Haven Denney & Brandon Frazier | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Haven Denney & Brandon Frazier

Layback11

Record Breaker

:yahoo:

Fantastic skate! This is a great vehicle for them. If that was how they skated in their first competition of the season (after a year out!), I can't wait to see how they'll look by the end. :love: Though it kind of depends on how Castelli/Tran skate at whatever early-season events they do, I would say they are a safe bet for the SA host pick. :agree:

LRK

Record Breaker
It's lovely to see them back - I have really missed them!

However... I'm not sure about the music choice. It's pleasant enough, but I wish they were skating to something a bit more... dynamic.I don't doubt they will do fine with it, but... I don't think it will lead to greatness. I know, I'm a bit greedy.:) I just loved their Lion King so, and was hoping for something more along those lines.

But, it's nice. More importantly, it even nicer to see them back.:)

musicfan80

Medalist
Nice job - but I do think they are a better match with music with greater crescendos and decrescendos. I think the music they are using now works with teams that have the personality of Gordeeva/Grinkov and Berezhnaya/Sikharulidze. I'm still intrigued by the "Halo soundtrack" idea that Brandon gave for an ideal program from a Team Chat that USFS gave before 2015 Worlds.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION šŸ”„
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Does anyone know if they are training at the Fox Valley Ice Arena in Geneva, IL?

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION šŸ”„
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They train under Rockne Brubaker and Stefania Berton, who are the head coaches there, so I would assume so!

Interesting. I just went out there last week to ask if Narumi Takahashi from Japan and her new partner were skating there. I'd better keep my eyes open next time I go on a search!:cool14:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I'm so impressed by their performance at Skate Detroit. Now I'm a fan of the pair.

OMG, this is extraordinarily beautiful. Their performance gives me goosebumps! This intricate and delicate program with so many unique transitions and choreographic moves is noteworthy. I'm sure this program will be one of my favorite pair programs for this season. I'm also glad Haven seems to heal her serious injuries completely. I'm also applauding the choreographer, Marina Zueva! I'm really looking forward to the US Nationals already. :) This is gonna be so fun.

Last edited:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
So they are assigned to compete at Skate America and Skate Canada on the Grand Prix circuit.

http://www.usfsa.org/story?id=89869&type=media

Haven Denney and Brandon Frazier, the 2015 U.S. silver medalists, will compete at Skate America, an event at which Aaron and Settlage were assigned. Skate America is Oct. 21-23 at Sears Centre Arena in Hoffman Estates, Illinois. Denney and Frazier will also compete at Skate Canada International, the second event of the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Series.

Last edited:

s_parks

Record Breaker
Back to back gps will be tough, but at least they don't have to go overseas so it shouldn't be too bad. Best of luck to them this season! I've missed them a lot.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
What I find myself funny is that although I saw them compete several time, I got to notice the beauty of their skating just a couple of days ago. If I didn't watch skylark's post, and watched their new FS "Somewhere in Time" out of sheer boredom (I'm not that interested in the summer Olympics), I would've not recognized them until they make it to advance to GPF someday.

I definitely saw them compete at Skate America live and at Rostelecom during yesteryear's season. I of course saw them at 4CC and Worlds. At those times, I thought their yellow costumes for the Lion King FS were gorgeous and their music and choreography were unexpectedly classy and elegant. However, I was too occupied with how Hao Zhang was going to deliver with his new partner Cheng Peng at SA and the new reigning OSM Stolbova/Klimov although they are not my favorites...admittedly their names were bigger than the 2013 Junior World Champions.

Nonetheless, I think the young pair is a full-packaged team and can be a future for American pairs as long as they stay "together" and "healthy". One of my figure skating dreams is that I see American Worlds and Olympic champions in pairs as much as I want to see European Olympic champions other than Russians. We've seen already Canadian and Chinese World and Olympic champions. I love diversity! It is so odd that US has not produced pair champions although they have enough tradition and a record.

Anyway, Haven and Brandon are so talented and well trained; their lines remind me of classically trained Russian pairs. Their throws and twists are so big that they definitely have potentials to try quads in the near future. Their weaknesses are SBS jumps and spins, but that can get better with hard practice. I also think Brandon's SS are much improved from 2014-15 season, so I'm also glad to know that the team diligently trained under the unfortunate circumstance. I'm really looking forward to Skate America first!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
D/F's endearing mini-video in answer to a fan question as to how excited they are to be returning to competition:

It is one of my favorite replies so far from the #AskASkater series from Champs Camp.

Haven and esp. Brandon are so sweet and sincere in expressing their appreciation that they are able to compete again. Wishing them a great season.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Hi. I was told that I could post interview links on the forum. I have a new interview on my web site with Haven & Brandon!

Interview with Denney/Frazier: "There was never a doubt in my mind that I would be able to skate again"
https://adivinesport.com/2016/09/21/interview-with-denneyfrazier/

Thank you so much! I can't wait to see them compete again. It's really a loss for u.s. pairs that ingo couldn't stay. Maybe in the future they could work together again, though I'm sure rockne and Stefania are great.