Boyang Jin and Shoma Uno JGPF show down! | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Boyang Jin and Shoma Uno JGPF show down!

lcd

Match Penalty
This event, and the ladies, will once again be the most exciting JGP Final events. It will be fascinating to see how the relative trade-offs between technical excellent and artistry will be judged. Top juniors in the first year of the cycle have a way of becoming top contenders by the time the Olympic quad has come full cycle.

Meoima

Match Penalty
The sad thing is it didn't apply for Kanako. And among the top contenders of junior men 2010-2011, only Yuzuru competed at Sochi.
We could never tell.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
...And among the top contenders of junior men 2010-2011, only Yuzuru competed at Sochi.
We could never tell.

I just like to point out that in the Sochi Olympics, we have skaters even younger than Yuzuru competing (Jason Brown, Han Yan, Michael Christian Martinez). Dennis Ten, the Sochi bronze medalist, himself competed in the 2012 World Junior Championships, placing behind Han Yan, Joshua Farris, and Jason Brown. Although, as Meoima says, we can never tell for sure, I have a feeling a junior in this Olympic cycle will make it to the podium in Pyeongchang. And for me, that's one reason why the junior skating competitions in this quad bear watching besides some of the junior men this early having developed a personal style of skating.

Poice

Final Flight
I just like to point out that in the Sochi Olympics, we have skaters even younger than Yuzuru competing (Jason Brown, Han Yan, Michael Christian Martinez)

Jason is just 8 days younger than Yuzuru xD (just saying :)).

I think it's really hard to predict who from current top junior skaters will be a force in next few years. Juniors now are doing crazy technical things (quads for junior men, 3-3, 3-1-3 for ladies...). I just wish all of them stay healthy.

FTnoona

Final Flight
I just like to point out that in the Sochi Olympics, we have skaters even younger than Yuzuru competing (Jason Brown, Han Yan, Michael Christian Martinez). Dennis Ten, the Sochi bronze medalist, himself competed in the 2012 World Junior Championships, placing behind Han Yan, Joshua Farris, and Jason Brown. Although, as Meoima says, we can never tell for sure, I have a feeling a junior in this Olympic cycle will make it to the podium in Pyeongchang. And for me, that's one reason why the junior skating competitions in this quad bear watching besides some of the junior men this early having developed a personal style of skating.

Ten competed at the 2010 Olympics and had a really good FS in 2009 worlds (got it confused with 2010). B.Esp commentators were very excited about him :) He just had a slump after that and picked it up in time for 2013 worlds and the Olympics. He's been competing on the senior gp since 2009, so I wouldn't really say he was a junior in this quad.

Although Shoma may not win the jgfp, I think he's got potential to be a contender by 2018. He's already got the presentation even if it's almost too dai like and he surprisingly is doing very well with the quad. He might even have a shot at making senior worlds, but maybe by then Kozuka and Mura will be in better shape :think:

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Ten competed at the 2010 Olympics and had a really good FS in 2009 worlds (got it confused with 2010). B.Esp commentators were very excited about him :) He just had a slump after that and picked it up in time for 2013 worlds and the Olympics. He's been competing on the senior gp since 2009, so I wouldn't really say he was a junior in this quad.

Fair point. I guess the same can be said of Nam Nguyen who competed in 2014 Worlds at 15 and will be competing in this season's senior GP events.