Official web site for SC GP? | Golden Skate

Official web site for SC GP?

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Am I missing something? Is there no official website for SkateCanada?
It would be nice to know camera policies, food policies, if single ticket holders can get into practices for that event day, ins and out for parking and commings and goings, etc.
One place for schedules, practice groups, competitors, times doors open, etc.....

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Actually I have to get my head in the game and mark those eateries on my google map....
The second link has an email address where I can ask some typical fan questions....will get back with the answers....
Thanks!
Chris

This isn't the official website, but it has tabs for where to stay, eat and do stuff in Kelowna

http://www.tourismkelowna.com/includes/events/2014-Skate-Canada-International/3083/

The Canadian federation website takes you to this page
http://www.skatecanada.ca/event/2014-skate-canada-international/

PaulE

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Thanks for the link Doris. Chris, the Train Station Pub looks interesting and Google Maps shows it being much closer than the map tourismkelowna has on their website. Google says it is only a 2 minute walk away. I suggest that we check it out. If there is there anyone reading this that knows the Pub, please comment.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Works for me! Here is the website...
http://www.thetrainstationpub.com/
(here is what SkateCanada sent me back so far about my questions...)

Your request (23590 - SkateCanada) has been received and is being reviewed by our support staff.

In the meantime, if you'd like to share more information with us, please reply to this email.

Please note that there may be a delay in responding to your message. We are receiving a high volume of telephone inquiries in relation to current difficulties with the Members Only site. We are aware of the problem and are working to rectify the issue. Your message has been received and a reply will be issued shortly. Thank you for your patience.

03 Oct 02:38

Greetings! I am attending the SkateCanada event in a month and have some usual fan questions:

1. I have an all event ticket package. Are they any special in and out
rules for practices and competitions or do I just show my tickets?
2. Are water bottles allowed?
3. Are there parking fees at this event? And if there are, will there
be any in and out issues?
4. What are the camera policies for this event?
5. Are small backpacks/fanny packs allowed?

Thanks!
Chris

Thanks for the link Doris. Chris, the Train Station Pub looks interesting and Google Maps shows it being much closer than the map tourismkelowna has on their website. Google says it is only a 2 minute walk away. I suggest that we check it out. If there is there anyone reading this that knows the Pub, please comment.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Still no answer...

Still no answer to my questions to SkateCanada....but then Nats St. Paul hasn't gotten back to me about official hotels yet either.....just a note saying they were looking into finding them....8 months ago....

DonnaR

On the Ice
I can answer some of your questions from attending previous Skate Canada's.

1) The venue usually has scanners so they scan your ticket when you arrive and they scan it again if you want to leave during the day.
2) Outside food/drink is generally not allowed but I usually buy 1 bottle of water then try to find a fountain to refill during the day! I haven't been to this venue before so I don't know how strictly they check bags (at previous events, not very well!)
3) The venue website says event parking is $10 with no in & out privileges. I'm not familiar with the area so I don't know what other parking options there are.
4) Skate Canada generally allows cameras but no video recording and no SLR cameras (no removable lenses).
5) I've never had a problem bringing a bag into their events.

Hope this helps!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Thanks! Got the official word today from SC.
Hello Chris,

Thank you for your email. Here are a few answers to your questions:

1 - You may come and go just be sure to check with door staff to ensure you have what you need to come back in.
2 - No outside food or drink is permitted in the arena.
3 - Parking is available at the arena for a fee. I would give them a call at 250.979.0888 to see if they have more information and also for any other venue inquiries.
4 - Professional cameras with detachable lenses are not permitted in the arena. There is also no flash photography and all video recording is prohibited.
5 - I believe yes but are subject to search by the venue staff.

I hope this is helpful and please let me know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,
Theresa Godbold - Skate Canada
1.888.747.2372 | @skatecanada

I can answer some of your questions from attending previous Skate Canada's.

1) The venue usually has scanners so they scan your ticket when you arrive and they scan it again if you want to leave during the day.
2) Outside food/drink is generally not allowed but I usually buy 1 bottle of water then try to find a fountain to refill during the day! I haven't been to this venue before so I don't know how strictly they check bags (at previous events, not very well!)
3) The venue website says event parking is $10 with no in & out privileges. I'm not familiar with the area so I don't know what other parking options there are.
4) Skate Canada generally allows cameras but no video recording and no SLR cameras (no removable lenses).
5) I've never had a problem bringing a bag into their events.

Hope this helps!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
(I have had some time to look at the Prospera website. Parking is $10 a day, no in and out privlideges. No plastic bottles are allowed. Don't know if there are drinking fountains. Consession stands don't take debit cards....