia) – 102,11
Short program
1. Anastasia Galustyan (Armenia) – 52,94
2. Aleksandra Proklova (Russia) – 50,75
http://cs624020.vk.me/v624020008/1b0d0/FIoSVBRJb0E.jpg

Last edited:

s_parks

Record Breaker
I really hope she can come back strong next season, whether she stays junior or not. She so talented and has the it factor.

mat

Rinkside
The first victory of Sasha in this season. But points don't impress
European junior Olympic festival
Dornbirn, Austria
January 26-28
Final provision
1. Aleksandra Proklova (Russia) – 152,86
Free skating
1. Aleksandra Proklova (Russia) – 102,11
Short program
1. Anastasia Galustyan (Armenia) – 52,94
2. Aleksandra Proklova (Russia) – 50,75
http://cs624020.vk.me/v624020008/1b0d0/FIoSVBRJb0E.jpg
Can't find the video.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker

s_parks

Record Breaker
You know what, she's on a good path on recovering her form. Yes, she is URing her jumps but let's know that most of the UR jumps she have are in her combos, specifically on the second jump. URs are major mistakes but I believe she's capable of improving more and slaying them

I agree. And she's still only 14 now, just turning 15 in April (born in 2000! so young :drama:), so I'm actually glad she is having a rough season now, when she can definitely fix her technique.