Alexandra Proklova | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Alexandra Proklova

Tutto

Record Breaker
She has been to both of Buyanova's/Sokolovskaya's camps this summer, the most recent of which was held in the Italian Alps. So no, she isn't "lame" and hasn't given up skating yet. Whether she will make a successful return though, is hard to say.

It is great to hear that she is back to training as I mentioned I didn't know if that info was reliable. Maybe she underwent that surgery or some other treatment. Anyway wishing her every success and hoping to see her soon

Last edited:

The Finn

Record Breaker
I really hope Proklova/Deputat would happen. And if it doesn't happen with Deputat then hopefully it will happen with some other partner.

Coach Oleg Vasiliev said that the Russian figure skater Andrei Deputy looking for a new partner after the collapse of a pair of Bazarov Faith - MP .

"Now he is working with Alexandra Proklova, a couple of weeks we will try it in a pair with another partner. Proklova - singles skater, we need to understand how it can be developed as a figure skater pair skating, but there is an interesting option that I like, "- said Vasilyev.

Vasilyev also said that Bazarov wrote a statement in FFKR about retirement.

"If she can not cope with the volume of loads, which are necessary for a professional career, then it is a decision based on something that she alone knows," - quoted coach "R-Sport" .
http://www.sports.ru/figure-skating/1045752712.html

Last edited:

s_parks

Record Breaker
I would love to see Proklova skate/compete again, and pairs would be great. I agree, we could see some great sbs jumps, i think harder 3-3's aside, she shouldn't have any trouble so long as she's not injured. Really missed her skating- the posture, presentation, was the best amongst the russian "babies" her age.

Alchamei

Record Breaker
I only recently found out that Proklova's injuries are quite serious, what is exactly with her? Also, someone metioned in other forum she has trouble even with walking, I hope she's ok.

hanca

Record Breaker
She doesn't have trouble with walking. If she had, I can't see how Deputat would want to have try out with her.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
She doesn't have trouble with walking. If she had, I can't see how Deputat would want to have try out with her.

It's like the ultimate conspiracy theory isn't it. I honestly think it was fueled further by her Instagram pics which frequently seemed to show her leaning on something or someone and not putting full weight on her left leg. I'm just glad to hear that she is doing well and skating again. I still find myself going back and watching her 2013-14 season programs quite a bit. Has she competed since Youth Olympics?

Last edited:

The Finn

Record Breaker
Has she competed since Youth Olympics?

She didn't compete at Youth Olympics. She competed at European Youth Olympics which is different competition.

Her last competition was Russian Cup final about a month later.

Last edited:

The Finn

Record Breaker
So, it looks like Proklova/Deputat will happen. Can't wait to see them.

Alexandra Proklova will be Deputat’s new partner?

– Yes, we are working with Alexandra. First impressions are good. There are not a lot of girls who want to do pairs. Among everyone we have Proklova is a pretty good option. She’s quite compact, with jumps. And most importantly, she wants to do pair skating. When there is a great desire, you can achieve a lot.

How long does it takes to prepare a new pair for competitions?

– It’s hard to answer, only time will tell. Usually, the first results appear within five to six months of joint work. If we start now, we’ll see something like a pair in the spring. I hope we’ll be able to show something at the Russian local competitions at the end of the sports season. The girl came from single skating, so it’s early to say more.
http://fs-gossips.com/oleg-vasiliev-about-bazarova-deputat-parting/

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Good luck to Sasha but I'm curious as to why Deputat lost his last partner? Is he gonna be a good fit for her? Basically....someone tell me the guy isn't a jerk!!

s_parks

Record Breaker
Good luck to Sasha but I'm curious as to why Deputat lost his last partner? Is he gonna be a good fit for her? Basically....someone tell me the guy isn't a jerk!!

I mean...Deputat isn't exactly one of the best male pairs skaters, but bazarova can't exactly jump.

The Finn

Record Breaker
"Sasha Proklova is undergoing a rehabilitation course for her back injury, which she received back in the days of performances in solo skating, and the deputy trains with different girls, but we are all waiting for Sasha and we hope that she will cope with back problems and we will be able to work fully," Vasiliev said. "In April, I think we will start preparing for the upcoming season, if everything goes as we want, Lyudmila Vlasova will still be the choreographer of the pair."
http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20170317/1117791813.html

I would like this to happen very much but her back problems sound bad considering it is been a long time since she has competed.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Ah, so she's still in rehab... wish her a complete and speedy recovery. I hope we get to see her compete again. Her skating is sorely missed and they could have a realistic shot at the '22 olympic team, especially with Mishina/Mirzoev not in the picture anymore.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Anyone else still keeping up with Sasha? She seems really happy and has a certain mischievous side to her social media persona :devil:

Part of me wonders if we’ll see her start getting more involved with coaching or not. She’s seems happy though but I can’t help think what could have been if it weren’t for injuries :cry: