2014 Croatia Cup JGP Men's Short Program | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2014 Croatia Cup JGP Men's Short Program

lady_bee

Medalist
Happy for Shoma and Nathan:clap:
Also, I like British boy, Newberry.

Now I can go to World Gymnastics! I've been busy watching skate and gymnastics at the same time:biggrin:

ioanna

Record Breaker
Congratulations to Shoma for his new personal best! It's not the first time Shoma gets full credit for his 3A so I wouldn't be surprised if it was indeed rotated.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I like Shoma but to tell the truth I think it's UR but anyways the judges let it go. With a strict panel it might be different. Nathan's Axel looked more fully rotated to me, though.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I think he tried to be Super Mario. Well, an interesting choise for a short program.

There have been a few Super Mario programs before...notably Nobunari Oda and Kim Lucine (feels like he's been milking that one for years). I'd be happy if I never saw one again!

gmyers

Record Breaker
Poor lazukin! Single axel and of course it was invalidated! So good after. What a talent!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
No, I think that Christina Zaitsev, another pairs skater. Sadly, she's no longer skating, I heard.

As an aside, I vaguely recall from some weeks ago that Zaitsev had left the door open to returning to skating in a future season. (A new partner presumably would be necessary.)

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Disapointing for Lazukin after his fantastic skates last week. Single axel, struggled on the combo (3F3T) and 3Lz and he finds himself back in 9th place. Hopefully he can pull back in the free skate.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have no doubt we will be hearing a lot more from Nathan Chen in the coming years. Remember he hasn't competed all year yet scored over 72 points even with a fall. Is he skating as a Senior at Nationals this year?