ISU World Team Trophy 2015 General Information | Page 2 | Golden Skate

ISU World Team Trophy 2015 General Information

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I don't think it is going to be shown on TV. But it will be streamed via the ISU channel and in previous years this competition has not been geoblocked. :)

TV Asahi will air it in Japan.

But otherwise I agree with your answer.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Hello, I have summarized all the important information about the event into one post. Hope you find this useful! :)
http://www.ifigureskating.com/2015-world-team-trophy-online-streams-and-details/

So is canada just not allowed to watch the world team trophy because they cant use the isu channel nor ice network.

Good question, GF2445. :think:

cocovica, has the ISU really said that its streaming of WTT will not be available in Canada? :confused2:

cocovica

On the Ice
Good question, GF2445. :think:

cocovica, has the ISU really said that its streaming of WTT will not be available in Canada? :confused2:
hi! I am very sorry for the confusion. I have checked it and seems like I have made a mistake! it SHOULD be available in Canada! Only not in U.S. Thanks for poiting that out! :)

Pippuripihvi

Final Flight
Does anyone know how the points are awarded? Is it both short and free as opposed to just final standings?

Last edited:

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Does anyone know how the points are awarded? Is it both short and free as opposed to just final standings?

Yes, points are awarded for placements for the short and free program instead of overall standings. It's the first time WTT is doing this (and it also further favors the single skaters over the pairs and dance couples)

Pippuripihvi

Final Flight
Yes, points are awarded for placements for the short and free program instead of overall standings. It's the first time WTT is doing this (and it also further favors the single skaters over the pairs and dance couples)

Why do you think it favors the singles? Just imagine - someone places 1st in SD (12 pts) and then 8th in FS (5 pts) - we all know men can do that! So overall pts are 17. And with pairs 1st place in SD (12 pts) and the last place in FS (7 pts) will bring 19 to the table.