Haven Denney & Brandon Frazier | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Haven Denney & Brandon Frazier

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Any word on Haven's recovery?

Per this piece by Michelle Kennedy: http://www.examiner.com/article/the-denney-sisters-talk-careers-family-and-future

As Caydee transitions out of her competitive career her sister, Haven, continues her career despite being hindered by a knee injury. “My knee is starting to feel a lot stronger and a lot more normal,” Haven said during a phone interview on July 27. “It’s a slow process and you have to work really hard at it, but it’s feeling much better.” Though Haven and Brandon will be missing out on the Grand Prix season, they are both hoping to be back and competing at nationals. In the meantime, Haven is focusing on recovering and is anxious to return to the ice.

LRK

Record Breaker
I'll miss them at the GP, but I'm glad they're on their way back.:)

tulosai

Record Breaker
Has there been any further news on these two? I am hoping the best for them...

LRK

Record Breaker
Happy birthday, Haven! May this year bring joyous things and success, and make up for the hardships you've endured. Looking forward to seeing you and Brandon back in competition again. :)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
This weekend Haven and Brandon are in Telluride, Colorado -- apparently skating in the holiday ice show there.

Other skaters in the show include:
Maddie Aaron and Max Settlage; Mirai Nagasu; Alex Johnson.​

Group photo of cast, incl. Haven and Brandon: https://www.instagram.com/p/_LNDXZgpOQ/ (Dec 11)
Attached comment from Brandon's mother, bethfrazier0819: You guys have fun! And wish I could see you and Haven skate⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄️​
Mirai's group photo with #telluride: https://www.instagram.com/p/_LE9Foi5Vd/

One of Alex's tweets about the group headed to Telluride, incl. mentions of Haven and Brandon:

Video of pair skating with Brandon and Alex [sic]:

Telluride's North Pole on Ice (Dec 11 -12):

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Wonderful news that they are on the ice and skating in shows! I still am really looking forward to seeing them at Nationals!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Wonderful news that they are on the ice and skating in shows! I still am really looking forward to seeing them at Nationals!

If my eyes do not deceive me, Haven/Brandon are the skaters performing a lift in this video snippet from the Telluride ice show tonight:

A cast photo from tonight, courtesy of Alex Johnson:

ETA (on Dec 16), Haven's photo-collage of the event:
havendenney1028
Such a fun time at the ice show in Telluride! ��⛸☃ So happy to perform again!
https://www.instagram.com/p/_Qhv7bLjRv/ (Dec 13)​

Last edited:

LRK

Record Breaker
I missed them - I'm so glad to hear they're well on their way back; thanks for posting burntBREAD!

I especially love Haven saying:

"I'm so lucky I have Brandon with me, because we go through our ups and downs together. I'm super lucky to have a partner like him."

Awww, that is just so adorable! I'm so glad she felt she had that support during all this.:)

sarama

Medalist
Wow...they have changed a lot of coaches in just a few years! I hope this is the right choice for them.... and I'm happy for Stefania and Rockne to have the opportunity to coach them (they have both been pretty unlucky to be honest in their skating careers)

tulosai

Record Breaker
I just wanted to say I wrote to Haven and Brandon late last year through their website and they were gracious enough to actually personally respond to my email today (or I guess technically Brandon did). While he didn't say anything substantive that isn't public knowledge at this point he did mention that he appreciates their fans support a lot and that they are going to try to be better about updating their facebook page. They do sound very excited about their new training environment and their return to competition. I really appreciate that they did write back to me and the gracious way they did so.