Haven Denney & Brandon Frazier | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Haven Denney & Brandon Frazier

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Was very anxious to see their Somewhere in Time FS. Love that music, and I was at SA in 2014 when they won the silver medal there. It concerned me to see that she was wearing some kind of a knee wrap? knee brace? Their speed and flow across the ice looked good, and I thought his partnering of her seemed very smooth. I didn't make any notes about the rest of their program, but it seems I'm remembering that their jumps were not as secure as they should have been. That's just going from memory though. They actually train at the Fox Valley Ice Arena in Geneva, Illinois - not all that far from where I live!

musicfan80

Medalist
Really proud of how well Haven and Brandon skated today - I think if they keep strong, their recovery will get better and better.

Hopefully, they can stay in 2nd-3rd and get to go to 4CCs - maybe even Worlds!

tulosai

Record Breaker
Love these two and hope they are able to skate their best tomorrow! I too want to see them at Worlds! :cheer:

Tastetherainbow

Medalist
Really interesting to see Denney make an error on that throw loop when it is usually so solid, but definitely not a bad skate at all! Can't wait for their free!

musicfan80

Medalist
So happy that Haven and Brandon won their 1st National title today. I hope they have a successful 4CCs/Worlds and continue improving for next season. I think if Haven continues her successful recovery and Brandon continues to improve his skating skills, things will be very interesting! :)

tulosai

Record Breaker
:cheer: I am very happy for these two! I hope they'll have a great time at 4CCs and Worlds, and that they will continue to make great strides next season!

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congrats to our new Pairs Champions! Really enjoyed talking with them, and hope to go watch them train some day soon. They train at a rink about 45 mins. from where I live. They said to come and watch any time.

https://pic.twitter.com/iMqweMw4iA

Last edited:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
There is a really nice article on Haven and Brandon in the Feb. issue of International Figure Skating Magazine. Below are a few highlights of the article:

After Haven's surgery, the rehabilitation process was long. She was not allowed to put any weight on the leg for six weeks, followed by rehab and physical therapy. Apparently she sustained her injury when they were just doing something very simple off-ice. She spent several months rehabilitating at the U.S. Olympic Training Centre in Colorado Springs.

During the time she was at the USOTC, Brandon worked on his skating skills with Marina Zoueva in Canton, MI. They did not return to the ice until October, and Denney continued to wear a brace for a long period of time.

Their coach Ingo Steuer had to return to Germany, so they started looking for a new training site. They spent three weeks working with Zoueva and Johnny Johns who suggested they consider working with Rockne Brubaker and his wife Stefania Barton at a suburban Chiacgo training facility. They decided to give it a try, and the fit seemed right almost immediately...The move became official in March 2016. They were very happy to take the silver medal at Skate America in the same arena where they had won the 2014 Skate America silver.

They are excited about what lies ahead and their ultimate goal -- the 2018 Olympics. Denney said the experience of her injury has given her a totally different perspective. "I'm so appreciative of every moment I'm on the ice. It's very hard, trying to get back all my elements...but I have to keep thinking about how far I've come and how much further I want to go. I'm very blessed".

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^Awesome article on Haven and Brandon. They are fighters! So happy to hear they have worked with Alex. Worlds was heart breaking, but time now to look forward and no looking back. The article has a very positive vibe, and I look forward to their upcoming season.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^I'm always holding my breath when they go to do their SBS jumps. Her injury was so severe, they're like a "miracle pair". Plus they've been skating together for SO long. I still have high hopes for them.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Saw them training yesterday. Can't wait to see them at Sk Canada!

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
and how are they doing it? they look ready?

They looked good, but frankly, I'll always be biting my nails when they go to do their jumps. Haven's injury was just such a rough one. Mostly they were working on jumps, and they did some spin work too. Haven worked for about 15-20 minutes on her jumps by herself, then Brandon arrived...I was hoping they would play their Who Wants To Live Forever music, but they worked without music...Come on guys! Kill it at Skate Canada! :hap57: :hap10:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I love these guys. Can't decide which US Pairs team I like best!